US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Provide a easy way to download all my files before ending my membership.

It would help everyone that doesn't want to migrate to Smugmug. The current way through zip file is very slow and hard.

206th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Re-establish a licensing relationship with Getty

Flickr's intention to set up its own stock licensing site was great, but it never seemed to develop the features of the Flickr-Getty integration.

Shop the deal with others like Alamy, Corbis etc. to get Flickr users the best possible deal (percentage and price), but by all means turn the Flickr community and catalog loose! Let's see what we can accomplish together.

https://www.flickr.com/groups/artistpicks/discuss/72157642163035025/

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Let me initiate a blog post from a Flickr photo, with comment integration

There are plug-ins to enable comment integration with blog posts shared to Facebook or Google+. The recent frustrations with Facebook privacy provide a unique opportunity for photographers to consider Flickr for blog photo hosting and integrated interaction with a broader photo community.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Improve Flickr photo discovery in Google Search

I used to get 30% of my Flickr photos views from Google Search. That seemed to suddenly drop off significantly at some point after Yahoo acquired Flickr. Perhaps under SmugMug Flickr can be viewed by Google as no longer directly competing with Google assets? Perhaps it's worth approaching Google to see if they can restore appropriate search indexing for images on Flickr.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Bring Back Album Matrix Thumbnail HTML Embed Code Sharing

I loved being able to show more Flickr photos in less space than is currently available, and it helps refer my Web site viewers to Flickr!

Example at the bottom of this page:
    http://www.jeffsullivanphotography.com/blog/eastern-sierra-fall-colors-photo-workshops/

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Please consider adding the function to search portrait photos. (by face/eye detection, etc)

Please consider adding the function to search portrait photos. (by face/eye detection, etc)

206th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please reinstate the use of Auto-Complete of previously used personal tags

Of all the features that have been messed about with; the one that i miss most is the ability to have the Auto-Complete Previously Used Personal Tags facility on the image page after it has been loaded.
    I know that this facility is available at the time of adding the image prior to pressing the Upload Button, but i find that i think of relevant tags after the image has been loaded and find it tiresome to have to use valuable time and energy applying the appropriate syntax in the little box of the Add Tags function.
    The Auto-Complete function…

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Copyrights Feature: Block Screenshots/Print Screen on Flickr

Hello,

I'd like to suggest a missing feature which I think would be very useful for many users: a built-in code that blocks any screenshot/print screen attempt on Flickr.

It could work like many copyrighted websites use: by simply blocking the keyboard commands and displaying a friendly message....something like that:

"Like this amazing image? You can request the photographer "mr.xx-hyperlink" a print/or buy this image on Flickr by clicking here" IDK lol..

I feel like this feature could be like an extra copyrights protection and an incentive for customers and visitors to purchase our photographs and artworks / getting in…

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Replace the invite to group icon

Never update unless everything that people use is included in the update

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Sorting on Photostream by date/time of upload vs date taken.

Please allow sorting of photostream photos based on the date/time of upload instead of the date taken (or make it default). As a returning member, I have several photos from years' past that I'll be uploading, but it's highly frustrating to have the older images show up farther down the page when I upload, reducing the probability that they'll ever be seen.

206th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Link to photo page from home page images

For images displayed on the home page photosteam, please provide a link to the photo page as they do from Explore, etc. The pop-up window is anything but user-friendly, hindering any real interaction and making the overall experience rather annoying.

206th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Upload videos from Mac Photos app

Can you please update Flickr Uploadr for mac to upload also videos from the Apple Photos app?

30th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 180th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add Fujifilm X-E3 to Camera Finder

Could you please add the Fujifilm X-E3 model to the Camera Finder?

206th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Fix the stats issue please

please fix the stats so they work properly losing 400 views per upload cause they dont work correctly had 1400 total views only 1000 register

56th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make the selected album sorting order stick, please

Whenever I upload photos to my albums - which are mostly ordered by date taken (newst first) - newly uploaded photos are always displayed at the very end, so I have to go into Organizr each time to resort them and make the album use the selected sorting order.

It gets pretty annoying for albums one uploads just a couple of photos to every day. If the sort option was available on the album page itself, it wouldn't be such a problem, but going into Organizr and returning into the album afterwards requires a load of clicks - 8, to…

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Flickr map place suggesting

can you guys update your Flickr map and geolocation? because it's kinda outdated with some places and ways and landmarks and namings. alternatives: GoogleMaps. or you guys could just assimilate or interconnect or inter-sync with Google Maps so that Flickr maps wont be that inaccurate. If you know what I mean.

128th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please make it possible for us to see from which URL visitors came

In the old version of flickr statistics I was able to see from what URL my visitors came. I could see if it was a group or a gallery, or what website. With the current stats I sometimes get an info only on how many came from android, iphone, etc. I miss this feature, because this way I was able to track down if my images were published on websites without my permission. Please reinstate it when possible.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. increase or eliminate daily follow limits

I fail to see how following someone is considered spam. Allowing 20 new follows per day is hardly enough and, on some days, doesn't even allow you to return follows of new followers. Inconvenient and frustrating, especially on a newer account where you are trying to build.

41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Gigapixel Panorama Support

Please consider adding Gigapan Gigapixel Panorama support. I uploaded a 32meg panorama, but Flickr does not offer any way for user to zoom in and out pan and explore the panorama. It would be an amazing feature to add Gigapixel Panorama support in Flickr. Heck, Flickr should consider in acquiring the Gigapan company.

180th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base