US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 66th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request to Flickr: set the default for "Downloading" and "Share" to DISabled

At this moment "downloading" on the All Sizes page is by default set to *enabled* (from our Settings: *anyone*)
    This is also the case for the Share feature in our Settings.

In my opinion this gives the wrong message; the interpretation that "free to download" equals "Free to use" is an easy step.
    Same with Sharing: why would you be allowed to slap an image just anywhere you like, without taking into consideration that the photographer may not endorse that particular blog or site ?

Flickr could be an innovator, curbing this if-it's-on-the-net-it-is-free-to-take mentality by turning the default around: no,…

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. BUG: Switching from "Private" to "Public" deleted all existing Faves, and reset to zero.

This bug in the software still exists. I just changed a photo from private to public and it deleted the FAVES count. Photo had 5 Faves from group viewers, as of 2:00PM MST.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/wng555/33638165924/in/photostream/
    Switched to Public view, and Fave count reset to Zero!
    This bug has been in existence since the start of 2017. Please fix these bugs to your statistics, otherwise the features are meaningless.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. uploader counts too often again and again and needs too much resources

uploader counts too often again and again and needs too much resources. Should do that rare and use not more than 10-20% of CPU

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Photo Books with own-make Photos to sell them to other Users and Clandars and Puzzles too, like calvendo.de

it would be great when Flickr gives more Photo Products out to sell them. For example like fineartprint.de and Calvendo.de

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr Photo Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please remove the "profiles makeover" banner.

Please remove the banner, especially since I've clicked on it.

And the forum "reply" link is dead.

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. 279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Move album cover photo

Why can't you move album cover photos???

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. collections need to be easily accessi

I have over 6000 photos on flickr. They were organized using "collections". I need the "collections tab to be easily available so that I and others can find my photos. This isn't just a convenience, it is absolutely necessary. Please don't start some new way of organizing the photos. It would be impractical to go back and reorganize them now.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. uploader broken, when are you fixing the mac uploader failure

Please fix the uploader, I pay for this service yet it no longer delivers, what are you doing about it??

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Set limits on favorites for new accounts

Every day I have to police the people that fave photos of children on my stream next to photos of adult ****. Often I am removing my photos from their faves or outright blocking them. Their accounts get deleted. But then they make a new account and begin anew.

My Feature Request is this: Do not allow new accounts to set any favourites for 30, 60 or even 90 days. This should not adversely affect legitimate photographers.

At the very least limit how many favorites new accounts can set or the frequency that they can do it.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Change the album download feature to more smaller parts

At present nearly all large album zip downloads fail with an error.

This will probably be solved if all album downloads were limited to 100MB parts - even though this will mean more parts in many cases.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Transfer pictures from Showbox or other online storage

Anyway you can make it to where pictures from Shoebox or google photos can be transferred to Flickr? Seems that feature doesn't exist anywhere that I can find. It would free up more space on phones too

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. NEW BUG: Faves to photos inexplicably gets unFaved a few hours or days later!

I detected in recent week that photos that I've Faved, or people who have Faved my photos, would become un-Faved when I return to view a photo that I had already Faved. I keep track of Fave count to my photos, and detected a drop in count to some. I can't confirm that a person isn't simply unFaving my photo, but I doubt this, given that I can verify the photos I've Faved of another account, is becoming un-Faved and I'm not the one doing it.
    It just happened again 24 hrs ago. The only possible connection is that these…

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Bring back the mobile site!

I loved the easyness of the mobile site, to be able to see how many faves and comments I have in a single look. This is not an improvement!

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Mobile Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please fix the album slideshow URL link feature. I want a separate URL for my slideshow that I can use as a link for friends/clients

I used to send a URL link of my slideshow to friends and clients. Now the URL link takes me to my static photos not the slideshow. Please bring back a separate URL for slideshows. Pleeeaaassee!

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Flickr Pro members should be able to see the download statistics on who is downloading their photos

Flickr Pro members should be able to view the download statistics on their images.

127th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base