Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

New Windows Phone app

I'm suggesting a new app for Windows Phone users. The current app is very old, outdated and not useful. It would also be nice to have a Windows 8 app.

7th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anthony TAnthony T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Chris. HuChris. Hu shared a merged idea: Why don't the flickr set up the offical APP for Windows Phone 8.1?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Windows / Windows Phone Flickr app  ·   · 
    darwindarwin shared a merged idea: Bring official flickr app on Windows Phone.  ·   · 
    Rob.Rob. shared a merged idea: A windows phone app would be awesome...  ·   · 
    Leonardo LiraLeonardo Lira shared a merged idea: Windows Phone or Windows 10 app please!  ·   · 
    Ankur SonoAnkur Sono shared a merged idea: make app for windows phone too.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Application for Windows Phone  ·   · 
    Tomasz KolowcaTomasz Kolowca shared a merged idea: Please update Flickr app for Windows Phone - it's very obsolette.  ·   · 
    Douglas Nunes de MattosDouglas Nunes de Mattos shared a merged idea: Hey, please read this...  ·   · 
    LeonardoLeonardo shared a merged idea: New app for Windows Phone PLEASE!  ·   · 
    Wing Hang WongWing Hang Wong shared a merged idea: when have new API of Flick app in windows phone?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Windows Phone 8 app and Windows 8 app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: windows 8 support...  ·   · 
    Tony ButlerTony Butler shared a merged idea: Please update the Windows Phone app.  ·   · 
    VenolVenol shared a merged idea: Windows Phone app  ·   · 
    QuangQuang shared a merged idea: Hi, I really like your service Flickr. Everything is good, but I am looking forward an official application for my Windows Phone. Thank you  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Please bring flickr 3.0 to windows phone  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When will you update Flickr app on WindowsPhone ? The current one is poor and outdated  ·   · 
    Wing Hang WongWing Hang Wong shared a merged idea: hope Flickr will be in windowsphone  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: make official windows 8 app  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Update your Windows Phone App  ·   · 
    Adam FieldAdam Field shared a merged idea: Provide an app for Windows 8.1  ·   · 
    João VictorJoão Victor shared a merged idea: Need a new official Windows Phone 8 (WP8) App. The current app (for WP7) is very old, outdated and not useful.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: App for Windows Phone 7 and 8 need update and portuguese version!  ·   · 
    RalfRalf shared a merged idea: Improve my Flickr experience?!?  ·   · 
    fakhruddin shabbirfakhruddin shabbir shared a merged idea: please provide a better and new app for windows phone 8  ·   · 
    bobbob shared a merged idea: Windows Phone App needs fixes...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: When you are developing better Flickr app on wp8??  ·   · 
    Rshad DahlanRshad Dahlan shared a merged idea: make a Flickr app dedicated for WindowsPhone 8, with full features  ·   · 

89 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex LindgrenAlex Lindgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Flickr for years and just switched phones and plan to be a Windows Phone user from now on. Would love to keep Flickr as my goto place for storing photos...

• Chris. HuChris. Hu commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm a flickr user over 3 years. I also a windows phone user.

Why don't flickr set up the App for windows phone?

Flickr is a good photos website, but I can't get the same good

experience on my mobile phone. I'm so sad.

• Cosimo MatteiniCosimo Matteini commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, it is disappointing that thee is no app for Windows Phone and it will be even more so with Windows 10. And also consider a Windows tablet app

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Bing is "not supported"
        And Flickr Mobile does not work on my Windows Phone (latest)
        How do they manage to make such hard work of everything they do?
        Other major players manage to do it without me seeing any problems.
        Flickr; employ some proper programmers and some effective managers and start listening to your customers.

• ChristianChristian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you combine all the Windows Phone ideas, I think it would be the 1st ranked, not the 13th.

I and my friends are already thinking of deleting the account from Yahoo and Flickr together because of that neglect all, Yahoo was never a big deal now with the neglect with the third most used mobile system in the world, just missing a chance to grow more. There are tools like xamarim that allow the conversion of Android apps for Windows Phone with minimal changes, so why the neglect? Why waste more than 50,000,000 users?

• DanielGirottoDanielGirotto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is very easy to make an application for Windows Phone and Windows PC 8.1, could make a universal app, but the neglect with Windows is great, at least when Windows 10 come hope appears stand any chance of neglect of you over.

• DaveLPGDaveLPG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please give some attention to the Windows Phone platform. Not just Flickr, but many other Yahoo offerings.

I wish Yahoo, not just Flickr, would pay more attention to the Windows environment, including Windows Phone.

• ZbyszekZbyszek commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand Flickr developers at all. Many sites likes or do not Windows but support your apps on Windows Phone.

Maybe one day we will hear that Flickr do not like Pentax, Sony, Olympus etc. owners/users because they are not enough strong part of Flickr members and they will not be able to upload their photos to Flickr. Who knows...!
        You and you - we support you but you and you...go away !

Is too hard to make Windows Phone app for Flickr developers ? Ok, 500px and others do quite good apps for WP. They can

• nicknick commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yahoo doesn't give a **** about windows

look at tumblr
        look at mail
        look at news

look at yourself

me and you, the abandoned users of windows ecosystem.

• Daniele MuscettaDaniele Muscetta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Especially the ability to scroll more than the last 20 activities from my contacts is vital... and the live tile showing things from explore is useless if I then can't quickly jump to something that attracted my attention and I have to go and search again amongst hundreds of photos in explore to find back the one I saw randomly popping on the tile...

Hi everybody
        I fully agree with all of. We need a new app for Windows Phone 8.1 or 8.0. I received the new Lumia 930 and I just swore that no app where found for my new phone. I had before the Lumia 830 with Windows Phone 8.0 and upgraded to 8.1 it was still the old app but work OK.
        So first I install via http://www.windowsphone.com/fr-fr/store/app/flickr/2e49fb07-592b-e011-854c-00237de2db9e this version and try to log on ... Never work.
        And than I read a lot post here and I found a post with this link http://www.flickr.com/search/forum/?lang=en-us&q=windows+phone and after a quick check on my mobile (app already installed) I check if I could log on and .... MIRACLE through a Yahoo Windows login I could access to my Flickr account.
        I don't know if he helps somebody but try ... it's up to you.
        But again it would be better to have an app to 8.1 without going through all these hypothetical stages.
        Cheers

Please reconsider development of a Windows Phone app. With several new phones and a new version of the OS, things are looking up.

• Willie ScottWillie Scott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I use 2 free 3rd party apps from the windows phone app store. Both work ok. I tend to doubt that the Flickr developers would do much better.
        Unfortunately this seems to be the current state of software development - change for the sake of change, seldom with tangible improvements and frequently the "enhancements and features" of the new versions are what amount to unintuitive downgrades for the majority.

• Prem SubrahmanyamPrem Subrahmanyam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is incredibly short-sighted on your company's part. There are official apps for Windows Phone from Facebook, Amazon, Ebay, Instagram, etc. It is the third emergent mobile platform and gaining momentum.

• Joachim RangJoachim Rang commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So a year later what's the Status on the Windows Phone app? You clearly can't ignore that platform forever, or so you?

Windows Phones have some of the best phone cameras. Seems a shame that Flickr doesn't take advantage of this.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base