US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Would like to be able to organize photo in group in certain order.

Would like to have capability to organize photos we add into group and create an album.

46th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Favorite Albums

Albums for Favorites!. I have so many! whould help to have albums to sort and find what I am looking for later.

27th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Put up an extra warning when deleting stuff from Camera Roll

From several reports in the Help Forum it appears not all users are aware of the fact that deleting images from Camera Roll will delete them from their Flickr account, seeing they are in the erroneous assumption that Camera Roll is some separate entity, not connected to their photostream. They then proceed to delete only to discover that their images are gone from their account. In some cases it concerned entire streams storing work of years and years.

Request is to implement an emphatic statement, when you hit the delete button that you are about to delete the ONLY copy/copies…

93rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Open the iOS app for non-members so they can easily view what you share

Maybe I am missing something, but when you are not a member and you open a link to an album or photo on an iOS device, it prompts you to use the app. However, after installing you find out that only members can use the app. Why not open the app so non-members can also use a better interface than their standard browser to view the images?

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please reply in a comment with more specifics about the issue you are reporting? Are you trying to access a photo that is giving you an error related to that farm? Any details about what you are trying to do and the steps you took would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

7. subcategory Groups

hi flickr team , might be a good idea to order their group category ? and then upload the photo by selecting the category that contains all the desired groups .
    Thanks Andrea

125th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Some of the images of the group awards on my photos are missing

I don't understand why, but on many of the photos in my photostream if I view them to read my comments, I notice that many of the group awards that I have received on my photos are no longer showing the group's images that are suppose to be attached with the award code. All I see is a very small red circle with a right slash through it and also a blank white area located where the group award image should be. But NOT all or not every group award image is missing. WHY am I having this weird problem?…

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Having to click on a photo to Fav it is a pain in the a$$.. Who else agrees? Change it back please

Having to click on a photo to Fav it is a pain in the a$$.. Who else agrees? Change it back please - Friday, October 7th, 2016

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Hi Flickr Team! I really love the look and feel of the album and wished we could embed the album in the form of an image gallery (tile by ti

Hi Flickr Team! I really love the look and feel of the album. Wished I could embed the album in the form of an image gallery (tile by tile) instead of a slideshow.

152nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Return to Group "initial" view

There are a lot of non-Flickr users visiting a Group that I belong to and Admin. I created an Admin Blast that appears very nicely at the top when they go to what I m calling the front page at flickr.com/groups/dncb. I'm telling them how to use the search and sort capabilities to find what they want and they move on to individual pictures, scrolling through the result set.

As long as they stay within that result set, I would like them to have a one-button click to get back to that front page. Yes, they can delete the search…

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Account not accessible

I am not able to log in to flickr using my gmail id. please let me know the solution to delete my account.

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tags are not metadata anymore

Tag Parsing - Tags are not metadata anymore

Hashtags are embedded in so many descriptions and titles, they should not have to be treated as metadata by us content creators. It would be helpful if, during the insert, hashtags are parsed and copied into Flickr's metadata fields. Tags could be parsed from Exif data and text captions/descriptions.

163rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Confirm correct auto tags

We can remove auto tags by clicking the X in the tag's button. Could we have a feature to add a tag that auto tags identified without having to type it into the add tags box? Ctrl-, Alt-, Cmd-, whatever-, and the remove "X" changes to a "+" add, some such?

195th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Keep the 'favorites' on photos that I make private in case I make them public again!

It says: ''Changing a photo to a stricter privacy level will remove any favorites that have accumulated. It will also change the URL of the photo.''

Seriously Flickr? What if I want to make this photo public again one day?!

I cant believe that after all these years you havn't figured out a way to keep the 'favorites' when making a photo private. Facebook definitely figured it out, so why cant you?

Honestly my experience with this (losing all the favorites when making a photo private) is the biggest turn off I've ever had in using your platform.

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. The problem with vertical photos

Vertical pictures look generally lousy. That is because Flickr gives more importance (aka sceen space) to horizontal pictures. Vertical photos should be made larger.

69th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Integrate The Commons more into the overall site and user experience

Honestly, I don't know what category to put this under, so I'm putting it under Search Experience, but it could also fit under Photo Page & Photostream.

Seriously Flickr, the rest of your site is absolutely beautiful and intuitive. So why is it when I go to the Commons, I'm stuck with an ugly, outdated, and unintuitive layout? It almost feels like a completely separate website. Why hasn't the search results page been updated to look like the rest of the site? Why can't I browse the ENTIRE commons at once, and look at trending tags, like I can under…

125th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Upload tags

When I upload my photos from Windows app 'Photo Gallery' my tags are kept but the people I have tagged do not stay tagged. It would be helpful if these tags could also be uploaded with the photos.

139th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Uploadr for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Photos, likes and comments ONLY no spam

PLease PLEASE ... get RID of the 'award' spam on the 'Flickr' homepage .. I don't need to see that .. please stop it.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Build a way to thing out images based on favorites

I had 2600+ photos, but a lot of them didn't hold up over time, so I decided to cull the herd, and only keep the ones other people have favorited... I ended up manually adding all the flagged photos to a set, but then had no way to remove all the photos not in that set... so I set all my photos to private, then made the ones in the set public... not realizing along the way that ALL favorites got lost...

I've given up, burned it down... deleted everything... I hope that someone makes this process easier for the…

270th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base