Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Let the location name link to the editing again and not to the organizr.

The location name on the photopage used to link to a pop-up window where, among others, the location name can be changed. This was very useful as most of the time the location name Flickr chooses is wrong. Now the location name links to the organizr, where you can change many things, but not the one which has to be changed most often: the location name. Please revert this change and link back to the pop-up again.

43rd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ernst KersErnst Kers shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with 100%. I'm also annoyed as all the locations names I input have been changed and I guess deleted. Too much work to go back through all my photos again, even if users are allowed in the future to change the location names. Information now given on locations is not as accurate as before which can't be good; sometimes people are better at doing things than programs, especially when we have local knowledge.

• KateKate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's important that we be able to revise the often incorrect Location Name, the old drop-down box didn't always have the right choice either but it often did and that was convenient. The way it is now we can't change the location at all, not on the photo page, not in the Organizr, leaving inaccuracies strewn in our wake. The photo page should have the map pop-up and it is there we should be able to Edit Location and change the location name. Please fix this!

• EmmaMariesFlickrEmmaMariesFlickr commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I use the pop-up all the time. Very annoying that it's now either gone or hidden. I'd much rather it's returned to where it was before. Personally I did all my location editing in batches anyway when I upload, so the link taking you to the map now is useless to me.

• Wil FryWil Fry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flickr was so proud of the little map in the right column on the pre-2013May photopage, and I liked it too. So they got rid of that. And I've always liked the map popup on the photopage, so they're getting rid of that too?

My guess is, if I made a list of all the things I liked about Flickr, someone at Yahoo! would immediately add my list items to their list of #1 high priority for getting-rid-of-stuff on Flickr.

• nancynancy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the pop-up was much more useful, I'd love to have it return. Please.

Feedback and Knowledge Base