US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uploader for Windows

What a croc of s***, I installed it, put a USB stick into my computer and I get a message saying Flickr Uploader transferring 100 images to your account. Wait, I didn't tell it to do that so, now I have to spend 30 minutes trying to remove the pictures from my Flickr pages.

Forget this uploader its more of a pain than a help, it just assumes that you want to load everything to your Flickr which I certainly do not and it doesn't even ask you first.

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Uploadr for Windows  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. My hard drive crashed and I lost ALL passwords - I am BluebearsLani but I can't get back in

My hard drive crashed and I lost ALL passwords - I am BluebearsLani but I can't get back in

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to Report Recommended Photos without Opening Them

I keep getting photos of partially or completely naked people recommended by flickr on my all activity page. Ideally, I'd like these not to be there (I mostly photograph bugs, I don't know why I keep having these recommended). Barring that, I'd like some way to report the image without having to open it: have a report option in the drop down menu that gives you the ability to hide a recommendation. I'm assuming that flickr is erroneously considering these safe???

122nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. increase or eliminate daily follow limits

I fail to see how following someone is considered spam. Allowing 20 new follows per day is hardly enough and, on some days, doesn't even allow you to return follows of new followers. Inconvenient and frustrating, especially on a newer account where you are trying to build.

39th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. i would like the editor on the down load page, as some times it may not go through and you have to reload the image, and we want to present

to have the editor on the down load page it makes sense, to present a finished image for the viewers , not work on it when ppl are looking at the page !

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Fix repeat images appearing in albums

When syncing a collection from lightroom I will often see that the number of photos listed in the lightroom collection and the number of photos on flickr are different, sometimes by hundreds of photos. This is usually due to duplicates of photos from the collection appearing at seemingly random places throughout the flickr album, it makes my collections which I spend a lot of time collecting and organizing seem very unprofessional.

92nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. support for live photos (apple)

a way to preserve “live” aspect of apple live photos.

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Embed system not working

Ok, pics are on public before someone mentions it. Was in the past able to embed pics before. Wouldn't say no prob as it still required work to get the code right. But now? No matter what is tried it gets rejected and have to download the pics and re upload somewhere else. Not so simple as is claimed.

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. why have YOU not me created a second account and now every time i want to upload photographs it goes to the unwanted account. This is totall

sort out the friggin problem of creating a second account when i have not asked for it nor do i want it. every time i now want to upload photographs it goes to the new account you lot set up which is a right royal pain **********. you have made what used to be a simple exercise now a total nightmare.
    all i want to do now is find somewhere of removing all of MY pictures from my original flickr account and set up one with google photos or similar. YOU ARE SIMPLY A WASTE OF TIME AND EFFORT

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add

Add a "Comments" tab on the Uer's homepage

In the same way there is a "Faves" tab , it woulb be interesting te see a "Comments" tab , so that we have have an idea of how a specific user behaves on Flickr, what are his picture preferences, and so on.

Additionally having a way to filter the comments (and this would be also the case for faves) to select only ones for a specific target user would be great

Thanks

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upload videos from Mac Photos app

Can you please update Flickr Uploadr for mac to upload also videos from the Apple Photos app?

37th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search in group

Can we search in a group based on either # of views or #faves given as criteria. Now its based on date posted.

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More photos in Show case

Can we have more than 25 photos in our Show Case, please.

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync Flickr on the computer with the Flickr app

I use Flickr on both my desktop and my IPhone. I noticed there are several features unique to one but missing from the other. An example is blocking people (which is much easier on the Iphone app). To block someone on the computer you need to take several steps to identify and confirm your decision. In the app it just takes one step - clicking on Block User. Much better. Plus on the Iphone you can easily tell how many photos the user has posted - good way to separate active users with non-contributors, My recommendation is to incorporate the…

44th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Enable more actions on mobile site

Mobile site is v limited. Can't add, delete or update tags, Can't see which groups a picture is in, can't add to a group, Is not much use for anything other than viewing images...to do anything worthwhile I have to switch to full web page...

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please make it possible for us to see from which URL visitors came

In the old version of flickr statistics I was able to see from what URL my visitors came. I could see if it was a group or a gallery, or what website. With the current stats I sometimes get an info only on how many came from android, iphone, etc. I miss this feature, because this way I was able to track down if my images were published on websites without my permission. Please reinstate it when possible.

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Copyrights Feature: Block Screenshots/Print Screen on Flickr

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a missing feature which I think would be very useful for many users: a built-in code that blocks any screenshot/print screen attempt on Flickr.

It could work like many copyrighted websites use: by simply blocking the keyboard commands and displaying a friendly message....something like that:

"Like this amazing image? You can request the photographer "mr.xx-hyperlink" a print/or buy this image on Flickr by clicking here" IDK lol..

I feel like this feature could be like an extra copyrights protection and an incentive for customers and visitors to purchase our photographs and artworks / getting in…

80th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Fix statistics tracking bugs

In the past five hours, my total number of reported views has decreased by about 3000. First the previous day's count disappeared from the total (at 7PM Eastern, the start of a new day in GMT), and now several more days seem to be gone. In many other recent cases views have not been counted for hours at a time, and in still other cases there have apparently been sudden and inexplicable bursts of activity. Since as a Pro user I'm paying for statistics reporting, I expect a much higher level of service and accuracy in these numbers, and at…

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I would love to see the "replies to your comments" option activated again. Otherwise, it's hard to have a "conversation" with our contacts.

I don't see the "replies to my comments" option any more. If it's gone, I'd sure like it to come back!

185th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base