US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. 41st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. The new LUMIX models have not been updated to show as a Panasonic brand. is it possible to add the new models (DC-GH5, DC-GH5S, DC-G9 etc)

The new LUMIX models have not been updated to show as a Panasonic brand. is it possible to add the new models so i can see photos from these cameras easily? (DC-GH5, DC-GH5S, DC-G9 etc)

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. embed album

Embedding Albums.

In the support article, it states that this should be possible, but there's no option to do it. https://help.yahoo.com/kb/flickr-for-desktop/sln22515.html

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I would very much like to be able to pick and choose who and what I see in my feed.

It would be great if we could pick and choose who and what is displayed in our feed. I have several people that I follow for the purpose of them being able to see my photos, but do not really want to see their posts. Or at least have the option to have them listed as friend or family and not have to actually follow their feed.

131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Selecting many photos at the same time!! and editing photo info!!

I wish I can edit the info of photos easy. On the net, selecting several photos at the same time and edit the dates which the photos were taken. It's really hard to edit info (dates, location, albums ... ) not selecting many photos at the same time.

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ads

Hello, I have been an enthusiastic Flickr user for some time, but I find ads between pictures very disturbing. I understand that there is advertisement on Flickr, but ads between pictures drastically lower the user friendliness of this website. I am very diasppointed that such measures are being taken on this website, which I used to percieve as a place designed for artists to express themselves and a community of sorts. Apparently, money is on the first place yet again.

131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop with the pages, make lists indefinetly scroll-able

Make "paged" lists, like the "recent activity" page and followers/following lists indefinately scroll-able instead so that all items can be seen on one page if wanted. (Or at least have an option on how many items to show per page, going up to 400 or some large number.). Going through numerous pages is just inconvenient and cumbersome no matter what one is trying to do.

131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. place recent favorites on the first page of favorites

When we upload to our own photostream or add a favorite, it appears on the first page. However, when another member adds our photo to their favorites, it falls to the last page. There is no navigation button to browse to that last page. Could you reverse the order of favorites, or give us a last page number to click? Thanks.

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Why are you preventing me from managing my account on my phone?? Is it all to get, not only me, but all users, to DL your stupid little app?

I have created multiple albums, added files to those albums, that were previously in albums that already existed &, then, after those files were moved over, deleted the files from the albums that they were originally in. When I go to look for the newly created albums...

They. Do. Not. Exist.

WTF are you doing this to me?!

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. backing up albums - title & description & tags, too

I wish to download my flickr labor - each photo, together with its title, description, and tags. If this is flickr photobook, that is good, but also I want to edit, so PDF or other electronic form of the albums or a la carte selected photos would add lots of value to the flickr universe.

183rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flickr Photo Books  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bug in Organizer: "Photos and Videos" shows only a fraction of all photos

I have noticed an interesting bug. There seem to be around 14k photos in my account, but when I go to the organizer, it reports only 1500 photos (https://www.dropbox.com/s/j0cv2sej6wp3x0x/Screen%20Shot%202018-01-09%20at%2011.50.06.png?dl=0). However, if I change the setting from "Photos and Videos" to only "Photos", I see all 14975 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/tc1vqarjax1lhoi/Screen%20Shot%202018-01-09%20at%2011.50.11.png?dl=0).

The problem is that the API also seems to return only 1500 images. I tried using one of the duplicate removers and it only processed the first 1500 photos, instead of all 15000. There seems to be some bug deeper down in the API...

68th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Please fix the network error when downloading a full album

Your posted article on multiple support/idea posts doesn't solve the issue of FAILED NETWORK ERROR.

Failed - Network error always happens when you download a full album.

This is not a network issue isolated to the user, this is on Flickr's end. I have used multiple computers and multiple networks with the same result, error.

I repeat, this is not on the USER's end. This is on YAHOO's end.

Please fix this.

85th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Photo Page & Photostream Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. It would be nice if we could send out messages other members in the flicker website .

It would be nice if we could send out messages other members in the flicker website .

131st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Keyboard shortscuts for web uploader

Hi,
    it would be nice, if some important shortcuts for deletion and set albums are working at the web uploader. This would make it more efficient / faster, to sort images on the fly.

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Comments from groups

I would suggest that we can stop or mute conversations where you posted or comment something long time ago, here and in the app. I still receive updates of comments of groups that I wrote many years ago.
    Thanks for your hard work, I love Flickr.

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. please add the Light L16 to the camera finder

Now that the Light L16 camera is shipping, images are starting to appear. Please add it to the camera finder and update the icon from a generic one?

here's the group with over 100 images so far: https://www.flickr.com/groups/3541818@N22/pool/

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. folders

Please let me organize my Photostream by folders.
    Set (Albums), Groups, Galleries and Collections are just list of links to the actual pictures on the Photostream. This means that the Photostream is the only Archive I can rely on, but it's a melting pot of hundreds, thousands on pictures of any kind, taken in very different situations. The only way to put it in order is to create folders, but I can't do it on Flickr. I waste a lot of time just to understand if the pictures in the Photostream are the same that I have in my desktop…

215th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base