Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Single photo option for new embed

First of all, I really appreciate all the changes to Flickr over the past year. And I am excited about how the embed looks. I really don't mind the Flickr logo as many others seem to mind, although it could probably be a bit smaller...

However, when I embed a photo I am NOT wanting other photos from my photostream to be viewed. I don't want people who are visiting my blog or elsewhere to be able to just click through my photostream. They can do that by going to my Flickr photostream on the Flickr website. I want the ability to post one photo, and not let the viewer click through to see multiple photos. Perhaps have another embed option?

Everything else looks great. I like that the photo is counted as a view, it can be liked and that it can be viewed in fullscreen. Keep these types of changes up! The speed change on the actual website is very noticeable and very welcome!

115th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    AndrewAndrew shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: HATE the new embed codes! I want to be able to use my OWN photos individually from my own paid account, without any hover text or slideshow  ·   · 

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need a single photo embed option! I want to present one photo, not an entire photo stream. Please make this an option Flickr.

• Guido WernerGuido Werner commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A single photo option for the new embed code would be fine. At the moment it is already possible to generate embed codes that restrict the access to a certain set. A possible workaround would therfore be to produce a set that only contains one picture. But that is far from beeing user friendly.

Further more the embed feature should be accompanied by the ability to grab the old html code as well. On many external sites the iframe based embed simply doesn't work so that there is an urgent need for the old code.

Feedback and Knowledge Base