Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Too many clicks to see photo details

When you click a photo there should be a way to see the details. With the current change you need to click the photo and then click the photographer to get to their stream, then re-click the photo you were just looking at to see the details. Suggest adding an icon (i) maybe, on the banner at the bottom where you click favorite, forward etc. so you can jump directly to the narrative and EXIF, location etc.

18th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
JoeJoe shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Dan SHEADan SHEA commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Being told that we got X number of views from a source is not useful if we don't know which images were seen via that source. We need a quick and efficiently way to display which photos a particular search term, group, person, favorite list or third party tool/site linked to.

For example:

If someone gets 15 views from a Flickr search for the word 'puppies', it is useless for them to have a link to the the Flickr search results for 'puppies'. they won't see exactly what the people who viewed their photos saw in the first place, and even if they did, they still can't be sure which of the images in the search results the view(s) may have clicked on.

Instead we need a link that shows which of our images generated views from the source in question.

• Chrissy WainwrightChrissy Wainwright commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with this. Especially with my browser size, when I click on a photo, the version in the overlay is sometimes smaller than the one on the activity page, and it only provides the same information that was on the activity page.

• Wendy CutlerWendy Cutler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a reason at all for the intermediate page between the Activity Feed and the photo we click because we want to see it with the description, comments etc? Two clicks to get to a photo when there used to be just one? I feel I must be missing something - what does that intermediate page do for me that going directly to the next page with all the information doesn't do?

Feedback and Knowledge Base