Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Allow new embed option to work on group discussions

Right now, the new embed photo option simply does not work in group discussion threads. That's a shame, because it's a great way to share photos & would be nice if we could fave them inline.

Additionally, the full suite of embed features are only available for embeds 640 pixels wide. So might as well go ahead and adjust the column width up to the same 640 pixels. Nice to see photos bigger, and be able to fave them right inline. Thanks.

92nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    jakeromejakerome shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Group community has always been a huge part of the attraction to Flickr, Group threads feed that attraction in many groups. Putting your images into those groups has become very common place in large and small groups. Not Link, but the HTML of the image so you can just see the photo in a nice sized view, With the changes, new features of Flickr are not even working inside its own group threads. This is causing major frustration for group members, moderators and admins as well as turning people away.
        I totally support the HTML option that is not currently in the beta view OR allow embedded functionality into the group thread that does not currently exist as soon as possible PLEASE

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This problem has caused untold problems in the groups I belong to which rely on being able to copy HTML code and put images into threads. I've been using this feature since 2009, one day last week the whole thing was broken. I am now going to have to opt out of the new Flickr, which is a shame as I quite like the new photo page, but I cannot interact with my groups any more.

Flickr, why do you suddenly change things on us from one day to the next, breaking things we rely on and not allowing us the option of carrying on as things were? Are you trying to lose members?

• Christopher WalkerChristopher Walker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely, totally agree with the Group Discussion thing. I like the new flickr and don't want to 'opt out' but right now I can't do anything in any of the groups I subscribe to, and this is very annoying.

Feedback and Knowledge Base