Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Provide a way to remove GROUPS from my Flickr Feed

The new Flickr Feed page is TERRIBLE. I don't want to keep up the random posts to a ton of groups. I do want to keep up with a very SELECT group of PEOPLE I follow--there's a big difference between the two. The developers can go off on their merry tangents, just give us a way to arrange things the way WE like. Seem's fair enough to me!

3rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    RayRay shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: I don't find using the Flickr app an enjoyable experience. Here are some ideas I have  ·   · 

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Peter TsangPeter Tsang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give us the option to select which groups to see. Otherwise, I will remove myself from some groups, and Flickr will lose the social aspect that groups are meant for.

• Brian SchmidtBrian Schmidt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use flickr for work, and even "safe" group content is often not suitable to appear on a workplace computer terminal.

• AnKaAnKa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, group photos are annoying in the feed if you can't choose to have them in there or not. I liked the thumbnails when someone has uploaded more than one image which could easily be clicked on from the activity feed. Not everyone has the intention to follow in my view unmanageable numbers of people and photos so if we don't want to be bombarded we should not be "spammed" by content.

• Marge Marge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't always have time to look at the Groups I have joined, so this is very irritating. I prefer to look at my groups about once a week so I don't like to see a "teaser" mixed in with my People photos.

• Rowan BristolRowan Bristol commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The feed page is a disaster. People and groups I don't follow are at the top, while the people I do follow ardently are now nowhere to be seen.

• Matt BieberMatt Bieber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Give us the option to turn "OFF" or "ON" the new groups view. We utilize Flickr as a portfolio tool for our high school students, and on more than one occasion recently VERY INAPPROPRIATE content has been forced shown to them in a group they did NOT choose to follow but was force suggested.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The addition of groups is bad enough, but it's also incredibly frustrating to have this two-column format that makes it difficult to browse the feed in a linear fashion. Instead of one stream, it looks like two parallel streams, and it forces me to do a lot of scrolling back to look at photos I missed from one column while looking at the opposite column. There's also an excessive amount of whitespace around the photos.

Columns make sense in newspapers where the content is static and flows clearly, top of column to bottom of column, top of next column, repeat. It doesn't work for progressively-loaded content.

If I could give all 50 of my votes to get you to revert to the prior setup, I'd do it.

• ghostghost commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. I loathe the new feed page. I want it to go back to the way it was. All of the other changes seem nice but the feed page has got to go!

• greg ggreg g commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like that there's now an actual bottom to the page that can be reached on the activity feed, but tossing in group stuff is unhelpful. It has me going thru and opting out of my marginally interesting groups to avoid gumming up the page with them and that, I suspect, is the opposite effect of what you intended. I also preferred the picture in picture thumbnails of additional images recently posted by those I follow instead of +3, etc.

• GregGreg commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I don't want to see Flickr's "recommended" shots on my page, and don't want group activity on my page.

• chassamaxchassamax commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is a People view to see what post the peopple I folllow, a Group view to see what the is in group BUT where is the YOURSELF view ? How can I see now to view when someone comment one of my photo or follow me ?

I will not use notification bell, the is too much notification to see something (I have 255 notifications this morning).

• Howard WorfHoward Worf commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put it back to the way it was, and that goes for the god awful groups beta too. I have been a pro subscriber for years, but I won't be renewing if the site retains this ghastly interface and keeps pursuing change for change's sake. And BTW the mobile app is rubbish, I never access Flickr from my phone or tablet because I can't see or interact with my groups and contacts.

• RandyRandy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on... If it ain't broke... This new junk proves you're more interested in exercising your design chops and trying to emulate Fakebook and Instascam than you are in your users. I personally don't want stuff shoved in my face. If I want to look at something else or the photos in a group I'll go there. Having those features locked in is rude. Trying to impress your new Verizon bosses?

• Paul HydePaul Hyde commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Come on Flickr. Sort this out ! I used to be on the site quite a bit, but hardly visit now !!!

Absolutely agree! Also get rid of 'recommended' photos! This is enough to tempt me to quit Flickr,

It is okay that you like to include groups into the news feed, but make it option, I believe some people that want it will add it to the function, but the rest of us do not want this since it clutters up the whole news feed. I just want to know what happening with my pictures and with pictures from people I follow.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base