Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

New Windows Phone app

I'm suggesting a new app for Windows Phone users. The current app is very old, outdated and not useful. It would also be nice to have a Windows 8 app.

15th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anthony TAnthony T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Wing Hang WongWing Hang Wong shared a merged idea: hope Flickr will be in windowsphone  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make official windows 8 app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Update your Windows Phone App  ·   · 
    Adam FieldAdam Field shared a merged idea: Provide an app for Windows 8.1  ·   · 
    João VictorJoão Victor shared a merged idea: Need a new official Windows Phone 8 (WP8) App. The current app (for WP7) is very old, outdated and not useful.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: App for Windows Phone 7 and 8 need update and portuguese version!  ·   · 
    RalfRalf shared a merged idea: Improve my Flickr experience?!?  ·   · 
    fakhruddin shabbirfakhruddin shabbir shared a merged idea: please provide a better and new app for windows phone 8  ·   · 
    bobbob shared a merged idea: Windows Phone App needs fixes...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When you are developing better Flickr app on wp8??  ·   · 
    Rshad DahlanRshad Dahlan shared a merged idea: make a Flickr app dedicated for WindowsPhone 8, with full features  ·   · 

54 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Common SenseCommon Sense commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The best cameras are Nokia (Windows Phone). Flickr is photo-sharing.

How is it not obvious that there needs to be a great Flickr app to take advantage of it?

• Ashwani2310Ashwani2310 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Now that users of Android and iOS have been given the Flickr 3.0 App, is it not time to have another look at the long neglected requirements of users of Windows Phone 8?

• Airon de SouzaAiron de Souza commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Flickr Product Support.

Thank you for this feedback. At this point, I am focusing my mobile photography efforts on Instagram, Facebook and 500px. I, my friends and my family will be moving all of our photos to another service that supports Windows Phone. Not sure how a mobile OS that has hundreds of millions of users is being shafted. Just because it only has 4% market share doesn't mean that the amount of users is less than worth the effort. 4% market share is still over 100 million users!

Thanks,

ex-Flickr User

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please reconsider your development efforts. Windows Phone has the best camera phones and a great mobile photography community. As Windows Phone usage grows you're only limiting your potential user base and alienating current users who move to Windows Phone for its superior camera phone optics.

If you no longer want to have WindowsPhone user on Flickr please remove your app from the market. Then we'll have a real opinion on what Yahoo is thinking of WP users... I thought that one goal of Yahoo was to increase his market by having more users...

• Rami BerraiesRami Berraies commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks, no customer support will mean the customers will not support Flickr as well, i will take my mobile photography to 500px wich supports all 3 major mobile OS including millions of WP users. Goodbye and funny to see Yahoo is shoveling it's own grave.

• Lorenzo ArredondoLorenzo Arredondo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've supported Flickr enough. I'm bailing on my account, in use since 1997. If you don't support my phone then I don't support you. Reconsider or go the way of Geocities.

• Florian AydtFlorian Aydt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the Info, today is officially the last day I am EVER posting a pic to your website. The best camera-phones deserve a proper client, Yahoo apparently is once again unable to provide.
        Thanks for nothing.

• Tyrelle WattsTyrelle Watts commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i know you guys don't care but looks like i won't be supporting your ******** photo app, since you won't support windows phone.

• Evil MerlinEvil Merlin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

That's because the Flickr Community Team, with people like Matthew Roth are ******* Nazis.

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tiangong You,
        thanks to developers like yourself and Rudy for sticking it to the companies who should be doing this in the first place.

• TahaTaha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks Matthew,
        All the more reason for me and my friends to switch to 500px.

• Mitchell LeitmanMitchell Leitman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bad idea coming from a relative has-been like Yahoo!. I'd think you'd support every platform to promote adoption (let alone prevent abandonment) of your services.

I am a 1020 owner, and have uploaded some photos to flickr, but without a working app I no longer use flickr and upload my photography elsewhere. This needs to be re-thought expecially considering how photo orientated most Windows Phone users are.

• Geazi SoaresGeazi Soares commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Parabéns Yahoo, então é assim que estão reestruturando a empresa, esquecendo de S.O. emergentes. Espero que agindo dessa maneira continuem a se darem mal no negócios em 2014, porque eu vou usar meu 500px aqui, lembranças.

• Cicero EduardoCicero Eduardo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sacanagem! Eu espera uma atualização do Flickr para o Windows Phone. Sendo assim, ficarei com o 500px

• WillWill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously "Product Support"?
        need to seriously think about taking my money and moving to 500px or another service then.

yahoo has been buying out so many dev studios and you can't afford to buy one that already has windows phone expertise? for shame.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base