US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. View latest 5 images from all my groups, on one page.

A way to view 5 or so images from all my groups, on one page.

Groups is how I find new people to follow, I believe this is how the Flickr community also flourished. Surface the images!

58th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make stereoscopic photo viewer

The main idea is make all this stereoscopic content accesible from new VR devices as Oculus Rift, Gear VR, Google Cardboard etc.

For example, i have to donload and see the stereoscopic images in special viewer as SterePhotoMaker.

2016 we are have HUGE jump forward to VR tecnology!

So peoples as me and other need content!

Please contact if you need more details and i will help you as much as i can.

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make clicking on Location bring up phone's navigation app

Please make the Location map feature in the Android app able to launch the phone's default mapping/navigation application.

It was be VERY helpful if one could click on the location of a geotagged/mapped photo and have the Flickr app for Android launch the default mapping/navigation app so that one can navigate to the location the photo was taken at.

194th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How do I see the file names of my photographs? The file names no longer appear in the EXIF data.

I cannot see the file name of my photos. Although there is a lot of information visible in the EXIF data area, the file name does not appear. I want to use the file name as a default title or in the description field, so I can correlate them with my stored files. Not having the file names available makes Flickr useless for backing up my files.

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. pro

When attempting to sign up for Pro, the main page says it's $34 with strikethrough pricing, but when you click through it asks for $49... sorry. I want to upload and receive benefits of pro but you can't tease me with a price and then not allow me to buy it as advertised.

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Please make the search options bar disappear/minimize when scrolling down (on desktop)

It covers the upper quarter of my screen and is only needed when I start my search. Afterwards I just want to see pictures on as much of my screen space as possible. Thank you!

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. I would like the ability to modify the order of my galleries

If it was possible to sort galleries, it would be easier to find galleries of interest, (for those who would like to use a lot of galleries)

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Improper handling of errors

after linking my yahoo account with fllickr, a page was shown to update my information then i input in the neccessary things. on clicking the submit button here was the error i got

{"success":"ok","result":{"primary_confirmed":1}}

url: https://www.flickr.com/account_prefs_update.gne

i know is an alert event that was not handled with a proper message but is kind of unprofessional for users to see this kind of errors on a huge website such as flickr.com

pls do something about it. My name is Omonzogbe Ehinor, A Web Developer From Nigeria. (Any reward for me?)

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Give error about private photos instead of 404 Page Not Found error

When I send a link to a private album, if the recipient doesn't have access, it says "404 page not found" instead of saying the photos are private. If they are not logged into Flickr, you could say "These photos are private, try logging into Flickr". If they are logged in, but don't have access to the photos, you could say "These photos are private, try requesting access from <the owner>."

67th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Browsing on Flickr with the "Never miss a post" nag on every navigation is one of the more frustrating user experiences I've had in a while

Browsing on @Flickr with the "Never miss a post" nag on every navigation is one of the more frustrating user experiences I've had in a while

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. analyze my "favorites" to discover patterns in the EXIF

I can discover some of the recurring elements in my collected "favorites" but perhaps Flickr gurus can make an algorithm or app service that once can point at one's favs and, voila, in moment all the EXIF is sorted into patterns, too; for example, perhaps it turns out that most of my identified favs are shot with 50mm (equivalent) lens at f5.6 and 1/320 second on Canon dSLR cameras during the months of Jan, Feb, March. The geotags cluster around the Masif Central, etc, etc. Some of this may be intuitive to my eye already, but other patterns not so…

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I have Flickr on my computer and in my iPhone. Because I want to have safety copies of all my fotos. I would like the pictures I take - and

I have Flickr on my computer and in my iPhone. Because I want to have safety copies of all my fotos. I would like the pictures I take - and receive - in my messages and sms to be included at Flickr.
    I also think it would be good if those pictures were added with the date they were taken/sent, and not as now with the date they are uploaded.

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. pictures not seen in proper alignment as seen earlier ..when u try an see an album also last uploaded images not seen first its a mess

my point is pretty simple ..when u try to access an album the pics show up in different sizes and too huge ..if i select the option for smaller thumbnails then the pics show in haphazard manner ...also the first in first out is not followed .. as in the latest upload shud display first and so on ..pls fix i am using flickr since years and now i think i will have to switch

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Following account organizing

I strongly strongly suggest Flickr has organizing/"group"feature for following account.

I have lot's of following, actually everybody does. The thing is they are in every different photography aspects, some of them are portrait, some landscape, some others.
    When I try to find a particular following(s),
    I found it's terribly hard to find them, unless I remember the name of every one or date I started to following them.

Personally, I work as a interactive designer in LA, I think you guys should really consider this feature, even for PRO exclusive.

251st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Isn'a available in Azerbaijan

Hi. I know that Flickr mobile app isn't available in Azerbaijan but it would be great to see the Flickr mobile app available in my country too.

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. How about a choice in Likes

At the moment we can only Like an image, what about the ability to add images to our own Like galleries? I.E. My favourite landscapes

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Subscription Renewals

When you send an email reminding me that my subscription is due for renewal, it would be good customer service to include the cost.

It is not very professional or customer friendly to send, what is in effect, a bill, without stating the actual cost.

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Arrange photos in numerical order rather than Dewy Decimal. E.G. under your system India 42 comes after India 3396.

Arrange photos in numerical order. Right now e.g. India 42 comes after India 3396. This is weird and its appears that it is based upon the Dewey Decimal system. Why?

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Today I gave up to use the new feature select and mask as I find it less friendly then the old refine edge. I would like to have the new

Today I gave up to use the new feature select and mask as I find it very unfriendly. I would like to have a version where the new select and mask feature is replaced with the old refine edge.

269th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base