Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Please stop with putting "recommended" photos from random people in my feed. I only want to see my friends and family not the whole world!!!

Please do not put "recommended" photos in my feed. It is annoying!!! Please stop! You didn't even ask if we wanted this!

2nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    gg shared a merged idea: When will Flicker stop displaying the "NEW — Notification Center" on my screen?  ·   · 
    Merenyi MelindaMerenyi Melinda shared a merged idea: Please add an option to hide images from blocked people  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please stop inserting 'Recommended' uploads into my Stream. If I want to see these photos,I wiil go looking for them myself.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Lately, every day flicker creates new albums (sets) from files on my hard drive that I don't want and have to delete. How can I stop this.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Why on earth have you decided to change the display format yet again?  ·   · 
    Diane BelleDiane Belle shared a merged idea: The new format of Flickr is ATROCIOUS !!  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Get rid of 'recommended' and groups in my flickr feed!  ·   · 
    ChuckChuck shared a merged idea: Experimenting on the fly isn't working  ·   · 

31 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Recommended" posts just suck. Either stop it or give an OPT OUT. Just one of the many reasons people stop using Yahoo products, so quit ruining my experience on Flickr.

• Dave EmersonDave Emerson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why are users who obviously have not participated in YEARS offered as "recommended?" What is the point in following someone who is not posting anything? Change the algorithm to exclude accounts that have not posted public in several months.

• Peter TsangPeter Tsang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please show feeds from people that we follow on one side, and groups and recommendations on the other. It is more than annoying to have to check the source of the photos in my feed, especially when most of the ones Flickr imposes on us are not of interest to me.

Also, work on your algorithm of recommendations. So far, I've been interested in less than 5% of your recommendations. Maybe less than 1%.

• davis-58davis-58 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, its the whole world of people we do not want to see, if we did we would look for them !!

• Merenyi MelindaMerenyi Melinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I often see images in Groups/Recommended from people I blocked for various reasons. Please add an option to hide images from blocked users.

Flickr aare inserting "recommended" uploads into peoples streams without asking STOP THIS NOW PLEASE !

• bobbob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with OP on this. It's like spam that I cannot turn off.

• AnKaAnKa commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think Merenyi Melinda's suggestion is rather good. Give a choice! The recommended pictures may be interesting but it is annoying when a platform just interferes on its own accord. I follow people because I want to see their pictures and can expand this whenever I want to anyway without suggestions I haven't asked for.
        The new layout is cumbersome, too many clicks before I can see what I want to see, for example comments on photos I commented on, is now in the notice thing which means I have to click on the bell first and then on the photo that was refered to rather than seeing it in the activity feed straight away. Could the old and new layout work alongside each other so people who for example want columns to see more information/images can choose this and others stay with the old layout? Why change something that was working fine? I like the way statistics have changed some time ago and liked seeing images on black background in the activity feed but this change make my Flickr use difficult, cluttered and more time consuming.

• Merenyi MelindaMerenyi Melinda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How difficult is it to add a few options? For example:

I want to see recommended photos from
        - any Flickr members
        - only from people I follow
        - only from people tagged as friend/family
        - none

• lara hartleylara hartley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this new "recommended" thing is following in the footsteps of facebook which is spamming my newsfeed with people i might want to know NO!, posting my friends likes and reactions even though i don't care about those.

to avoid seeing those i have to unfollow my friends which results in their normal posts not being seen.

stop trying to force us into interacting with people in ways we don't want to. or with people we don't care about!

• Marge Marge commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with the above, as I only have so many "hours" in my day, and this Flickr. change is an imposition for me.

• OuttakesOuttakes commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new format is TERRIBLE! It seems like you just made a change for the sake of making a change. I see no advantage to the new format. Please give us the option to use the old format.

• killieman1killieman1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I totally agree with all that is said here,it is now cumbersonme to comment on photos,please please go back to what was !!!!!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed! Some people upload much more often than others of portraits or what have you. In general, I enjoy looking at their work but not having all of my feed be all photos of the same subject. I then have to scroll down A LOT to see if there are other photos by other photographers that I would like to view. Please revert back to the old feed!

Lately, every day flicker creates new albums (sets) from files on my hard drive that I don't want and have to delete. How can I stop this.

Loan offer of money and investment

Hello

If you need loans between individuals to cope with difficulties financial we are a group of financial experts able to make a loan to the amount you need and repay with a low interest rate of 2 % with conditions that wants to make you the life New start.
        So, if you did not have the favor of banks or better you have a project and need financing, bad credit or need money to pay bills, loans, please do not hesitate to contact us for more information on our terms and conditions. For more information, please contact us

E-mail : freezingrid@gmail.com

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base