US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I have friends in Poland an they can`t use flickr at home in their homelanguage.

is it possible that polish people can use flickr like german people in their homelanguage?

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Log In Using Flickr Username Only

I think it would be lovely if we could log in to our Flickr accounts by putting in our username and password only. No email is required, because sometimes people forget which email they put down, but people tend to remember their usernames. Nobody can have the same username as anyone else, so why not make life easier for everybody? Yeah? I'm down with it, at least (:

(please do this. please.)

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Organizr: select only items from my Photostream.

I want to organise something in my Photostream, but cannot simply select Photostream as the basis of my organising action. I'm referring to the pull-down menu that initially has the value "All your content" in Organizr.

354th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. NEW — Notification Center Here, you'll fi... QUIT THIS Annoying pop-up please!!

PLEEEEASE QUIT THIS ANNOYING POP-UP ON THE LAPTOP. The tablet and phone don't have it so it is possible. Can I please use Flickr on the laptop again without this message popping up again and again and again? Please. It's almost unworkable like this.

NEW — Notification Center

Here, you'll find notifications of your recent activity on Flickr. This includes easy access to FlickrMail. We think you'll enjoy what we've built so far.

133rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What does it mean that an idea is in REVIEWED status?

What does it mean here on Uservoice that an idea is in REVIEWED status? It no longer accepts votes, it is not listed as declined/rejected, there is no note from Yahoo/Flickr staff. What are people who supported or want to support this idea to make of it? Is it getting implemented or not? Thank you!

146th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Redesign the Flickr Homepage With No Scrolling

What Iwould like on my home page:
    A row of my latest photos.
    A row of contacts photos.
    2 rows of photos each row from one of my groups.
    My recent activity.
    2 rows of my favorites.
    No large photos, no clutter, no scrolling.
    A link to upload.
    More options about what I have instead of Flickr choosing.

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Allow Administrators To See Photos of Pending Members Who Have Set Their Photostream To Private!

I have created groups that are invitation only. When I get join requests, I do not approve anyone unless they have art work that is appropriate to the theme of the group. If the person who did the join request has a private photostream, I can't see their work. I can't approve what I can't see. Please make the work available for viewing to administrators approving a join request. I have had to deny dozens of requests because I can't see the work.

164th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Please make the new home page responsive. Or, just bring back the old one.

The new homepage is not responsive. It now requires that I scroll horizontally as well as vertically.

Overall, it's a pretty poor experience. Now when I click on a photo, it goes a little card, even if there's a lot more screen that could be used. It appears you're trying to look more like Instagram. If I wanted Instagram, I'd use Instagram.

70th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. fullscreen

Please provide an ACTUAL fullscreen mode.
    If I hit on the button in the upper right that implies full screen, it only fills my browser window, *not* my actual screen. Tried this on Win 10, Chrome and Brave.

Viewing pictures on Flickr in their full glory is just not possible without downloading them first.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Url links to wrong image

https://www.flickr.com/photos/ztpala/19196816419/sizes/c/

the Medium 800 (800 x 534) url links to someone else's photo.

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make the app alert when you are leaving a group.

I was using the app and accidently left the group I created. It is a private group so now I have no access. There was no alert to my leaving. I though it meant I was leaving the group to go to the home page, not that I was LEAVING, taking myself out of the group.
    Crazy.. please correct and how can I get back in my own group?

354th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please remove multiple names from the same contacts

Some of my contacts are shown as having different names depending on which screen/function I'm using to view their activity. eg. if Contact X makes a comment on one of my photos, it is shown as originating from 'Mr Smith' if I view the individual photo page, but is shown as originating from 'Mr Jones' if I view Recent Activity. But it's the same comment from the same person! Please can you standardise it so that every user's activity is shown as originating from a single name. It's confusing otherwise.

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. If Someone Loves My Photo Enough To Add It As A Favorite, They Should Also Post A Comment

People are often adding my photos as favorites, but the people do NOT always comment. I think that Flickr should make a new rule about people being obligated to always post kind comments on anyone else's photo that they love enough to add it as a favorite. If someone loves my photo enough to add it to their list of favorites, then that person should also post a comment. Isn't this fair?

324th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Feature to Retry the upload of videos which are struck at "This video is being processed"

Feature to Retry the upload of videos which are struck at "This video is being processed"

354th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add titles and descriptions from albums to photo books.

I take great care in my textual additions to photos, a printed book without these additions is useless to me. I would most likely purchase a book that included this content.

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flickr Photo Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Flickr tab extension on chrome now displays unwanted flickr logo and copyright info

this is a feedback and not a new idea.
    Flick tab (chrome extension) is now displaying annoying picture info, copyright stuff and big flickr logo. Destroys the image itself. Iam uninstalling it.

354th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Way too many large photos when I open my main page .. much too confusing to concentrate on a single photo with al the rest saying me me me

When I open my page it is much too confusing to concentrate on a single photo with all the rest of those too large photos saying me me me !!! ... and the constant scrolling to get anywhere ... is not only annoying but tedious .... do you people go out of your way to constantly annoy us with every brilliant scheme and change? ... HERE is a very simple plan a monkey could figure out .... put out a BETA format and let every paying customer vote! ... I am not the only one paying out of my pocket…

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share links don't work without editing

I mostly share my photos on Wordpress platforms (over 25% of websites worldwide run on Wordpress). I have to heavily edit the share links provided.
    1) No part of any Wordpress platform will allow the script tag. At best, it is ignored, but in some areas, it will prevent posting the message until deleted.
    2) The "data-flickr-embed="true"" part of the A tag can also prevent posting the message.
    3) Some areas will not even allow an edited A tag. In spite of Flickr rules, the A tag must be removed to allow embedding the photo.
    4) The BBCode link generally…

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let us arrange our Flickr homepage to show what WE want to see.

I would like to be able to drag & drop 'blocks' of content so I can arrange my Flickr home page to show what **I** want to see as well as what I want others to see, and I want to decide what sizes those blocks of content should be. The new layout with just two columns of 'latest pics' in my feed by others that I have to scroll, scroll, scroll to see, is NOT want I want to see first!

98th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Is it possible to have the "categories" menu item available at the top instead of in the "more" section ? Thanks

Is it possible to have the "categories" menu item available at the top instead of in the "more" section ?

I often tell folks to look at the categories but they cannot find it.

I have many categories because my bird pictures are grouped in albums and categories.

Thanks

354th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base