Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Photostream - Private View

Could you please add another option to the Photostream View drop down menu? The option would read "Private View" and would display only the photos that are marked as "Private". Often I want to find which of my photos are visible only by me. I think the Private View would be easy to implement and is a useful feature. Thank you.

57th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
S. Smith shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • H Houghton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding "Anonymous"'s comment: I don't want to have to go to organize to find the private photos. The thumbnails are way too small. I want to see them in Photostream.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good idea.
    But you have also always been able to find both the Public and Private photos in Organize.
    Click on 'More Options' at bottom and then 'Only Show Private Content' from Drop Down Menu.

• Quinton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can a feature be added where one could just select certain images from an album to be shared and have the images not able to be directed back to the album?

• andrew westcombe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

1. A moment ago I provided feedback, but wasn't logged in. After I logged in, my feedback vanished, which is very frustrating!
    2. Think more about the use case of someone who wants to share photos privately with a few friends, say after an organised tour. I set up a private group, and uploaded the photos easily. But then bringing the photos into the group was unbearably cumbersome -- I was limited to bringing across 6 at a time.
    3. I persevered with setting up the group, but friend could not find the invitation I sent, despite having joined flickr at my request.

So I've given up on using flickr for this purpose, and have resorted to dropbox instead. I like flickr, but you really need to move with the times.

Feedback and Knowledge Base