Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Reinstate Tag Cloud

Old Flickr had a Tag Cloud that showed the most frequently used tags in my Photostream. Each tag was shown in a size proportional to its frequency. This feature is missing in the new Flickr. Please bring it back. it is a great way to review and browse the Photostream.

22nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Girish KulkarniGirish Kulkarni shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sirkka StephensSirkka Stephens commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me, auto fill is even more useful as you usually only need to type a letter or two for the tag to appear.

• Ted JohnsonTed Johnson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Where are all my old tags--so I can click on them when I want to add them to new photos? I am bereft! Am I supposed to type in each tag, each time, on each new photo? This can't be right. What am I missing here? Where is tht critical list of my most used tags.. more...all, etc. I can't believe you have taken that away! Please tell me what to do!

• Lee CollingsLee Collings commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Not having this function adds a whole lot more work as i normally have quite a few images that need the same tags and could have at least 20 or 30 tags. Having the most frequent tags makes sure that i don't miss any. Please bring this function back.

• Q. Q. KachooQ. Q. Kachoo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do agree that I liked having a way to review the tags I (or another user) used most often, but I don't necessarily think that it has to be in the "cloud" format that it was before.

• GeneGene commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Both the tag cloud and the list were useful.
        The cloud allowed you to quickly review what another photographer liked to do, what type of photos they took and their favorite subjects
        The list allows you to review all your tags checking for consistency and allowing you to find tags you're only used a few times (which wouldn't appear in the cloud).

• Adi GuptaAdi Gupta commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This was one the best feature of flickr and one the main reasons I was paid member of flickr since 2008. If this is not reinstated, it would diminish my flickr experience considerably and I would have to go search for alternatives.

Feedback and Knowledge Base