Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Where is Aviary?

I no longer see "EDIT PHOTO IN AVIARY" when I click where it tells me to edit my photos. Is Aviary gone? If so WHY is it no longer available?

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

91 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new photo editor is worthless!!! I hate it!!! You can't make the photo big enough to see what you need to edit!!! No spot remover!!! Everything about the new editor stinks big time!!! I hope you care, but it appears like you do not!!!

• Deadman's Handle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We're all wasting our time. The new owners of 'flickr' seem to have abandoned some former partners. Aviary wasn't perfect, but was useful for some things. We can all do stuff on our home systems that's more accurate and replace the original flickr image, but that's not the point. It was handy. The new editing stuff is unbelievably unwieldy, designed by mathematicians, not photographers. Once again something has been fixed that didn't need fixing.
    To all the previous good folk that have left comments, notice that flickr's new owners don't have much to say ...

• Debbie Docwra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flickr editing has at long last reappeared (with no apparent notification) but I cannot get it to work. Trying to save an edited photo this morning took 20 minutes and I gave up.

Flickr staff need to provide some sort of update in the Help Forum about the long promised replacement editor. The "discussion" in the Forum has devolved into pages and pages of arguments about who should be more outraged by the missing editor and petty user-on-user attacks. The lack of official information from Flickr is leaving many users feeling angry and/or abandoned.

Will we ever be able to edit photos again? Obviously Flickr doesn't care!!! I am beginning to really hate Flickr!!! By the way I hate being called a Pro, because I am not!!! I have enjoyed using Flickr in the past, but not so much now!!! I guess a lot of this has to do with Yahoo being bought by Verizon!!! It is amazing to me how tech companies are not customer sensitive and get away with it completely!!! I guess as customers we are just caught over the barrel and they just do as they want!!! Sad Sad!!!

• G. AKOS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Anything else? We have been waiting for months!!!! Pls. change the message " Very shortly, you’ll have access to a more stable, more feature rich photo editor.... :-)))"

they have found the time to change others things recently , but still no time to do what we want !!

L'accouchement est ... long, long ! Le bébé va-t-il enfin naître ?! Prévoir la césarienne !

Enfin heureusement je n'en ai pas besoin (entre lightroom 6 et ACDSEE PRO 10 pas de problème pour moi) !

• Ian Docwra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nothing has changed for many months and the message still tells us that the upgrade will be along "shortly" - a communications disaster at best, and an abandonment of users at worst!

Another comment: give us a timeline on when we can expect a replacement! The "expect a replacement shortly" has been up for at least a month. give us a firm date, or return to the last version of Aviary that worked. The entire Flickr® community seems to be fed up with the situation as it stands...

I understand that you may have problems with a replacement, but don't you people keep backups?

• Utopist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I dislike the negativity of a lot of the feedback. I am committed to flickr and appreciate that it is in continual development and that sometimes change is painful. I am however bemused by the strategy for the replacement for the photo editor. It appears so amateurish to remove the editor without warning for what must be months and without any time line for a replacement... I hope it is reinstated in some form asap discuss!

• WattundMeer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm also totally frustrated with Flickr. What is so difficult to update Aviary for your company? It's not acceptable that we have to wait for month now.

It seems to me that the wait for a photo editor has been too long. I usually edit my photos before posting, but sometimes its nice to do a little tweak without leaving the program. As I recall not very many people were pleased when flickr first switched to aviary from another pic editor.

• Blanc commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello mister and madam, have you been rejected by many banks? You are in the collection of the bank or the debt? Do you need financing for debt consolidation? Do you need loan to help your business back on track or other needs? Your solution is in us. We are a lending company, and we offer loans to interested customers at low interest rates. We grant individual loans variant; From 1,000 to 3,500,000 with a nominal interest rate of 2% regardless of the amount. If you are interested, contact us by e-mail: Blanc.claude77@gmail.com
    Blanc.claude77@gmail.com

how long r we 2 weight???
    w/want aViary back!!!
    r just tell us NO!!!
    iT's n/coming back!!!
    SO we can move on!!!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base