Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You can ensure that your 'views' and stats pages correlate.

Try to get 'views' and the stats to be the same. For instance, my picture 'Wan Sun Shirley' according to you when I view the picture has had 27 views. Going to stats it seems that it had 19 views today, 39 yesterday and only 27 all time...a lesser number. What gives guys?

27th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    DennisDennis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Bill CrowleBill Crowle shared a merged idea: Increase in viewer counts. I often monitor my views and today I know a family member was tralling through many famil images. counts f  ·   · 
    SteveSteve shared a merged idea: Flickr View Count Spike?  ·   · 
    anonanonanonanon shared a merged idea: Please explain the large numbers of artificially generated "hits" that now show up in my stats.  ·   · 
    Jeffery SlutzJeffery Slutz shared a merged idea: Statistics are messed up.  ·   · 
    CRichardCRichard shared a merged idea: Restore logically correct view counts.  ·   · 
    gregory mccormickgregory mccormick shared a merged idea: The stats for my photo Christmas in the City state 10 photos today, 35 yesterday. But when I go to the photo the number is 15. ???  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: get photo views to agree.  ·   · 
    JagJag shared a merged idea: Views Counter is not working anymore since 12/11/13 - please bring it back...  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: 257 so far today / 167 yesterday / 144 all time. How is this possibe? My page hasn't recorded new views I know I'm geyyinh since yesterday  ·   · 
    Jeffery SlutzJeffery Slutz shared a merged idea: Please fix statistics. Rather than coming up with new features and looks, please fix current problems.  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: My view numbers aren't changing anymore is there a reason why?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Make stat numbers consistent  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Pourquoi une computation "vues tout le temps" arrêtée ?  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: You can start by being accurate when giving information about the number of views, etc. Currently wrong re: my latest photo.  ·   · 
    Doug GrinbergsDoug Grinbergs shared a merged idea: fix intermittent bug: 0 views 0 comments 0 favorites  ·   · 
    David N Kidd (AKA Captain Tweaky)David N Kidd (AKA Captain Tweaky) shared a merged idea: The Stats information is very eratic. One day it says 342 visits. Two days later for the same day it says 0 visits. Very unreliable.  ·   · 

17 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hace dos días que las estadísticas y la actividad reciente que hay en la pestaña superior no funcionan en mi galería. Me sorprende que funcione en la pestaña derecha conde aparecen los tres puntos negros. Así y todo las vistas, favoritas y mensajes de cada foto en la galería (están bloqueadas) no corresponden con las vistas, favoritas y comentarios al abrir la foto en la pantalla (aquí ya están actualizadas). Está fallando flickr y hasta ahora no me había sucedido nada parecido

• Joshua PutnamJoshua Putnam commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@anonanon - I believe the referrers from your own photostream are because of the way they fundamentally broke the "views" statistic last year. It's no longer actual views of the photo, any time it appears on the screen now triggers a view. If someone clicks on your photostream, every photo that autoloads onto their screen gets a "view" -- really now just a drive-by glance, not a view, not individual interaction with that photo.

• anonanonanonanon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What about the even numbers of hits--200 is typical--that appear every few days or so, and which say the referrer was my own photostream? And the numerous generic search phrases that suddenly started showing up last Fall? I contacted customer service a few months ago, but they didn't know the answers. To me, these look like artificially generated hits (=page visits, which could impress potential advertisers).

This has been happening since system update in July ... better now but still not right.

• BrianBrian commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I believe that the excessive number of views/hits may be caused by your image placed in groups - I suspect that every image on a group page is given a view/hit, whenever a group page is visited, irrespective of whether the image is viewed, or not! My average viewing have gone up from typically 200, to 1500, per day; whereas, my comments have gone down from 40 to about 20 a day - I assume my contacts are leaving in droves!

I am now posting to 500 px; the viewings and comments appear more realistic

http://500px.com/Brian_from_Bury_St_Edmunds_UK

• irfanirfan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

← US Flickr
        You can ensure that your 'views' and stats pages correlate.

Try to get 'views' and the stats to be the same. For instance, my picture 'Wan Sun Shirley' according to you when I view the picture has had 27 views. Going to stats it seems that it had 19 views today, 39 yesterday and only 27 all time...a lesser number. What gives guys?

I am seeing the same problem with my stats and photos. I have commented on this problem twice in the past and told that the engineers would be informed. But the problem persists.

• JoshJosh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps the lower number still reflects actual view counts, not the inflated browse-by count on the stats page? Most views on the stats page aren't real views, they just mean the image was one of te endless search results queued up that users browse right past. A view no longer means that someone actually saw the image, let alone viewed it individually with tite, description, and comments.

Feedback and Knowledge Base