US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Discussion List

Group discussion list has disappeared. It now says "This group discussion is for members only." Even if I am the admin and even if I am a member.

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. daily change wallpaper

Wallpaper hourly change

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. new camera phone for Bphone 2017 (Designed by Bkav - Made in Vietnam)

Please add the new type of phone.
    The phone name: Bphone (Bkav B2017)
    The camera: Bkav AI Camera

155th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Uploading bulk continuous flapping

Really Bad when uploading pictures in a bulk. Trying to upload 7260 pictures (aprox 200KB each) and continuously flapping with erros like response timeout (internet still working perfect). If there is some way to debug this i could send you the error.
    Using the app from android it works perfectly BUT it doesnt let me choose wich folder to upload, it automatically decide what folder to upload...
    Actually it is awesome that yahoo-flickr provides 1TB storage, but with this bad service i can not even reach 3% of the quota. Only uploading one by one or a maximun of some…

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. please add the Light L16 to the camera finder

Now that the Light L16 camera is shipping, images are starting to appear. Please add it to the camera finder and update the icon from a generic one?

here's the group with over 100 images so far: https://www.flickr.com/groups/3541818@N22/pool/

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow crowdfunding and tips for photographers.

Every other social media site allows crowdfunding and tips so artists can support themselves.

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding titles to photos

I have noticed that it is becoming more and more common that photos are being uploaded without a title. In this day and age of being able to post directly from one's phone or camera by way of WiFi, it is somewhat annoying to find a photo one likes, but not know where it was taken, or what the subject matter is. Viewing photos is an exciting experience, and I often call myself an armchair traveller, being able to enjoy wonderful scenes, that are often very different to one's own Country. By the same token, it is a pleasure being…

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add Last comment to people list

Under "PEOPLE >LIST" it is listed when they post an image last, How many images they have posted, when you added them, etc. Please add "When they commented on your photo stream last"

190th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Camera Finder: Add Missing Pentax and Nexus Cameras

The Pentax K-S1 and K-S2 don't appear in the camera finder like they ought to:

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/ricoh/

These cameras represent Pentax's budget cameras for a few years ago.

Additionally, there is no way to find Nexus 5x or 6p photos. These smartphones are common, have good cameras, a dedicated following, and should be added. Either put them under "Google" or their respective brands (LG and Huawei):

Google: https://www.flickr.com/cameras/google/
    LG: https://www.flickr.com/cameras/lg/
    Huawei: (doesn't exist)

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Possibility to feature sets or albums on home-page or on about-page

i think that galleries are such a beautiful feature with often very low attention. (even though they've got their own navigation button :-) - !!)
    what if you could feature not only single photos on your "about" page (or even on the main photostream?) but also your gallery of the week, or some of your sets?

227th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Upload from Lightroom yields API errors

I've tried to upload photos from Lightroom for well over a week but keep getting Flickr API errors: "Flickr API returned an error message (function upload, message Photo is temporarily unmodifiable)".

It is connecting, however, because all of my Lightroom photos got renamed to their original camera names rather than the names I had over COUNTLESS HOURS given my photos using the flickr interface.

I tried reconfiguring the Lightroom export plugin and reconnected with flickr, to no avail.

For years this has worked with no trouble whatsoever.
    Fix or refund my Pro account fee.

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Lens-/camera-specific groups: delete photos that don't belong there

So you want to browse through photos of a certain camera or lens? Say you want to see photos made with the Canon 35 2 IS, so you browse through the Canon 35 2 IS-group. BUT: dozens of photos aren't even close to be taken with that lens. What do you do? Ask every uploader of every photo that doesn't belong to a specific group to remove it from that group?

Nope. Not gonna work.

I'd like to see a function to report these images. Then either by algorithm or by the group admin, these images can be deleted from…

141st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. COLLECTIONS would be more useful if the choice "COLLECTIONS" was listed after "Photostream" and before "Albums."

COLLECTIONS would be more useful if the choice "COLLECTIONS" was listed after "Photostream" and before "Albums."

40th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. How to avoid seeing some types of photos when I open a new tab?

I am scared of photos of snakes. Quite often, when I open a new tab, these kinds of photos jumped out! is there anyway that I can still enjoy the beauty of different photos every time when I open a new tab, but I can also protect myself from disturbing photos? how to change the settings? thanks a lot!

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr Wall Art  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Compression reduces quality and it kills our photography (We are leaving!)

We use to keep flickr as the travel photo blog kinda thing, but now its moving away from that as the quality of uploaded photos are drastically reducing due to the compression making the our photography look really bad. flickr isn't mainstream social photography, but with what you're doing it might be, making so many of take off.

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Please limit one camera model and one lens for each photo in the tag.

Including more than one model of camera and/or lens in the tag for a single photo just to attract more readers is downright cheating and confusing!

310th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. New desktop edit. I cannot see save button when i crop a pic.

New desktop edit. I cannot see save button when i crop a pic.

190th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Do not put a footer at the bottom of an infinitely scrolling page

There are various places where a page incorporates both infinitely scrolling content and a footer with links that the user may want to access. Those two paradigms do not work together. An example is the main page, https://flickr.com when logged in. As I scroll down to get to a link in the footer, more content loads in pushing the footer below the fold. This makes the footer inaccessible and unusable on the page.

Possible Solutions:
    * Move the footer to a side menu or a menu accessible from a header bar. Anywhere where the content will not be scrolled out…

114th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. When are you going to put the programme back on the top of the page More where I could look at my photo's and edit them if I wanted too ??

Please put the More, back on the top of the page what included me able to Edit and view my photos on various pages, of which I am unable to do have the More option has been removed
    Why has it been removed !! I have been a member since 2007 and had no problems before

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Used to be able to get a list of top 200 photos in order by faves, views, and comments. What gives?

What happened to the "popular" option under "my photostream"?? Used to be able to get a list of my top 200 photos ranked by views, comments, or faves. Where is it now? Or is getting rid of it another "improvement"?

79th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base