US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. ON board with Flickr since 2014, I would be pleased to look at the very bottom of my favorites, having had a lot of pleasure with older pics

ON board with Flickr since 2014, I would be pleased to look at the very bottom of my favorites, having had a lot of pleasure with older pics. There are so many now that I can not reach them. This way, I couod also remove some of them from my favorites, making the list shoerter...

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please allow users to configure content shown on the homepage, ie ,ake Groups, Suggested Photographers, even Followed Photographers OPTIONAL

There are many comments, generally unfavourable, about the content that's now shown on the 'homepage' ie what you see on first login. In many instances, much of that content is irrelevant to the user, so please would you allow us to configure the content that gets shown?

134th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unfollow

There has to be a way to unfollow a huge bulk of people at once. I've had my account since early 2000's in my teens and have followed many random accounts. My tastes are different now and I'd like to refine my follow list without having to individually unfollow some people one by one as I go down the list. It is exhausting and bad User Experience.

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Quit using foreign language subtitles under photos submitted by foreign photographers and put the English translation below the photos

Quit using foreign language subtitles under photos submitted by foreign photographers and put the English translation below the photos so that we here in America know what foreign photographers are saying and or describing in their photographs, after all we are an English speaking country and don't understand foreign language let alone trying to read what they are saying or describing as well.

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Provide a way to save or print a flickr photo with ALL its title, description, exif & geotag info.

Provide a way to save or print a flickr photo with ALL its title, description, exif & geotag info included in the download file. Having only the image, without its captions,etc. defeats all the work of adding this info during upload, and the photo looses all context if downloaded without this info.

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. banned

ok, so I might forget to post comment on a group and get a Banned notice from Flickr HQ. But NO IDEA which group it is from, the group should be included in the email notice, so it can be sorted. After all Flickr should be a friendly place where hiccups can be sorted.

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Show each video in a video album with a cover photo, not a blank with a play-button!

For a short time, Google+ shows a photo cover, taken from the beginning of the uploaded videos. As your photo view is so large, just showing a colored blank is really a waste. Now people can only read a small file name to guess the actual contents of the video albums. Please check my page to see what I am asking!

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Invites that work!!!

Group Invitations are BROKEN - If I send an invite to a non flickr member, and they subsequently join flickr then after going through the signup process they come to a Yahoo landing page and have to then look for flickr, and there's no invite in they're new flickr account
    ALSO the screen name is incorrect - as listed on screen the name is different to that derived from an email search for the contact on an invite for a flickr member

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Thumbnails and Photos on Photostream not Showing

The thumbnails are not showing on my Camera Roll, and neither are the photos showing on my Photostream. My internet connection is not the problem as I have no problems using other websites. In fact, I had no problems going thru my Google Photos account so it must be your site which is having the problem.

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Make Explore Great Again

Maybe make the criteria to get into Explore less opaque?

Flickr guards this like it's KFC's seven spices, but that just frustrates users over seemingly senseless, unstated rules. If photos with borders are not permitted, why not state that? If adding photos to lots of groups lowers its viability, why not tell users that? It's ridiculous.

No wonder people resort to following thousands of accounts for exposure - that seems to be the only surefire way to hit Explore, while everyone else's photos are only seen by their followers and people who browse group pools.

13th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Reinstate photo subscription once you've commented on it

The old interface 'subscribed' you to photos that you commented on, and when others comment as well, the photos show up on your page. This no longer happens and I miss this. If I've commented on a photo, I'm interested in it and I find other people's comments interesting too. Is there a way of reinstating this?

192nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Geotagging isn't working

Good morning guys

Geotagging doesn't appear to be working today. Could you sort it, please?

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Improvements needed when Blocking people

I would like to see the blocking of people expanded. Much like Facebook. When blocked they can't see your stream or comments you make elsewhere.

47th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Albums organization

Please add the option to organize albums by date taken or uploaded just like in the photostream.

86th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add new photo privacy setting that makes photo private, but allows embedding elsewhere

I sometimes upload photos that I want to embed at other websites where anyone there can see them, but I don't want them to be visible to anyone browsing my photostream or album or searching on flickr.

This feature is allowed on the otherwise awful Photobucket. I have an account there for this purpose only, and I would like to not have to use Photobucket at all.

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Map is incorrect

The northern part of Pakistan (Gilgit, Skardu, Baltistan, etc) are being shown under India - where are you picking up your map info from?

Can we just have a simplified map function please or just integrate with google maps for more up to date and complete info.

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. List photos in Camera Roll, Photostream, or Album etc.

I know this idea is not new, but why hasn't it been implemented??
    Managing a large number of photos can be very tedious and time-consuming. Having the ability to generate a list (e.g. by Title and/or first line of Description) with or without a small thumbnail of photo, in Camera Roll, PhotoStream or specific Album etc. would be VERY HELPFUL!!! Allow the list to be printed or saved for further manipulation and also allow it to be downloaded for saving elsewhere on user's computer so it can be imported into common spreadsheets for further manipulation.

At the present, I'm spending…

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Move the Comment Box

Currently, the comment box is below all a photo's previous comments. This is inconvenient as one has to scroll right to the bottom of a page in order to post a comment on a photograph.

I think it would save a lot of time if the comment box for photos was moved above all the photo's previous comments.

134th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 114th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. "Groups" feature needs to be possible to access on mobile.

Discussions have been removed from the mobile app.
    Discussions have been removed from the mobile site.
    The link to force view the full site from the mobile site has been removed.
    All external links to a page in the full site, when accessed from a mobile browser, automatically redirect to the mobile site, which does not allow access to discussions.

I truly don't understand this decision. I don't own a laptop. I use my phone for everything. I am literally blocked at every turn from participating in group discussions. I would like to be able to do this.

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base