Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

The Web Embed feature has broken the HTML sharing code. Now - you can only get Web Embed - iFrame code. Not what is wanted. Sigh...

The Web Embed feature has broken the HTML sharing code. Now - you can only get Web Embed - iFrame code. Not what is wanted. Now I have to hand build HTML sharing code for my blog.. Sigh...

29th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    AikidudeAikidude shared a merged idea: trying the photo experience beta it was impossible to share pictures on my blog that were already set as public  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: HTML sharing code  ·   · 
    dwightdwight shared a merged idea: You can improve our experience by making the embed code work  ·   · 
    Tiana FengTiana Feng shared a merged idea: New Embed doesn't work on Wordpress.com blogs  ·   · 
    AmyAmy shared a merged idea: The new embed option is not blog friendly - it makes the pages load very slow, and sometimes not at all on mobile devices. Please allow an i  ·   · 
    DD shared a merged idea: Fix the embed code back to img instead of iframe which is not supported on many blogging sites.  ·   · 
    Dan GoorevitchDan Goorevitch shared a merged idea: When will posting to Blogger be fixed in beta?  ·   · 

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • HogardelamadreHogardelamadre commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a way to embed the iframe and have it show only pictures in the set the photo belongs to?? Right now it shows my entire photo stream!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been wondering for months why I couldn't post my photos in group contests. I even went through the process of contacting costumer service, and all I can say is that the people I have dealt with have no clue what they're doing. They keep telling me that they are still trying to fix the problem, which has been ongoing since January,

Stop freezing every page for eons with your erroneous browser upgrade "suggestion". My browser is already up to date. Flckr is too much trouble to use now, takes forever to load.

Please remove the requirement that you allow everyone to share your photos if you want to get the codes yourself.

Yes, please fix this. This is ridiculous. Hire someone who can actually make a website.

• HarshaHarsha commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The new embed option as given under http://blog.flickr.net/en/2013/12/18/flickr-web-embeds/ is simple!

But, I find there is no way control on the set you want to embed. While I thought the embed is only for a single set, I find all my photographs are being shown. This is bad!

There should be an option to embed single sets, or based on tags etc.

When some one like www.flickrslidr.com or www.flickrslideshow.com can do, why not Flickr it self ;)

Dear Sister Marianne
        the doughter Deepali search him father josef cosch i verry happy when his know die Phone number i ask when or has interesset for e visit in switzerland mey name is Charles the Friend to deepali please answer you auf my Email adress beck007@bluewin.ch the flight i pay self for his father is verry welcome in use home thank you verry much Charles and Deepali i wait you feedback

Honestly I really don't the new flickr interface design. I could no longer see the comments with icons. Please return to the old design. My friends and I are leaving flickr if it doesn't change. The old one is better.

• dwightdwight commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jan 3
        This morning the HTML code looked OK. It is now different from the Embed code and pasting it into a comment appears to give you an image that is also a link to the photo page of that image.

I still don't know what good the Embed code is, but if you select the HTML button it works for inserting images into flickr comments.

Jan 3
        This morning the HTML code looked OK. It is now different from the Embed code and pasting it into a comment appears to give you an image that is also a link to the photo page of that image.

I still don't know what good the Embed code is, but if you select the HTML button it works for inserting images into flickr comments.

On Dec 24 I complained to Yahoo customer care and got the following reply:

"We appreciate you letting us know about Embed code. Our goal is to create an outstanding Flickr experience for you, and we don't want anything to get in the way of that.

I was able to replicate the issue you described and have passed the information on to our Engineering team for triaging. They will be taking over at this point and work on a resolution of the issue. While we cannot tell you when the problem will be fixed, we greatly appreciate your help and patience in this matter. Thanks!"

So presumably, engineering knows about the problem. Hopefully they will choose to fix it soon. As of this time, I have had no further messages from Yahoo, They're probably on vacation.

I have been able to include images in comments but only by writing the HTML code myself. Basically you have to get the URL of the image you want, not the page that has the image. (I'm using Windows). Go to the image you want in the size you want. Right click the image and select "Copy link location". That will put the URL into the clipboard. I can't be sure that this forum will reproduce what you have to type correctly and there's no way to edit or delete it, so I'll try to work around it.

Let ( represent an angle bracket, or "less than" symbol and let ) represent the other angle bracket or "greater than" symbol.

Then what you want to type is (img src="

Then insert the URL by pasting it in from the clipboard using control-V, then type " /)

using the angle brackets instead of parentheses.

That should place the image in the comment, but the image will not be a link to the flickr page as it was before.

• Guido WernerGuido Werner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To clarify: On the old photopage You can choose between three kinds of code - embe, html and BBcode. HTML is the old sharing code. At the moment there is a bug for the 800 size. For this size only the new emebed code is offered even if You choose html code. Flickr should fix that.

On the beta photopage the old html code is not offered at all. This is bad for the following reasons:

1. The embed feature uses iframe code that doesn't work on many forum or blogging sites. It even doesn't work Flickr group discussions.
        2. The new embed feature migth bei nice if You wan't to share Your whole photostream or a whole set. But it is't usefull if You want to intergrate only a single photo into an external site.
        3. The embed feature doesn't allow to post private photos to other sites.

For this reasons the embed code AND the old html code should be offered BOTH at the beta photopage

Although it worked this morning, it is broken again. The Embed and HTML buttons give the same code, which does not work for placing images in comments.

I had problems with that this morning. After some emails I noticed that when you select the share icon and click on "Grab the HTML/BBCode", you get a window with some code. In the past you just copied that code and pasted it somewhere to share it.

There are now three buttons below that code, "Embed", "HTML", and "BBCode". I don't know if they were there before, but I never noticed them. WHen I saw them, it was set to "Embed". I changed it to "HTML" and copied the code and it worked.

Either they added the three buttons, or someone recompiled the flickr operating system with a different default.

• Kevin NoonanKevin Noonan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The plain HTML version perfectly suited my needs. I found it again today buried in the "old experience" but, if it doesn't make it back into the sharing options when this beta becomes the only option, I'm afraid I will have to take my photos elsewhere.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base