US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Responsive group window and other feature requests

Hi Guys,
    Some development tips came into my mind during the daily usage of Flickr (web and mobile)
    Web:
    - add photo to group window should be responsive or adjustable, when I use it on a bigger screen it takes 20 rolls to get to the bottom, instead of having a bigger window and see 10-15 groups on one
    page
    - in add photo to group window you should indicate at each group, how many pics I have left that day/week/month - just as in the mobile version
    - arranging my groups by how many pics I have left that…

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. less usless modal dialogs

Please stop using these "modal popup dialogs". I now get two dialogs. One about changing password. And another about the "NEW — Notification Center". Nothing on the page is usable until you press the close X. The next time I log in you have to start closing these again. Very annoying and useless.

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. show original photo size by default on accounts (large 2048 restriction)

A few years ago you made a change to not show original size. This was to help avoid downloading the images and so on.

The problem is that this is on by default, and I think there are many people who would share original size images. But they don't go through the hassle of figuring out the settings.

So have original size on as default, but let people restrict it by going to the settings. Not put the size restriction on by default and have people figure out the settings as it is now.

Screens on desktop computers and tablets…

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Please hide the ability for people to know how many contacts that each and every Flickr member has

It is never good for anyone to know the quantity of contacts that we have. And also it is NOT good for anyone, especially other Flickr members to know how many people we are following. PLEASE create a way of hiding both the amount of people we are following and also hide the quantity of people who follow us. Only I should be able to know how many followers I have. And only I should be able to know how many people that I am following. I've had people blocking me just because they believe that I'm following too many…

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please, port Your Flickr Vr app to Google Cartboard. For Android.

Please, port Your Flickr Vr app to Google Cartboard.

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Choose auto-uploadr folders

Let us choose which folder(s) to be uploaded automatically!
    Now EVERYTHING on my phone is being uploaded, which is utterly STUPID! I want to use Flickr for my PHOTOS, not every screenshot and download I make on my phone.

90th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Stats - Source breakdown of views from Mobile devices

Stats - Source breakdown of views from Mobile devices:
    Under the Mobile heading in the source breakdown section of stats they just give the type of device (android/ios/web) with numbers of views from these devices.
    That is not helpful to me. I don't care what device views are coming from, I want to know what they looked at! or how they found my photo(s), the same as with the other stats.

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. 85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Language Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Make adding photos to list of Groups more robust and user friendly

Adding photos using list of Groups is now so tedious and frustrating that I will no longer use the facility.

1 – I am unable to add photos to existing groups in Firefox from my main PC. Instead of the template being in the 2*3 arrangement, the selected photos appear in an “list” form down the page. Although the “Add to Group” icon turns blue. Clicking on it does nothing. This has been like this for over 2 months.

2 – Using IE I can add chosen photos to add to groups. They are in the correct 2*3 arrangement, and…

145th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. I don't like that my older albums are no longer available. I also don't like archiving, photos are wanted even if more than 5yrs old.

I would prefer that all my albums would continue to be available via the album link. We already have paging so there's no reason that old albums should disappear. There is no way to get to the old albums.

Yes, I can locate my old photos by date in the archive section, but no longer can I get to the whole album group which would cover many dates and might even only select some of my favorites from each date.

Even if there is a valid technical reason to archive these albums, there should be a way to get to…

121st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Flag photos for removal from group

Oftentimes, groups are tied to a specific topic. Members often won’t read the rules before adding photos, Moderators might abandon the group and not pay too much attention..
    It would be nice to be able to keep groups clean, and add the ability to flag photos for removal from a specific group – as a reminder for the moderator.

31st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 337th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Group Discussions for Mobile app

Hi Flickr Team! I am keen on keeping connected to the various discussions in the groups I have joined. However, I often do not have access to my laptop during the week. Is there a way to include group discussions in your mobile app? That way, no matter where I am, as long as there is internet connection, I can access and participate in group discussions from my phone.

49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Please provide setting for how groups appear so we may go back to the old format.

The new groups tab is a mess with the new "recent photos details view". It takes up way to much real estate on the page and makes it a nuisance to scroll through and quick identify them. A simple, stream lined list view was much better.

Recently the format of the groups was changed to look more like a online magazine, replacing the simple, effective and quick way to find information you are looking for through the list view.

Here is a link to a good book.

https://www.amazon.com/Dont-Make-Think-Revisited-Usability/dp/0321965515/ref=pd_sbs_14_t_0/152-0671821-1421401?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=X7QWXRMRQWV4DVN1V3JD

Thanks

162nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. ADDING FOLLOW BACK BUTTON IN THE NEW NOTIFICATION

ADDING FOLLOW BACK BUTTON IN THE NEW NOTIFICATION

246th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Uploader

Good day, the current model of the Flickr Uploader, is quiet...useless. Direct upload from the folder, takes away the means to set up tags, album title, and sub title of the picture in question. To which you make more work on doing the personal touches in edit mode on your site. When it can be done, via the old Uploader at one's own desktop.

Please, I understand currently, the company has been bought and there is a transition ongoing. To be honest...the design is made 'cheaply' and with no true after thought. Since I have been a member since 2007,…

132nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Photo size needed at 1280

For inline posting on forums to give others a quality photo-viewing experience, the 1600 size is often too large so users can't see the entire photo. And the 1024 size is too small to really give a good view on most forum layouts and on the most common monitor screen sizes like 1920 x 1080.

We really should have a 1280 size generated with these other sizes.

186th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Sort photo by camera/lens/aperture etc.

Why can't we have a feature that can organize our(or even others/group's) photos by:
    camera/lens/aperture/location/ISO/Shutter speed etc.
    It's much easier to show the picture I took from only this Camera/lens/ aperture to my friend when they ask for. So we don't have to go back to my computer to sort it, so people can stay longer on flickr browse around, and that's exactly what you want.

Tom

76th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base