US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Translation in DUTCH

Translate flickr to dutch

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. A lot of the links on the "Get the most out of Flickr" page are broken. It appears the page first went online in 2008. https://www.flickr.co

A lot of the links on the "Get the most out of Flickr" page are broken. It appears the page first went online in 2008.

https://www.flickr.com/get_the_most.gne

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Landscape Swiping Iphone 6S+ is not working

If you use the flickr app on a iPhone 6S+ and you open a album. Swiping is ok as long the iPhone is in portret. As soon you turn the phone into the landscape mode you are only to swipe porter photos. With landscape photo's the swipe is not working. Is this a known bug?

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Photostream - Private View

Could you please add another option to the Photostream View drop down menu? The option would read "Private View" and would display only the photos that are marked as "Private". Often I want to find which of my photos are visible only by me. I think the Private View would be easy to implement and is a useful feature. Thank you.

57th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. on creative commons - need more info on page about status

right now its very confusing and convoluted how it works. - no copyright info, should also include the wishes of the person uploading. each place has its own rules and each place makes it hard to find it. if they post things to the commons area, one assumes you can do what you want with it. but it seems you can't.

so under the copyright - in that section, it should also say creative commons attribution *** or not for commercial use. or something like that. so i don't waste my time in it. thanks

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Photo Page zoom - Scrolling with wheel conflicts with mouse movement

If you zoom in to a picture on Photo Page with the little magnifying glass, if you scroll using the mouse wheel and the mouse pointer itself shifts even a little tiny bit, it takes priority and jumps to where the cursor is.

There should be some sort of threshold or delay of mouse movement if the user used the scroll wheel, or the scroll wheel just takes priority.

Because people don't glue their mice to the table.

Firefox 47.0 (I will test later if it works on the latest version because I can't update on this machine)
    OS X…

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add the ability to specify individual access to albums

The three options for access currently are public, friends and / or family. These categories are far too broad. I would like to be able to specify that specific people have access to an album, either by flickr user accounts or by email address.

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Update camera finder

In the camera finder, Sony DSC-RX100M4 is listed. However, when you click on it, you are directed to this page: https://www.flickr.com/cameras/sony/?nomodel=1

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. What do I need to do to to make the meter display accurate photo-count?

Dear Madam or Sir,

There is a photo meter on the main page of my account Dodo Pizza World. The meter currently shows that there are 1411. Whereas, in fact there are 3986. What do I need to do to to make the meter display accurate photo-count?

Thank you very much in advance!

Sincerely,
    Fedor

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please make the embedded slideshow feature have a responsive/mobile-friendly option when you choose the size.

Please make the embedded slideshow feature have a responsive/mobile-friendly option when you choose the size. Thanks!

186th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. better code

I would love it if Flickr mail could tell the difference between a response to an ongoing conversation and spam. If a friend and I are going back and forth, IT'S NOT SPAM! And to suddenly see "Slow Down, Partner! we're trying to be safe" is simply sloppy, incompetent programming.It's really simple, IF reply is chosen THEN not spam. But then, this should have been fixed for years. Hard to trust a program that misses the very basics.

204th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Photostream needs a MAKEOVER!

I believe Flickr's Welcome Page needs a major make-over. Two important things:

1) If you're following 500+ users, it's really inconvenient scrolling down to go through all the new photos the followers may have posted. Even my mice screams at me to not abuse its wheel.

[Suggestion]: Instead of one photo per scroll, have a collage with different sizes of photos, the more interesting the photo, the bigger it's size -- but not too big to take over an entire page. Just a nice, clean and collective collage layout on the mainpage to checkout the new photos from the followers…

81st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Searches starting at the Commons page https://www.flickr.com/commons don't give as good a result as using tags

Searches starting at the Commons page https://www.flickr.com/commons don't give as good a result as using the tags and specifying Creative Commons. I tried both, for example, for "Muslim kids" and the Commons page turns up nothing at all, while the other method turns up tons of photos. Please fix, as it is much easier to go directly to the commons page and start searching!

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Be able to upload videos greater than one GB

I love sharing my HD videos, but Flickr only lets me upload 1 GB videos maximum. That is ridiculous, and is annoying because most of my videos are greater than 1 GB. As long as we don't use more than our TB of data in total, may we please upload videos greater than 1 GB????

186th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. names in email

In the Flickr mails, please use the same names as in photo viewing online.

I hope this is already clear in one sentence. To be sure I will add some more description. For instance, in the online viewing I see that a certain user has added a comment. In my daily digest mail I receive a notice thereof, but with another username. This is confusing. The same goes for faves. So I am constantly trying to remember the two Flickr names for each of my contacts/friends.

308th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Flickr Mail notifications (in Flickr) should appear the same way whatever the page....

The notification bell is a very nice new feature. It happened that I missed some Flickr mails for some time because the notification number is reset to zero after you click on the bell.
    Flickr Mail notifications (in Flickr) should appear the same way whatever the page, and, in my opinion, as the little red disk, near the profile icon.

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to choose Album preferred album layout

Please change default album layout or let us customize it like it used to be.

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Let user set whether they want their photostream to be viewed by default in the order of 'date taken' or 'date uploaded'

When I send my photostream to my friends to view, it is messy as the default setting displays the photos in order of 'date uploaded'.

This is because I have uploaded odd photos from older dates but I would like the option to select a default arrangement option for people looking at my photos.

It is very frustrating to me.

65th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Clear selections after a period of inactivity

I recently lost a set of photos because I had previously selected them to make a new album. After a few hours, or perhaps the next day, I came back and selected a few new photos to delete. The other photos were still selected so they were deleted too. Because I was deleting more than one photo, I didn't notice the number to delete was incorrect.

A good policy would be to use cookies to "time out" selections after a reasonable period of time (perhaps 8 hours?).

337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base