US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add a link for translations!

Add a link to translate

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add like (or heart) near favs button

I'd like to have two buttons next to the other users' photographs: a "like" and a "favs" (the same used by 500px). The "Like" (or heartin 500px) button is useful to communicate that picture like but do not want to put it among their favorites.
    Without "like" the number of the favorites become huge and useless for any personal research.
    Thank you.
    Max.

16th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Dear people. If I have to stop each time to give a comment or award I will end my pro account.

Dear people. If I have to stop each time to give a comment or award I will end my pro account.

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. It would be interesting to have the option to see our stream (as well as others) the same way as the new presentation on the home screen.

It would be interesting to have the option to see our stream (as well as others) the same way as the new presentation on the home screen.
    It looks very nice and I'd love to be able to show my stream to friends the same way.

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please make albums within groups an option

Please allow groups to have albums.

The only collaborative sharing option on Flickr is via Groups. If I make a group for different family members to contribute photos too it ends up one long photo stream. If I want it organized more specifically I have to make sure everyone knows the exact phrasing of a tag, and then later remember what exactly that tag was. It would be WAY easier to just have an album that everyone can see and can add too. The other way to organize more specifically in a group is via threads, but that is really…

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. We MUST have a way to upload our ORIGINAL FILENAMES with our photos. This was possible, please restore this feature!!

Keep our original filenames with our photos. It's not practical, or really possible to accurately go in and rename our files.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. subcategory Groups

hi flickr team , might be a good idea to order their group category ? and then upload the photo by selecting the category that contains all the desired groups .
    Thanks Andrea

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Remove or provide alternative on mosaic feature in collections

When creating collections of work, the only option for a cover image for that collection is a mosaic.

This creates a random assortment of images from albums within the collection. For a professional photography page, this looks horrible when displayed on my website. Not only does the resulting image come out small, it looks very cluttered and unorganized. I would like the option to add my own single photo cover option of my choice just like albums.

Also, for users who like the mosaic option, the ability to choose your own photos from albums would be greatly preferred over relying…

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix bugs in Beta group

1) Search for tag "2016-36" in group "DNCB". The interface claims there are 51 photos, when actually 52 exist.
    2) the Advanced search > Dates is confusing. Many photos taken on Aug 24, but none appear unless the left-hand date is either <blank> or set to Aug 23. Conventional behaviour would expect them to appear when left-hand box is Aug 24 or earlier.
    3) Advanced search button has combo box for selecting Date Taken or Date Uploaded as the sort criteria. Has no effect; sorting is always by Date Uploaded.

260th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hello!

Engineering is saying/asking the following:

They did the following:
    1. Go to the group pool page https://www.flickr.com/groups/dncb/pool/
    2. Click on the search icon just above the group pool
    3. No option to search for tags so I search for 2016-36
    4. I get no results so I click on the advance icon to get options.
    5. Set to Search in Tags.
    Result:
    Nothing returned. Is this how you are searching?
    If you know what photo that is not in the search results, can you please check that photo on the photo page and see that it’s in that group and has that tag?

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

10. Favorite Albums

Albums for Favorites!. I have so many! whould help to have albums to sort and find what I am looking for later.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Put up an extra warning when deleting stuff from Camera Roll

From several reports in the Help Forum it appears not all users are aware of the fact that deleting images from Camera Roll will delete them from their Flickr account, seeing they are in the erroneous assumption that Camera Roll is some separate entity, not connected to their photostream. They then proceed to delete only to discover that their images are gone from their account. In some cases it concerned entire streams storing work of years and years.

Request is to implement an emphatic statement, when you hit the delete button that you are about to delete the ONLY copy/copies…

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Open the iOS app for non-members so they can easily view what you share

Maybe I am missing something, but when you are not a member and you open a link to an album or photo on an iOS device, it prompts you to use the app. However, after installing you find out that only members can use the app. Why not open the app so non-members can also use a better interface than their standard browser to view the images?

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Can you please reply in a comment with more specifics about the issue you are reporting? Are you trying to access a photo that is giving you an error related to that farm? Any details about what you are trying to do and the steps you took would be helpful.

Thank you!
    Flickr Support

15. Ability to Download Full Resolution from Mobile Site, Desktop site, and Apps (All Versions of Flickr)

Hi. I have a free account with Flickr with the 1000 GB storage. I want to use Flickr as my main website to create albums and share with my family and friends. Many of my friends and family do not have a flickr account, and I do not want them to have to create an account just to view and download images. I also want them to be able to download the full size image, if they would like to, to their computer or mobile device. When my family and friends click on the link on their mobile phones, sometimes…

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Some of the images of the group awards on my photos are missing

I don't understand why, but on many of the photos in my photostream if I view them to read my comments, I notice that many of the group awards that I have received on my photos are no longer showing the group's images that are suppose to be attached with the award code. All I see is a very small red circle with a right slash through it and also a blank white area located where the group award image should be. But NOT all or not every group award image is missing. WHY am I having this weird problem?…

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Having to click on a photo to Fav it is a pain in the a$$.. Who else agrees? Change it back please

Having to click on a photo to Fav it is a pain in the a$$.. Who else agrees? Change it back please - Friday, October 7th, 2016

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Hi Flickr Team! I really love the look and feel of the album and wished we could embed the album in the form of an image gallery (tile by ti

Hi Flickr Team! I really love the look and feel of the album. Wished I could embed the album in the form of an image gallery (tile by tile) instead of a slideshow.

155th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Return to Group "initial" view

There are a lot of non-Flickr users visiting a Group that I belong to and Admin. I created an Admin Blast that appears very nicely at the top when they go to what I m calling the front page at flickr.com/groups/dncb. I'm telling them how to use the search and sort capabilities to find what they want and they move on to individual pictures, scrolling through the result set.

As long as they stay within that result set, I would like them to have a one-button click to get back to that front page. Yes, they can delete the search…

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Account not accessible

I am not able to log in to flickr using my gmail id. please let me know the solution to delete my account.

280th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base