US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatically import the photo title

Return to auto importing title of photo as you upload. It worked previously, now there is just a long string of random numbers and characters which have to be deleted before title can be added. That IS NOT an improvement, it is extremely annoying to have to retype the title. Please fix!

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option To Go Back To Previous Style

You keep making changes that get worse and once we get used to the new change you make another. The new recent activity is horrible and not user friendly. It was nice to have the notifications and newly uploaded pics in one spot now i have to go into another area to look at notifications. In the old design it was easy to like we didn't even have to click on the image to like it and there were thumbnail views of multiple uploaded pics we could choose to look at IF we wanted to, this is just a bunch…

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  112 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Flickr Uploadr 3.2.1 not authorised anymore ?

Flickr Uploadr 3.2.1 not authorised anymore ?

I was using it until July 2017 to export from Lightroom to Flickr. it work like a charm and I loved it ( Mac OSX Sierra, LR6)
    Since last month it seems that Flickr does not authorise it any more. the uploader was logged OFF and i cannot log in anymore : it says "Flickr needs your permission ..." when i click OK it does not re-route to the flickr autorisation page anymore but to the main flickr page instead !?

Please help ! thank you for your support
    Flickr PRO member since…

164th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. BUG

Right click and save as option gives a folder of lots of thumbs from others. Needs to be fixed. It seems like a bug.

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Camera Search Engine

We use to have available in the Camera Search engine the ability to search ALL photos made by a specific camera now you have limited that search engine to just a few pictures . Very disappointed in that being taken away . I use to use that search a lot to find pictures taken by specific cameras .

212th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Update and check FlickrAPI

When I found a problem in using FlickrAPI on flickr. Tags. GetListPhoto, sometimes clearly exists about the picture of label on the web, but when using flickr. Tags. When getListPhoto doesn't show the related labels, such as "https://www.flickr.com/photos/shu6431/15609048587" I don't know why want to flickr can check in time we hope to have answered.

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mac Uploadr misses Photos title, description, location metadata

Annotated images in Photos lose all metadata when uploaded.

134th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Uploadr for Mac  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bug with searching images

When I make image search by specific lens and I open the images in full-screen, I have only 50 images to see and then they over. This is every time and it's a lot of boring. This is not persisting when you open a group and then look images in fullscreen. Please, fix it!

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. We need options for page layout.

Please bring back to feature to choose our page layout. I want to be able to have the albums of the first page of my stream.

For some of us, the albums and collections are a huge part of the creativity of our photography. The way it is set up, people rarely click on the albums anymore. They just scroll through the photostream, which is not as interesting if you ask me.

147th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Uploading bulk continuous flapping

Really Bad when uploading pictures in a bulk. Trying to upload 7260 pictures (aprox 200KB each) and continuously flapping with erros like response timeout (internet still working perfect). If there is some way to debug this i could send you the error.
    Using the app from android it works perfectly BUT it doesnt let me choose wich folder to upload, it automatically decide what folder to upload...
    Actually it is awesome that yahoo-flickr provides 1TB storage, but with this bad service i can not even reach 3% of the quota. Only uploading one by one or a maximun of some…

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Edit Issues

The New Edit feature doesnt work. If i try to crop a photo, there is no way to save the changes (or at least, its not apparent to me). When i tried to zoom, there was a save button ,but it didnt actually save my changes.

124th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. the about

it's missing a few thing from the profile : like ***, is it a male, female, couples or other page. Plus it missing the rankings they given you. you do not know if you are followed, friend or family

106th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please can you allow video clips to have the correct date created/modified, so we don't have to correct each one manually.

When videos are uploaded, the date created/modified is automatically changed to the date uploaded.
    I know it can be corrected manually, but when uploading several short clips it takes ages to do this.
    I know several people have already suggested it, so please consider doing it. Thanks

192nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Download all (my) pictures when having download limit? (Download Sync or Torrent)

If i would want to download all my pictures from Flick I would always get over my download limit of 500 GB (or 150 GB).
    Then I would have a speed cap, so that would it made impossible to download my pictures as a zip.

Example:
    I have 1500 GB pictures, that would take me 3 months to download, that would mean 3 months (or 10 when having download limit of 150 GB/month) without closing my pc (and internet connection), otherwise my zips would be corrupt.

So a FREE (download) sync would possible be an option, or an option to…

28th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add Mood Options like on Facebook (Except for the angry one)

Add mood options such as "WOW"and the sort

259th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Camera Finder: Add Missing Pentax and Nexus Cameras

The Pentax K-S1 and K-S2 don't appear in the camera finder like they ought to:

https://www.flickr.com/cameras/ricoh/

These cameras represent Pentax's budget cameras for a few years ago.

Additionally, there is no way to find Nexus 5x or 6p photos. These smartphones are common, have good cameras, a dedicated following, and should be added. Either put them under "Google" or their respective brands (LG and Huawei):

Google: https://www.flickr.com/cameras/google/
    LG: https://www.flickr.com/cameras/lg/
    Huawei: (doesn't exist)

164th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Is it possible to change how one edits photos in online albums so that one can select multiple photos to move within an album

Is it possible to change how one edits photos in online albums so that one can select multiple photos to move within an album and arrange some selected photos in in differing orders, eg select 10 photos in the album, move where they are in the album and then sort the order of only those selected photos (oldest t newest)

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. please make it an option to always select that one can select display page by page instead of rolling pages that you can not have control ov

please make it an option to always select that one can select display page by page instead of rolling pages that you can not have control over. The fast rolling pages do not allow you to get back to your place when you bookmark or during usage. Tumblr has this same problem

353rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. How to avoid seeing some types of photos when I open a new tab?

I am scared of photos of snakes. Quite often, when I open a new tab, these kinds of photos jumped out! is there anyway that I can still enjoy the beauty of different photos every time when I open a new tab, but I can also protect myself from disturbing photos? how to change the settings? thanks a lot!

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr Wall Art  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Compression reduces quality and it kills our photography (We are leaving!)

We use to keep flickr as the travel photo blog kinda thing, but now its moving away from that as the quality of uploaded photos are drastically reducing due to the compression making the our photography look really bad. flickr isn't mainstream social photography, but with what you're doing it might be, making so many of take off.

323rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base