Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Fix large uploads

Large video uploads keep timing out. It is not the browser, I and others have tried many browsers. It is not the cache, it has been emptied many times and computer restarted many times. It is not the internet speed, I and others have fast internet speeds and do not have problems with other sites. It is not the new uploader, old uploader or the Flickr API, all different services are timing out.

Uploading large videos is problematic. Please fix it. No point in having 1TB storage if we cannot use it.

Thanks.

72nd ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    YusufYusuf shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Vladimír KotalVladimír Kotal shared a merged idea: parallel upload  ·   · 

6 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • upforfun1961upforfun1961 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am really hacked off that I cant upload my Iphone 4s videos I wouldn1t of took them if I didnt want to share them. Why cant FLICKR sort it out

• CYCY commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, same here. And Yahoo wonders why they're losing market share on all their services, and why they can't be a leader like Google. ****, even Microsoft SkyDrive works better than this. I think it's their way of advertising 1TB of storage without actually having to deliver on that promise; I mean, sure, we'll give you lots of storage, you just can't use it!

• DougDoug commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am unable to upload video even though they are small in size
        I get time outs and retry over & over
        I tried using Old System and the report comes up as 100%
        then I find that all have failed

• darrinm81darrinm81 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note flickr also fails with batches of large photos.

I agree. The most annoying thing is that the upload tool will spend hours uploading, only to fail and mean you need to retry the upload.

• IzzieIzzie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. Immensely irritating. 120MB isn't even that big for a video file but BONK time out every time i try to upload. Sort it out Flickr!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Had the same problem many times, time out over and over! No matter what time and I do not have phone service I have fastest speed on cable.........no problem anywhere else!

Feedback and Knowledge Base