US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Number photos automatically

It would be very helpful to be able to number the photos after they've been organized into a desired sequence in an Album. There should be a field reserved specifically for photo number (along with Title and Description...). Allow user to select which photos to be numbered, the starting number, and the number intereval (1, 5, 10....) to be used. The numbers could be made to pertain only within a specific Album, or throughout the Cameral Roll.

Whenever displaying photos, provide a simple option to display, or not display, each photo's number.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Comment box doesn't close when I click to post comment.. remains on top of photograph... annoying....

New presentation is hard and slow to navigate.
    Clicking 'faves' is unpredicatable and slow
    Comment box does not close when clicked to post comment... remains for another comment... over the photograph.
    Prefer to view photograph in single column, not the two.
    Prefer to have my photographs with faves and comments included in the stream
    I love flickr.... this view has resulted in far fewer communications with flickr friends... I guess they don't like it either.

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Indicator to show that you have previously commented on an image

When you fav an image the fav star is filled. Could it be possible to have something similar for comments so you know when you have previously commented against an image.

37th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Let users be able to access Flickr with any email account besides Yahoo

People who want to use Flickr should not have to need a yahoo account to access Flickr. Users should be able to use any email account they want to have a Flickr account!

155th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Sort photos as I want them

I'm brand new to Flickr, and already irritated with it. My whole point to upload here was to post my pictures as I want them and share them. But the only sort options I see are Date Taken, or Date Uploaded. That's utterly useless. If there's another option, I haven't found it.
    If I can't order photos in a way that makes sense as I choose, I may as well stick to posting them on Facebook.

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hi, Favorite on my photo, I click on their name, I want their gallery not their favorites. Please change this

Hi, this is what happens: Favorite on my photo, I click on their name, I want their gallery but I get their favorites. Please change this or make it an option. In the group Macro Mondays we post 1 photo each week and can get 100 favorites in an evening and would like to see what other people doing. I lose a lot time with the actual system. Here's my suggestion: change it so that when one clicks on their avatar he goes directly to their gallery. Come on guys, I do a little programing and I think you could…

155th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Recycle Bin for Deleted Group Discussions and Comments

Groups can have many moderators and admins.

And though I understand group creators should always carefully choose which privileges are given to "trusted" members when they deem they need help monitoring their group, it's often very difficult to ascertain just how someone will act once they are elevated to administrator status, and given the power to make drastic deletions and changes within the group.

Not all admins or moderators will agree on everything concerning the group, especially when the group allows open discussions to be created and discussed by group members, moderators, and admins.

Unfortunately any admin can just delete…

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sort photo by camera/lens/aperture etc.

Why can't we have a feature that can organize our(or even others/group's) photos by:
    camera/lens/aperture/location/ISO/Shutter speed etc.
    It's much easier to show the picture I took from only this Camera/lens/ aperture to my friend when they ask for. So we don't have to go back to my computer to sort it, so people can stay longer on flickr browse around, and that's exactly what you want.

Tom

77th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Filter images by camera type

Add Camera type to your filter search in advanced search. When looking for specific high quality free licensed images it would be useful to be able to pick cameras of a higher quality.

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. A Profile Information Field

So that users can write a brief text introducing who they are, what thry do, website etc.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 77th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Please can you add the OnePlusTwo phone to the list of phones?Photos taken on my OnePlusTwo currently come up as OnePlusOne.

Please can you add the OnePlusTwo phone to the list of phones?Photos taken on my OnePlusTwo currently come up as OnePlusOne.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Create sections ald self-selectable streams on the home page

I'd like to see a home page that has the ability to add or remove section. For example, a photostream in one or 2 columns on one side, the ability to add a stream for a group (or groups) of my choice. Allow me to select the layout. Maybe have 3 streams vertical and allow me to move sideways to select a different group or view other details about the photo. Think like a rubix cube but with more than 9 tiles. You could have one tile on the screen show recommended. For example
    [R] [E] [G] [g] F =…

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Make it easier to find just new photos

Sometimes I just want to look at photos as they come in. When I click on "Explore" it is pretty much always photos that have been up for ages with ten thousand + views and hundreds or thousands of 'favs'. I just want to *easily* look at the raw feed as photographers, good or bad, post their stuff. I think it is nice to see what just average folks post, as well as being beneficial. Then they know people are looking at their stuff and average people will get their photos rated more easily. Then they will get to learn…

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Help the user find good matching content for photobooks.

I was thinking of making a photo book, but I couldn't find a way to easily filter my content to find which pictures meet the resolution standards. Also, I use linux as my primary desktop, so I appreciate any ongoing support for that platform.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flickr Photo Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Editing Albums

Editing Albums and images in general is too cumbersome. You should be able to delete, edit, add to album from the photo stream or camera roll page. when inside the organizer, it's impossible to see the image you want to remove from an album bc it's too small. And after double clicking to see the image, it's too small. Also, you have to remove one image at a time. The entire organizer should be recoded. Organizing albums and moving things around takes too much time and there are too many interfaces to do simply tasks that you can provide as…

91st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for your post.

It is possible to edit, delete and add a photo to an album from the Camera Roll page not the Photostream page. We will keep your idea in Gathering Feedback to share your concerns regarding image size in organizer.

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

17. To avoid duplication, before uploading, user should be given an option, whether to proceed or replaced the existing files.

To avoid duplication, before uploading, user should be given an option, whether to proceed or replaced the existing files. Why on earth, this easy process flickr still unable to perform??

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. I don't like that my older albums are no longer available. I also don't like archiving, photos are wanted even if more than 5yrs old.

I would prefer that all my albums would continue to be available via the album link. We already have paging so there's no reason that old albums should disappear. There is no way to get to the old albums.

Yes, I can locate my old photos by date in the archive section, but no longer can I get to the whole album group which would cover many dates and might even only select some of my favorites from each date.

Even if there is a valid technical reason to archive these albums, there should be a way to get to…

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Best display size a problem?

I noticed recently that my 600 pixel photos are being displayed at ~660 pixels with noticeable deterioration in quality. I assume this is to do with a change in 'Best display size'. Pictures should not be displayed at a size larger than their actual submitted size.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. date taken date uploaded

Please remove the "date taken" note and replace it with the "date uploaded" message. Hardly any of the uploaded photos is actually taken on the uploaded date. The best way is to use the latter one. And if you really want anyone to know when the picture is taken, you should build a possibility to fill in the date taken by the one uploading any picture.

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base