Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Different viewing options for photo sizes

Please provide the ability to view photos in different sizes.

12th ranked
Sign in
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Anonymous shared a merged idea: bring back thumnails. Full page pictures take way too long to load  ·   · 

Sign in
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Saulo VictorSaulo Victor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Besides all the positives already mentioned; this option would be a relief for your servers; as it drastically decrease the resources needed to view pictures of a profile or group for example.

• SpelioSpelio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Why did Flickr introduce this feature, but forget the more useful NOTES???????????

• suzannesuzanne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like the magnification option now available on photos. That's been very useful for me.

• Brenda AndersonBrenda Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Anonymous, next to the title above, you can give up to 3 votes. (not sure if you need to be signed in to vote or not)

• Tommy BassTommy Bass commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The images look pathetic with all that gray space around them. Absolutely terrible. I don't even shoot or post vertical shots anymore because they look like thumbnails. Disgusting. This new, new, new design (what number design is flickr on now) is awful. Yea, a lot of things look better but it's supposed to be about the photos. If I'm scrolling through photos and I want to see a bigger size I have to click on those expanding arrows on the upper right......which slows down my browsing and award giving. GET RID OF THE GRAY FIELD and let the photos size up larger for crying out loud!!!!!!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Por favor yo quiero ver fotos a mas tamaños sobre todo al real. Dejenlo como estaba!!!!!.

• pongo2007pongo2007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The title of this post has been altered since I voted.

The thumbnails should be an option for people who use Flickr using a desktop/laptop screen.
        I will repeat... hand held devices load the justified pages with no problems because they have a tiny screen, even with a lousy conection.

Laptop/desktop screens struggle to load justified pages, my 24" screen loads grey boxes and blank white spaces, I'm tired of fetching more grey boxes.

I've given up using the search feature, the grey boxes are boring. And the only groups I visit these days are the ones I administrate, as at least I have the OPTION to view the photos as thumbnails.

• Isabel PatoIsabel Pato commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like big, huge sizes.. And I just Love the scrolling , so much faster and easy. But I dont have connection problems and everything works just fine in my PC. But I say yes to this idea, it should be our option. Besides, thumbnails are much better when viewing groups and our favorites. Btw.. I dont ever go to favorites page anymore, because of the scrolling and big size of the photos. it's completely useless, after May 20. We should have different sizes for different sections of the site , yes ! please

• Chris HeleniusChris Helenius commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow. A core feature, the ability to see the images larger, is taken away because the old design wasn't pretty enough, and the designers too inept to think of actual usage. Yahoo buying up Flickr has been a mistake after another.

• Terry BrowneTerry Browne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The latest change to Flickr now affects me......

Looking at comments of members photos - e.g. this one : makes an absolute nonsence on a page where there are a lot of comments. Moreover, user icons are lost (appear as links), embedded pics are lost.

Running a group used for research world wide, calls for comments from all over the world - on this page an authoritive comment from a local expert helps the pic owner, as well as the administrator concerned of the group [Clerestory Coaches (Railways)] : .

• Richard MRichard M commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Viewing justified costs me cash I can't afford, as I have a limited up/download ISP contract. I have that as I am an Old Age Pensioner living on a fixed income. Please listen and please help!

• pongo2007pongo2007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand why we need to vote on this AGAIN as it was voted on previously and it is 1st palce on your top ideas list.

• Annika LindqvistAnnika Lindqvist commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo is obviously not giving one iota about what the Flickr users think, but I have found that Stylish have a lot of free add-ons for Flickr (I use Firefox) that can fix some of the issues with the new version. Annoying to have to do it that way, but at least I don't want to poke my eyes out any longer when I use Flickr. I have removed the Yahoo bar, removed the black background, and switched from white-on-black text to black-on-white, can see uncropped pictures in the scroll and so on. I will donate money to Stylish contributors and stop paying for the pro version of Flickr.

• Susannah McMinnarSusannah McMinnar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Flickr,
        You asked me if I wanted the new layout and.. I've opted OUT
        WHY do I get the new layout anyway? First you ask me and then you're IGNORING my wish?

Please let it be our OWN decision what we use and how we use it. Flickr is about the users, not about the designers, remember?

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base