Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Where is Aviary?

I no longer see "EDIT PHOTO IN AVIARY" when I click where it tells me to edit my photos. Is Aviary gone? If so WHY is it no longer available?

11th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

38 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I tooo and becoming impatient with the length of this brief delay considering I pay for PRO.

• Kathy WinklerKathy Winkler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been waiting patiently for the return of Aviary. it has been one month since it has been disabled. I sure hope it is up and running soon. As a pro-subscriber, will we receive a free month of Flickr, since i have not been able to edit and or post any of my images for a month?

Umm, if you can't get the upgrade in place soon, (I.E. within a week, the 31st of March)) could you work on getting the old version working again?

• Ian DocwraIan Docwra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How long is this "brief delay", as you describe it, going to continue for?! It must have been at least four weeks now - surely far longer than normal for a software upgrade?

• Irwin LevensteinIrwin Levenstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have a suggestion, go to google and get their discontinued picasa photo program, they did a great job of screwing millions of users when they discontinued picasa. Now you are doing a fine job of screwing flickr users. How come with all the questions, there is no answer forthcoming from your stable of "experts".

• RUSSELL P. SUTHERLANDRUSSELL P. SUTHERLAND commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Aviary has not been working now for almost a month it seems. When did is stop working and please tell us if and when it is coming back.

• Peter WhyPeter Why commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also want a refund of my PRO membership as you have broken the agreement by denying me editing facility.

• Peter WhyPeter Why commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for the inconvenience is good for a day or two, but this BS has gone on too long I use Aviary and want it back so please extract a digit and get on with it.

• DerekDerek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's bad enough that Picnik went away and was replaced by the inferior Aviary, now that is gone too!! It's been way too long for this to be just an "update" to the program. If it's gone forever, please just let us know. As a Pro member, I am not very happy with Flickr right now!!!

• ellenellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I suspect that AVIARY is gone for good. I had a great experience with Flickr, bought PRO for increased storage never expecting an essential tool to post photos for sharing or for competition purposes would just disappear. Poor business practice, perhaps a dishonest business practice. But for sure, a genuine shame.

After getting rid of the old messenger I knew that Yahoo would mess with Flickr too. They just can't leave well enough alone. Way to go Yahoo!

I agree --Editing was part of what is paid for by PRO members. It has been missing now for over 2 weeks with no response to questions.

• ellenellen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am concerned about the honesty in this, PRO members pay a yearly fee for services which are no longer being rendered. How about being candid, is Aviary ever coming back and is Flickr itself vanishing with the Passenger Pigeon.

Aviary is necessary for me to edit the photos correctly and publish them... PLEASE, Put it back at our disposal. Thanks.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base