US Flickr

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

If you need assistance of any kind, please visit our community support forum or find self-paced help on our help site. This forum is not monitored for any support-related issues.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Tell us how we can improve your Flickr experience.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Adding new photos with tags preset for albums

It would be nice to save time in organising new and existing photos if an album could be assigned a set of tags so that a photo added to the album would be automatically tagged with the preset tags.

If the photo was moved to another album, it would drop the previous album tags and instead pick the new album tags.

This is in addition to any tags manually given by you (album creator).

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
  2. 279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Mark Photos that have already been placed in a group.

When I'm uploading pictures to a group it would be great if a pink or blue border appeared around photos I have already placed in the group

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Users are wrongly picking "Public domain work" for obviously copyright images

Flickr provides two very similar options: "Public domain work" and "Public Domain Dedication (CC0)". The former is for works that are already in the public domain, such as a scan of an out-of-copyright photo. The latter is where photographers can make statement that they are releasing their work into the public domain. Furthermore, in countries that do not permit people to make sucha a release, it acts as a free copyright licence with no restrictions on use and resuse.

By picking the first tag for their photos, the legal value of such a tag is worthless. It indicates the user…

53rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. I do not want to see "featured" photographers in my feed.

I do not want to see "featured" photographers in my feed.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  5 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Report images of lenses/cameras which have been posted in the wrong group

There are lots of groups around that are explicitly designated to pool images from certain cameras or lenses (i.e. "Canon 5D Mark II" group or "Samyang 85 1.4" group). Often enough there are many random pictures in these groups which were not shot with the camera or lens in question. This is confusing if you browse these groups in order to look for images from these specific cameras or lenses.

I request a feature to report these pictures to the admin for validation. Or maybe even better an atuomatic response system that removes reported images once they cross a certain…

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. View activity since last post. In Recent Activity it would be useful to have an option to view only activity since my last post.

View activity since last post. In customize view of Recent Activity it would be useful to have an option to view only activity since my last post.Since last log on is no good for me because I log on regularly to view notifications, but only review them fully when I post my next photo.

155th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Create a Group Founder Category For All Groups

This has been brought up, discussed, and requested repeatedly over the last decade, yet Flickr has done absolutely nothing to fix the situation and address the issues with rogue administrators that at some point just take over a group and will not cooperate with any of the other admins who are trying to keep the group on track with its intended purpose!

As a group founder you may or may not have experienced this issue as of yet, but if you have granted admin privileges or intend to grant admin privileges to any member of your group, be forewarned that…

9th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  31 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Please add option to create an account for an organization that multiple people can access.

It would be great to have the option to create an account for our organization that multiple people can access - one login ID, one password. Can you do this?

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More control over photostream appearance

Giving users absolutely no control over how their photos are presented on the first page everyone sees is bizarre.

Even just some basic options like how the photos are tiled, or the spacing between photos would be great.

You only have to look at the number of users who manually add a white border to their photos, in order to make their photostream look better, to know this would be well-received.

Simply bunching as many photos into the space as possible in a dynamically resized window just isn't enough for people that care about how their photos are presented.

105th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Easier Group Photos

When you go to add photos to a group photo pool, photos you've already added or that are not eligible should not show up. It can take forever to click through your album before you find ones that are accepted.

140th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Group Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Please extend the camera finder results for Fujifilm X100F

Please extend the camera finder results for Fujifilm X100F

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Search Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Too many clicks to see photo details

When you click a photo there should be a way to see the details. With the current change you need to click the photo and then click the photographer to get to their stream, then re-click the photo you were just looking at to see the details. Suggest adding an icon (i) maybe, on the banner at the bottom where you click favorite, forward etc. so you can jump directly to the narrative and EXIF, location etc.

18th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Remove duplicate photos, of which there are many of the 492.

I personally can identify most of the people in the photos, as well as where they were taken. Most of them were either taken at Kelly Field or else on the Flying Circus No. 2 tour through the Mid-West from April 10, 1919 to May 10, 1919. In particular I have seen photos taken in Jackson, MS, Little Rock, Memphis, St. Louis, MO, Springfield, IL, Chicago and Milwaukee, among others. I also already have at least 100 better quality photos of these same photos, from the Lt. Franklin O. Carroll photo album. If someone was going to organize this website,…

167th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Others  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. When finished upload photos please go back to currently album page

When finished upload photos please go back to currently album page!!! always want me click very trouble!! become user friendly please.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Upload Experience  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How About Showing The Names Of The People Who Post Invites To Groups

Whenever I get an invite to post a photo into some group, I never see the name of the person who has sent me the invite on my photostream. When I receive an invitation to post a photo into a group I want to know WHO sent me the invitation so that I can send the person a "FlickrMail" message thanking them. Could Flickr PLEASE start showing the names of people who send out invitations to groups. Thanks sincerely. From Steven Chateauneuf. snc145.

203rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. BUG? Switching a photo from "Family" to "Public" deleted all existing Faves, and reset to zero.

Switching a photo from "Family" to "Public" deleted all existing Faves, and reset to zero.

I just detected this on one of my photos. There were 20 existing Faves already while the photo was set to Family and shared on Groups as well. Switched to Public a few days later and the Fave count went to Zero.

279th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Non-destructive photo editing

Non-destructive photo editing through Aviary would be great so you can always revert back to the original image.

Right now, you either have to keep your originals outside Flickr; or, have duplicates of the same photo in Flickr - the original plus an edited version. I do the latter since Flickr is my primary backup and storage option, which is a little clunky.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Request  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base