US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Photo size needed at 1280

For inline posting on forums to give others a quality photo-viewing experience, the 1600 size is often too large so users can't see the entire photo. And the 1024 size is too small to really give a good view on most forum layouts and on the most common monitor screen sizes like 1920 x 1080.

We really should have a 1280 size generated with these other sizes.

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Get GPS coordinates from videos

When I take a video with my iPhone, exiftool knows the GPS coordinates that the video was taken at. Flickr can read those coordinates when I upload a photo, but it seems like it ignores them when I upload a video.

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Modify album-viewing interface to include larger-sized photos and captions

This is a suggestion to modify the current (Sept. 2016) interface for viewing albums in Flickr photo-by-photo. I suggest that the tabs on the top of the page that read "Flickr", "You", "Explore", "Create", etc. be removed to increase the amount of room (real estate) available for viewing the image in full-size. By default, it would be ideal to view images closest to their full-size.

Currently (Sept. 2016), viewers need to scroll down to read captions. The image is therefore partially cut-off/unviewable as viewers read the caption; ideally, the image should be fully viewable while the reader reads the caption…

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 110th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. create a way where photo teachers can use it with students existing school accounts w/o personal flickr accounts

I am a photo educator and prefer to use Flickr when teaching photo classes. It is excellent for collaboration with other students, and allows for sharing, backup and fast reviewing of images. The issue is that most if not all school districts do not allow teachers to tell a student to create and use an account outside of their school's account due to privacy and safety concerns. I can't stand using google drive and want a way where we can issue school controlled flickr accounts so if they post something inappropriate, we can remove it. Please help.

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. "Video" category on camera roll

It should be useful a "Video" category in Camera Roll view, so you can find all your video uploaded in one place, no matter when they were shot.

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make adding photos to list of Groups more robust and user friendly

Adding photos using list of Groups is now so tedious and frustrating that I will no longer use the facility.

1 – I am unable to add photos to existing groups in Firefox from my main PC. Instead of the template being in the 2*3 arrangement, the selected photos appear in an “list” form down the page. Although the “Add to Group” icon turns blue. Clicking on it does nothing. This has been like this for over 2 months.

2 – Using IE I can add chosen photos to add to groups. They are in the correct 2*3 arrangement, and…

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Please provide setting for how groups appear so we may go back to the old format.

The new groups tab is a mess with the new "recent photos details view". It takes up way to much real estate on the page and makes it a nuisance to scroll through and quick identify them. A simple, stream lined list view was much better.

Recently the format of the groups was changed to look more like a online magazine, replacing the simple, effective and quick way to find information you are looking for through the list view.

Here is a link to a good book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Think-Revisited-Usability/dp/0321965515/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_0/152-0671821-1421401?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X7QWXRMRQWV4DVN1V3JD

Thanks

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the functionality of adding album within another album and same with collections.

Add the functionality of adding album within another album and same with collections.

69th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add a link for translations!

Add a link to translate

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add like (or heart) near favs button

I'd like to have two buttons next to the other users' photographs: a "like" and a "favs" (the same used by 500px). The "Like" (or heartin 500px) button is useful to communicate that picture like but do not want to put it among their favorites.
    Without "like" the number of the favorites become huge and useless for any personal research.
    Thank you.
    Max.

15th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Dear people. If I have to stop each time to give a comment or award I will end my pro account.

Dear people. If I have to stop each time to give a comment or award I will end my pro account.

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. It would be interesting to have the option to see our stream (as well as others) the same way as the new presentation on the home screen.

It would be interesting to have the option to see our stream (as well as others) the same way as the new presentation on the home screen.
    It looks very nice and I'd love to be able to show my stream to friends the same way.

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Make it easier to find just new photos

Sometimes I just want to look at photos as they come in. When I click on "Explore" it is pretty much always photos that have been up for ages with ten thousand + views and hundreds or thousands of 'favs'. I just want to *easily* look at the raw feed as photographers, good or bad, post their stuff. I think it is nice to see what just average folks post, as well as being beneficial. Then they know people are looking at their stuff and average people will get their photos rated more easily. Then they will get to learn…

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please make albums within groups an option

Please allow groups to have albums.

The only collaborative sharing option on Flickr is via Groups. If I make a group for different family members to contribute photos too it ends up one long photo stream. If I want it organized more specifically I have to make sure everyone knows the exact phrasing of a tag, and then later remember what exactly that tag was. It would be WAY easier to just have an album that everyone can see and can add too. The other way to organize more specifically in a group is via threads, but that is really…

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. We MUST have a way to upload our ORIGINAL FILENAMES with our photos. This was possible, please restore this feature!!

Keep our original filenames with our photos. It's not practical, or really possible to accurately go in and rename our files.

102nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. FLICKR NEEDS A DUPLICATE FINDER

FLICKR NEEDS A WORLD CLASS DUPLICATE FINDER
    So I have just upgraded to the PRO as I have decided that FLICKR will be the reference library for all the family photos. I had already uploaded about 30K images (which took days - but I expected that). from my mac. However I then decided that I would upload any images on my wife's laptop and all the phones. Unfortunately despite the fact that FLICKR says it doesn't upload duplicates a good number have slipped through the net. On my mac it's easy I just fire up PHOTOSWEEPER and I can easily…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove or provide alternative on mosaic feature in collections

When creating collections of work, the only option for a cover image for that collection is a mosaic.

This creates a random assortment of images from albums within the collection. For a professional photography page, this looks horrible when displayed on my website. Not only does the resulting image come out small, it looks very cluttered and unorganized. I would like the option to add my own single photo cover option of my choice just like albums.

Also, for users who like the mosaic option, the ability to choose your own photos from albums would be greatly preferred over relying…

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix bugs in Beta group

1) Search for tag "2016-36" in group "DNCB". The interface claims there are 51 photos, when actually 52 exist.
    2) the Advanced search > Dates is confusing. Many photos taken on Aug 24, but none appear unless the left-hand date is either <blank> or set to Aug 23. Conventional behaviour would expect them to appear when left-hand box is Aug 24 or earlier.
    3) Advanced search button has combo box for selecting Date Taken or Date Uploaded as the sort criteria. Has no effect; sorting is always by Date Uploaded.

252nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Engineering is saying/asking the following:

They did the following:
    1. Go to the group pool page https://www.flickr.com/groups/dncb/pool/
    2. Click on the search icon just above the group pool
    3. No option to search for tags so I search for 2016-36
    4. I get no results so I click on the advance icon to get options.
    5. Set to Search in Tags.
    Result:
    Nothing returned. Is this how you are searching?
    If you know what photo that is not in the search results, can you please check that photo on the photo page and see that it’s in that group and has that tag?

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base