Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Improve photo loading speed

Please make photos load faster.

35th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Terry GlaseTerry Glase shared a merged idea: You are a bunch of ******* morons who don't care about the efficiency of your site. Why don';t you answer my question from several weeks ago  ·   · 

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • pongo2007pongo2007 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Improve the loading speed of all justified pages, i.e. group pools, photostreams, searches, etc.
        Not as many people click through to the photo pages as before the justified version was rolled out.

• Marlis1Marlis1 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

agree with Ken.
        photo loading speed? Big deal.
        We need more speed in the justified pages, or rewrite the process. There have been parallel threads and suggestions en masse about it- has anybody been listening? Please, work on it.

• KenKen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

To me, this does not imply that milli/microsecond improvements in the search/NPE would be of any particular importance. By all means, continue to make improvements to page loading speeds but more importantly, give us the option to choose the photo-size that best suits our systems.

Prior to May 20 of last year I could have 30 to 40 tabs open on Flickr and still have a good experience. Now, all it takes is one justified stream and my system cannot handle two to three additional tabs.

Feedback and Knowledge Base