Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Make photo credit, title and flickr logo more subtle on embeds

The new embed design is nice, but the photo credit, title and flickr logo are obscuring the photos and taking attention away from the image. Please make them appear only on mouse-over, like the forward/back navigation arrows.

24th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    kbriankbrian shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i would like to embed my slideshow on my site without the black box with my logo/slideshow name/ organisation name  ·   · 
    K. DanielsK. Daniels shared a merged idea: I like the new embed feature, but I really think that it's my work not flickr's, so I'm against the flickr watermark.  ·   · 
    Michael A. LargéMichael A. Largé shared a merged idea: New embedded Flickr logo should be smaller & transparent  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: Don't include flickr watermark on my photos--ever.  ·   · 
    Eric ReichbaumEric Reichbaum shared a merged idea: Flickr Watermark  ·   · 
    Eric ReichbaumEric Reichbaum shared a merged idea: Flickr Watermark  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: i like the new embedding feature, but for heaven's sake, can we get rid of your logo on our photos?  ·   · 
    jakeromejakerome shared a merged idea: Embed metadata arround photo instead of on top of photo  ·   · 
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: If you want to put the Flickr logo on my photos on the embed you should pay me for it  ·   · 
    Completed  ·  Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded  · 

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback about the new Embed feature. We have heard you and improved how the photo title is shown on web embed. Please provide further suggestions on this forum. Your understanding and patience while we fixing the issue are greatly appreciated. We will continue to listen to your suggestions and provide a better Flickr to you.

Have a good day,
    Yahoo Product Support

10 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David BurtonDavid Burton commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, add a small strip at the bottom with this info and do not place it in or over any part of the original image.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the idea of making it easier for someone to make an image available two others in this way. And I certainly would want to have credit for the image embedded with it. However I would suggest having a narrow banner at the bottom and not over the image. Maybe the author in text to the left and Flickr's logo/link to the right.

• jakeromejakerome commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Comments like "+1 for Jake's idea" make so much sense when you "merged" my idea into this one, and consequently deleted the entire content of my post.

Do you have any idea how infuriating that is?

For starters, while it was a similar idea (put the info around the photo), it was not identical. Second, there's content to an idea beyond the simplified description of it. It sucks. You shouldn't delete meaningful feedback like that, it simply discourages sharing ideas in the future. Finally, you've moved the comments over without the context. Which really follows perfectly Flickr's plan to kill meaningful conversation on the site and instead reduce comments to isolated statement devoid of half their meaning.

Baffling is too kind.

• Paul DuningPaul Duning commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was very happy to see that the Flickr mark was removed. It was such a distraction. Also, when you click on the photo to go into the PhotoStream, please open a new window so that the blog or site that the photo is associated with is easy to return to.

• Wil FryWil Fry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"How can I remove from the photo my name and the flickr logo that appears in my embedded fotos"

You can use the HTML option instead of the Embed option.

"While I do think that Flickr deserves credit for hosting the images..."

In the past, Flickr has said it was enough to make the image simply link back to the photopage. Perhaps they're going to tighten that restriction.

+1 for Jake's idea. There's no excuse for Flickr embedding their choice of info on top of my photo with no way to make it not show up.

Additionally, why is there no longer a share option (on the "new experience") for non-public images? We've been allowed to share (via HTML) non-public images the entire time I've been on Flickr -- more than 8 years.

Feedback and Knowledge Base