Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

"Flickr Reactions"

PLEASE!!!
Make them go AWAY!
Any Flickr reactions posted in my comment section will be immediately deleted!
Yow! What were you thinking!

29th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Dah ProfessorDah Professor shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

19 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Ken EarlyKen Early commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have always appreciated Flickr's corporate sense of humor. It may be a little dry at times but still worth the effort.

• Wendy CutlerWendy Cutler commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hmm - has this gone away? I forgot all about it, am happy that I haven't seen one of those for ages.

• Dah ProfessorDah Professor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm with you 100% in paragraph one, but the thing that made me rethink my original visceral reaction to "Reactions" was that I want Flickr to survive! And if they feel they need to do these kinda things to survive, then I'm OK with it. 'Cause, lets face it, FaceBook and pro image sales sites are either too commercial, or too personal, and Flickr is the only site I've found with a structure that allows high quality full screen viewing (including magnification), and the ability to discuss art and learn from each other (kinda like the Cubists, surrealists and impressionists did in 19th century Paris). Yeah, we still have to deal with the millennials (and their pictures of what they had for breakfast), but I'm not yet ready to crawl into a "safe space", so I think we're gonna have to learn to deal with it.
    But, as you've said in your "Get your audience" piece, giving us the ability to turn off Flickr Recations in our user profile would make dealing with the narcissistic i-Phone selfie crowd a wee bit easier!

• Dah ProfessorDah Professor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Good to see I'm not alone!
    I agree with what y'all said below, but I'll be staying with Flickr because of all the great photographers I've met here (Gee's Louise! Maybe it is a social site?!), and I doubt that they will be sending me any of this reaction BS (unless they're yankin' my chain). In the mean time I I'll be workin' out my delete key extra hard, and add deleting "recations" to my list of obnoxious things in my comment section (group adds, invites, "Please! look at my pics" links, etc.). A small price to pay for an otherwise exceptional service that allows serious photographers/artists to see and discuss each others work.

P.S. The option to ban graphics (while still allowing reference links) from comment sections would be an excellent feature, but until then Delete, Delete, Delete, Delete, Delete, Delete, Delete, Delete, Delete, ...

• Philip GibsonPhilip Gibson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For goodness sake get rid of this childish facility. It's another step in reducing Flickr to the lowest common denominator. There are other photo-hosting sites without such infantile gimmicks.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Totally agree .. What the .. **** ?

What is supposed to do ?
    People comment on your photo, or mark it as a Favorite - Already ..
    And Why is it asking to be connected to your ' Webcam ' ? - what's all that about ??

For some of us, flickr is a place where we can share photos and contribute to knowledge in particular subject areas. We are serious about at least some of our photos, and want to present them in a way that they will be taken seriously. That is why I posted this request:
    https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211185-us-flickr/suggestions/6199616-ad-free-should-be-ad-free-for-visitors

Your instituting Flickr Reactions is like saying "Get real - this is a trendy place for kids - we're not interested in your use of flickr as a repository of knowledge". That's why I voted for and support this posting: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211185-us-flickr/suggestions/18791056--flickr-reactions.

There is so little offered to Pro users. At least, we could have the option to present a PROfessional appearance to our users, but not showing them ads, and by allowing us to remove that Flickr Reactions button.

Peter said it best. It's such an affront to people who take their photography seriously. Where were you when we complained about allowing people to post their groups' icons in comments? If you think you have users who think this is cute, then give an option to not have it displayed.

• Peter JuergesPeter Juerges commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

remove the stupid facial icons...this is not facebook or snap chat...or is it? I pay for a pro site not a joke site!

if they (you Flickr) keep this up they are going to loose me and many others. JUST STICK TO PHOTGRAPHY for pete sake.@#$%%^&*(

• PeterPeter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What a ridiculous idea. Looks stupid and childish. Flickr needs to get away from these silly gimmicks.

I agree... looks stupid..has a Facebook feel...how do I turn it off?, Lazy...does not belong.

• Ian DocwraIan Docwra commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Looks horrible - just a lazy way to avoid commenting! If I have a reaction to a photo I will either add it as a favourite, comment, or both.

• Jo ZeeJo Zee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know what to say about this new feature. I feel like I'm on Facebook. Not sure I will ever use this.

Feedback and Knowledge Base