Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

New Windows Phone app

I'm suggesting a new app for Windows Phone users. The current app is very old, outdated and not useful. It would also be nice to have a Windows 8 app.

13th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anthony TAnthony T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Leonardo LiraLeonardo Lira shared a merged idea: Windows Phone or Windows 10 app please!  ·   · 
    Ankur SonoAnkur Sono shared a merged idea: make app for windows phone too.  ·   · 
    Douglas Nunes de MattosDouglas Nunes de Mattos shared a merged idea: Hey, please read this...  ·   · 
    LeonardoLeonardo shared a merged idea: New app for Windows Phone PLEASE!  ·   · 
    Wing Hang WongWing Hang Wong shared a merged idea: when have new API of Flick app in windows phone?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Windows Phone 8 app and Windows 8 app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: windows 8 support...  ·   · 
    Tony ButlerTony Butler shared a merged idea: Please update the Windows Phone app.  ·   · 
    VenolVenol shared a merged idea: Windows Phone app  ·   · 
    QuangQuang shared a merged idea: Hi, I really like your service Flickr. Everything is good, but I am looking forward an official application for my Windows Phone. Thank you  ·   · 
    Wing Hang WongWing Hang Wong shared a merged idea: hope Flickr will be in windowsphone  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make official windows 8 app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Update your Windows Phone App  ·   · 
    Adam FieldAdam Field shared a merged idea: Provide an app for Windows 8.1  ·   · 
    João VictorJoão Victor shared a merged idea: Need a new official Windows Phone 8 (WP8) App. The current app (for WP7) is very old, outdated and not useful.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: App for Windows Phone 7 and 8 need update and portuguese version!  ·   · 
    RalfRalf shared a merged idea: Improve my Flickr experience?!?  ·   · 
    fakhruddin shabbirfakhruddin shabbir shared a merged idea: please provide a better and new app for windows phone 8  ·   · 
    bobbob shared a merged idea: Windows Phone App needs fixes...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When you are developing better Flickr app on wp8??  ·   · 
    Rshad DahlanRshad Dahlan shared a merged idea: make a Flickr app dedicated for WindowsPhone 8, with full features  ·   · 

65 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I and my friends are already thinking of deleting the account from Yahoo and Flickr together because of that neglect all, Yahoo was never a big deal now with the neglect with the third most used mobile system in the world, just missing a chance to grow more. There are tools like xamarim that allow the conversion of Android apps for Windows Phone with minimal changes, so why the neglect? Why waste more than 50,000,000 users?

Hi everybody
        I fully agree with all of. We need a new app for Windows Phone 8.1 or 8.0. I received the new Lumia 930 and I just swore that no app where found for my new phone. I had before the Lumia 830 with Windows Phone 8.0 and upgraded to 8.1 it was still the old app but work OK.
        So first I install via http://www.windowsphone.com/fr-fr/store/app/flickr/2e49fb07-592b-e011-854c-00237de2db9e this version and try to log on ... Never work.
        And than I read a lot post here and I found a post with this link http://www.flickr.com/search/forum/?lang=en-us&q=windows+phone and after a quick check on my mobile (app already installed) I check if I could log on and .... MIRACLE through a Yahoo Windows login I could access to my Flickr account.
        I don't know if he helps somebody but try ... it's up to you.
        But again it would be better to have an app to 8.1 without going through all these hypothetical stages.
        Cheers

• DaveLPGDaveLPG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reconsider development of a Windows Phone app. With several new phones and a new version of the OS, things are looking up.

• Prem SubrahmanyamPrem Subrahmanyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly short-sighted on your company's part. There are official apps for Windows Phone from Facebook, Amazon, Ebay, Instagram, etc. It is the third emergent mobile platform and gaining momentum.

• Joachim RangJoachim Rang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So a year later what's the Status on the Windows Phone app? You clearly can't ignore that platform forever, or so you?

With the advent of the common WP and Windows 8 app the "new" Flickr app would kill 2 birds with one stone, so how 'bout it. Give us a new app.

Please develop a new Windows Phone app. With Microsoft now the owner of Nokia's phone hardware, there seems to be an uptick in WP.

• pongo2007pongo2007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There are more Windows Phone users on Flickr now than before.
        Why are you ignoring these users?

The same argument applies to the iPad users. No dedicated app for them either.

While the focus on android and ios is understandable, you are allowing junky 3rd party apps to define the Yahoo experience on Windows phone. That is a huge mistake that turns off new Yahoo customers and alienates those of us who have used Yahoo for years. Just my opinion that neglecting Windows Phone is not in Yahoo's best interests.

• fredfred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You'd think Yahoo of all companies would recognize Windows Phone is equal if not superior to both Android and iOS. No wonder their company is going down the drain.

• Anon PersonAnon Person commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You guys are foolish to ignore Windows Phone. I'm going to move my photo management from Flickr.

The Nokia phones with Windows have by far the best cameras.

@Peter Tombee - I guess you don't realize that you really are paying for Yahoo services. How much money do you think they make off of you per year?

• Peter TombeePeter Tombee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As Red Reddington might say, all this seems quite hilarious.
        I wonder if all the posters here could come back with responses detailing how much they've PAID to Flickr for the benefit gained from Yahoo's service.
        What have each of you paid, people?
        For those of you who haven't paid anything (like me), why do you imagine you could have any say in what services Yahoo makes available? What hand do you have? What power?
        Hilarious, that guests can dictate the order of the house.

• Common SenseCommon Sense commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best cameras are Nokia (Windows Phone). Flickr is photo-sharing.

How is it not obvious that there needs to be a great Flickr app to take advantage of it?

• Ashwani2310Ashwani2310 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that users of Android and iOS have been given the Flickr 3.0 App, is it not time to have another look at the long neglected requirements of users of Windows Phone 8?

• Airon de SouzaAiron de Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Flickr Product Support.

Thank you for this feedback. At this point, I am focusing my mobile photography efforts on Instagram, Facebook and 500px. I, my friends and my family will be moving all of our photos to another service that supports Windows Phone. Not sure how a mobile OS that has hundreds of millions of users is being shafted. Just because it only has 4% market share doesn't mean that the amount of users is less than worth the effort. 4% market share is still over 100 million users!

Thanks,

ex-Flickr User

Please reconsider your development efforts. Windows Phone has the best camera phones and a great mobile photography community. As Windows Phone usage grows you're only limiting your potential user base and alienating current users who move to Windows Phone for its superior camera phone optics.

If you no longer want to have WindowsPhone user on Flickr please remove your app from the market. Then we'll have a real opinion on what Yahoo is thinking of WP users... I thought that one goal of Yahoo was to increase his market by having more users...

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base