US Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. i can sign into yahoo answers,, but cannot pick a best answer to questions i ask this is nuts and a waste of my time

I can go to yahoo. and yahoo answers and ask a question but I cannot award best answer in any catorgery..this is nuts

102nd ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to sign in to Yahoo Answers

When I try to sign in, I am redirected back to the sign in page after my password is entered. Meaning the Yahoo Answers website never processes my email and password information when I submit it. I never get passed the sign in stage.

23rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. i need fast help

have problem.
    problem is {Sorry, we don't recognize this email.}
    why not recognize?????
    my mail is qrs_tsogoo2

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Answers E-MAIL not accepting emails that contain links to Answer's questions!

I tried to send an email to Answers about the serious problem about racist attacks and the email contains links to the questions. The email is not accepted because it "resembles spam" because of the links. Answers, you are having too many problems of late!

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Why can't I delete received email addresses when I want to forward anymore? I find the new changes really bad..

Why can't I delete received email addresses when I want to forward anymore? I find the new changes really bad

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Pop-up asks me to confirm that I want to leave the page after I answer a question.

Once I have answered a question, it should be obvious that I would want to leave the page - but it asks me if I really want to do that. Well, DUH! Now that I've answered, what ELSE am I going to do on that page?

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Back button doesn't work properly on Chrome based browsers

Hello,

Back button doesn't restore correct offset in the list of questions on Chrome, Chromium, Vivaldi...
    Same problem with Chrome on Android.

I have to open every question in a new tab...

It works on Firefox

Tested on French version of website (fr.answers.yahoo.com)

Thanks
    Ed

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Unable to edit my answer, rate answers, read or post comments to answers.

The links to edit my answer, thumbs up/down on my and other answers, and the comment link all appear and can be selected but nothing happens for an extended period; half an hour or more. I use Firefox on a desktop computer.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Question does not appear in the list

My question does not appear in the list although it appears as having gone through on the individual page for it.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. yahoo avatar will not update or change when i change it

when i change my avatar picture in account settings, it changes there but will not show on yahoo answers? when will this get fixed?

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Yahoo answers notifications not going to email?

Was curious if anyone else has noticed that even though the option is checked to get notified via email that an question has been answered, isn't getting an email notification from answer? If this problem is just on me, what can I do to finally fix it?

38th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Answers submitted are only visible to the poster.

When I submit an answer I can see it in the list of answers for that question. However, when the question is viewed by others (including the poster of the question) it often cannot be seen ! This has been a problem experienced by many users for well over a year and makes the whole purpose of YA futile. Surely somebody can fix this ?

13th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Notifications are not working anymore.

Notifications are not working anymore.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Fix the "About Me" section in the Q&A profiles

This has been broken for far too long and nothing has been done about it.

When I proceed to edit my "about me" on the Q&A Profile, I edit the text, then press save.

But when I go back to it, it has not updated the about me with the new information. It has the previous content.

This should have been fixed within 24 hours of it being reported initially. I want it fixed immediately.

75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Appeals Procee Needs Reviewing

YA is finally going all the way down the drain. Long time users are getting violations for good direct answers and now the appeal people are telling them good direct answers they have been giving for years are indeed violations of the rules. Yahoo, the last thing to bring the death of this site is to push your long time users out the door.

3rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

76 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Admin Amy responded

Agreed. We’re working on a new moderation system, including appeals.

18. This is how you increase security on Yahoo Answers!

*Introduce captcha code

*Make the "sources" filed mandatory for all answers.

*Change your coding and algorithms to auto detect that the language input into a submission is correct for the version of Yahoo Answers being used.

*Alter your algorithms to detect and prevent content not in adherence to the question and answer format. If a response sounds too much like a question

*Introduce a character minimum of 250 characters for all answers. If it's less than 250 characters, it's probably not very informative anyway.

*Temporarily suspend any user who fails to submit a profile avatar and profile page bio within…

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  7 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. HELP

Where the HELP button to start with. I cannot forward any emails today

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. 75th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)