Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Automatic Album sort by newest to oldest in albums

Photos should automatically sort by newest to oldest in albums. It is SO frustrating that I have to edit the arrangement after every upload. Why can't I choose a default for every upload?

27th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
rr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Helen BaurHelen Baur commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If I upload a new photo to my stream, I want it to appear at first place in an album. So every time I do, I have to choose the sort of arrangement in an album again.
    Would be much easier if it would save the selected sort of arrangement permanent.
    As I was looking at the help site, there were users asking for the same thing. So I guess it's very required :)

• WadeWade commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd be happy if pictures added to existing albums would be sorted by how the album is currently sorted. Most of my albums are sorted newest to oldest, but new images are added to the end. I have to re-sort and save to fix.

• Bette Messner HagueBette Messner Hague commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WHAT GORGEOUS PHOTOGRAPHY, BETSY! WHAT AN EYE FOR BEAUTY!...SO AWESOME! I WONDER IF DR STANLEY HAS SEENOT THAT? HE WOULD REALLY APPRECIATED KEN'S WORK! PLEASE ENJOY LET HIM KNOW!

• Wilga VindrutanWilga Vindrutan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Now the picutres sort from oldest to newest, which gives the newest pictures in the album much less leverage. Many people have albums in which they add pictures over a long time, and current set-up does not really reflect that. It would be most helpful to set sorting choice in the album preferences.

Feedback and Knowledge Base