Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Where has the 'edit' option gone in the user's photostream options?

The 'edit' button seems to have disappeared from the photostream user options, so we just see the 'densely-spaced' photo view without the option to go to edit mode and see photo stats, for example.

Another 'improvement'?!

30th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Ian DocwraIan Docwra shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

The edit photo feature on the Flickr photo page is currently disabled pending an upgrade. The older version of Aviary that was being used stopped working last weekend, and Adobe is working with us to upgrade to the latest and greatest version of Aviary.

This means that after a brief delay (while we get the update in place), you’ll have access to a more stable, more feature rich photo editor to complement your Flickr experience!

Sorry for the inconvenience of this unexpected upgrade, but we’re confident it will be worth the wait. Please review this help article for more information: http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=content&id=SLN28158.

10 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Blueray DevinBlueray Devin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is not an upgrade it is a downgrade, half of the things in edit are now missing because of this "Upgrade"

• Michael MarkeyMichael Markey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes my Flickr is all over the place .Uploaded pictures not appearing in the edit and only sometimes in the photostream. When I try and assign pictures to groups I`m informed that I do not own the picture .

Flickr is the best site but the transitional arrangements between versions is always poor.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to like this site, but without the edit function it's just cloud storage - and that's not valuable anymore.

• SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Restore the edit menu option as the op is asking.......this is nothing to do with aviary read the original comment again

• cjc1867cjc1867 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Edit button is this the view that allows everyone to see their photos, change title, descriptions, see stats like views, comments etc or are we talking about Aviary?

I think Flickr, you have got it wrong with what the OP is saying, again ignoring what we all want.

Try and listen Flickr and stop reading between the lines.

• PaulPaul commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why do you continually tinker with Flickr functionality and presentation? Not everything needs 'fixing'. Sometimes stable and problem free is a good thing.
    I have found the allegedly 'old' edit page but having to append ?details=1 and then bookmark it is just frustrating. I found the functionality of the edit view straightforward and efficient. As an IT professional of >35 years I have always found that changing stable and efficient functionality for no apparently good reason invariably causes problems and frustration.
    By all means add new features but please do not hide others that many find useful.

Restore the edit button ..there are no valid reason not to have that handy feature..

• billbill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Put Edit on home page as it was. Change is not better for me. I am the customer. Some staff member said it was not needed. I and many other disagree. Stop making changes. Another unhappy PAYING CUSTOMER. I guess we are not right?????

Bring back edit. Camera Roll may work fine for cell phones. I don't see how but as I can't afford a cell phone I wouldn't know.

Feedback and Knowledge Base