Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

Customization of the front page

Please add the ability to customize my front page.

16th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • yahoo
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Product SupportAdminProduct Support (Admin, Yahoo) shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • yahoo
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • SteveSteve commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Some basic customisation would be welcome, even if it's just choosing between seeing our stream, groups or friends photos. I'm sure we used to be able to do this?

• G F ReynoldsG F Reynolds commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

After grouping my photos into albums, I want to feature the favorite photo in each album as the photos on the front page. Underneath the photo would be a tab to see more photos in the album. Allow the ability to delete photos on the home page without deleting that same photo in an album!

• Christine FranckChristine Franck commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Flickr, PLEASE allow the option to customize my navigation tab, or put COLLECTIONS back in the navigation tab.

I have over 20,000 architectural images which my architectural colleagues and students use for reference. It is IMPOSSIBLE for them to find anything when they have to look through 500 sets. Instead, I went to the trouble to arrange all 20,000+ images into sets, and those sets into a limited number of focused collections allowing people to explore the image database. This functionality of nested sets is the entire reason I chose to use Flickr to share my image database. https://www.flickr.com/photos/christineghfranck/collections/

Matthew Roth, what I and many, many others are telling you (and have been) is we want the collections tab back. We don't want you to figure out how to better organize and present our content. We know how we want to organize and present it. Please listen.

Yahoo didn't listen for a long time when it made the major changes and ruined the hours of work of many of us. Please listen to your users. Especially ones who pay for these services like me.

Thanks very much,
        Christine Franck

• Jakob TrägårdhJakob Trägårdh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We used to have choices for the content on the flickr home page, how many and what size of our contacts photos, that we wanted to see. That was great. Now I get just the large size and no further choices (or am I missing something?). This means, that I have to look at every single photo in a way, which I would prefer to do, after quickly looking through the thumps. I have some 1200 contacts and something like 80% of their shots are from the last three month. So I don´t want to go through them all one by one.

• sps1955sps1955 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am confused by this question - what is meant by "front page"?
        At the moment, I can go to a personalized home page by going to www.flickr.com when I am signed in - here I see various things, including my contacts' recent photos. Would it be good to be able to choose what is displayed here? Yes. In particular, I would like to see the reinstatement here of a pre-May 2013 feature by which I could see photos newly added to groups to which I belong - unless I am missing something, it is now very hard to see which of one's groups have new photos (as opposed to new discussions) - the display of groups in the top-right of the signed-in home page seems to be randomized.
        My photostream appears on a different page. It is what other users see when they choose to come to me. Would it be good to be able to choose how this displays (as, in some ways, we could before May 2013)? Again, yes, and I particularly support the suggestion that there should be a way of showing one's collections here.
        Do I want to be able to choose whether the signed-in home page or the photostream is my "front page", in the sense of what I see when I go to www.flickr.com when I am signed in? No, not particularly - if I want to use one or the other as my Flickr entry point, I can simply bookmark the appropriate page.

• SpelioSpelio commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The old Flickr gave us the option to display thumbnails of different sizes alone or beside Images of Sets or Collections.

Where did this option go?

And it we can still Organizer to Collections, where do we see them?

Feedback and Knowledge Base