Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Where is Aviary?

I no longer see "EDIT PHOTO IN AVIARY" when I click where it tells me to edit my photos. Is Aviary gone? If so WHY is it no longer available?

9th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

64 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, hope "very shortly" is very shortly - Just wondering how they grade these "ideas" - No.1 = 90 comments, No2 = 36 , No.3 = 29 - when we have 63 comments.
        What I miss most is when a photograph was changed there was an option to replace or add another picture to the thread, which in my case I could use to add a photograph I had missed out of sequence

• Wild MonkshoodWild Monkshood commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Do they care? I think their non answers are the answer to that. I noticed that when you click on the edit link, they have changed the message to remove "aviary" and are just now calling it the Flickr Photo Editor. Still non existent with no timeline.

why can't they tell us how they are doing ? Are they reading our comments ? Do they care ?

• a fransa frans commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It has been many, many weeks WITHOUT an edit capability. This is not right. When will Flickr fix this most vital feature?

checking in again, still no updates??! I do hockey & lacrosse photos for my son's high school teams and rely on this editing tool to share with families

What is taking so long to fix Aviary? If you can't get the "upgrade" working, go back and fix the old version!

can anyone recommend a good alternative to flickr? I am extremely disappointed that they run this site so poorly and have such poor communication. I have been concerned with all the Yahoo problems that flickr would suffer. Apparently, my worries were well-founded.

• Ian DocwraIan Docwra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It looks more and more likely that 'Flickr' is being run down for termination. No responses from any staff and no progress on long-standing issues. My 'Pro' account is to be cancelled before it just disappears! I would recommend shifting all photos to other sites if you haven't already, and you use it as your main on-line repository, as 'Flickr' hasn't long to live.

I've cancelled my Pro Account. I just can't see giving my money to an organization that totally ignores the request for information. If Avairy does return, I'll consider signing up again. I upload very little since their isn't an editing function. <sigh>

"This means that after a brief delay (while we get the update in place), you’ll have access to a more stable, more feature rich photo editor to complement your Flickr experience!"

Please elaborate upon your idea of "brief"... it's been over a month now.

Bought by Verizon. Beginning to look like Flickr may soon go away. Very disgusting they will not provide any updates!

When I think of Flickr, I think of non-communication and frustration. Due to lack of photo editing, i.e. Avairy, I am doing very little uploading. Every time I look, it is the same boilerplate message full of empty promises. At the very least, change the message or give updates with specifics. Please!

Aviary UPDATE please! A business that wants to stay in business needs to provide better communication than this.

• DarrellDarrell commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

C'mon!!! If it's not coming back, please tell us. This is part of the pro package!

• ShamusShamus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the Aviary “brief delay” – it has been over a month which is not brief and gives me concern about the agility and long term prospects for flickr.

• Ian DocwraIan Docwra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Must we now assume that a simple upgrade is beyond Flickr's abilities? Why are PROs paying for an absent service? Why, too, has there been no communication on the issue, while at the same time introducing the ludicrous 'emoticon' comment function?!

• Nick GoodrumNick Goodrum commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i now have to edit all my photos before listing them, Aviary was a reasonably good tool especially the sharpen image function .
        I gave up Pro membership over a year ago because i could get Aviary editing anyway and the storage was increased without membership of Pro so save your money, the only thing i miss is the graphs and data for viewings of your photos and where the search originated but i can live without it.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base