US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Questions list missing Jan 15 2019

Questions list missing and other side panels missing

Jan 15 2019

45th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create alias

Would like the option to create multiple alias.Why was it removed?

70th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Have more options for replying.

Please let there be the option to reply to questions that are even 10 years old. It actually doesn't really matter if it is a decade old, as a question is a question. And, time flies by so much anyway.
    I'm on level 6, so maybe it is available on level 7. I doubt it.

30th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. DONT PUT UP A BOX WHEN WE ARE BLOCKED BY ASKER

IT IS A WaSTE OF TIME TO type answers that wont take and frustrating..

28th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. What do you think of the following recommendation for a new point system here?

Only keep a one year running total. All total points, best answers and percentages would only be based on the previous 12 months. New members do not receive any ranking until they have been here a year. There would be new levels developed based on the current spread of points for the past 12 months. Maybe give them names rather than numbers. All old points and a total would still be kept for historical purposes and shown in your profile.

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 70th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 70th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Being Blocked.

Spend minutes composing an answer to a Anonymous Question.
    When Submitting, find out that the person has blocked me.

Blocking should not be allowed when posting as Anonymous.
    OR the removal of the Answer/Reply Box, as when the person post in their account name.

19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Admin Amy responded

Agreed. This will be fixed in a moderation update in the medium term.

9. Too many ads.

There are too many ads......what has changed. Im unable to read my screen at times. john fowler

70th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  2 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Please keep awarding points for answering questions after "Best Answer" has been chosen

I often answer questions only to find out a best answer has been chosen. Some askers do not wait long to amass many answers and are quick to award their choice. I don't have all day to stay on Answers, but I am well-informed in my subject and have credible, correct information to share. It would be a good thing to award some points for correct participation even after a choice has been made....

36th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Chang reactions back to comments so we can go back to see if there any replies.

Chang reactions back to comments so we can go back to see if there any replies

49th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Now that the Help Community Forum has closed move the resources to Yahoo Answwers.

It is my understanding that nothing has been updated for over a year. For example Top Contributors, Top Answerers and the Leaderboard.

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Have a place you can actually ask a questio and not just pick from questions you chose

Have a place you can ask a question not just pick from your questions which do not address the issue

70th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Add a "HOT ROD" Section to Automotive group

By adding a "Hot Rod" section you can address questions about engine swaps, electrical issues, fabrication/welding and other areas that are specific to building non-stock vehicles.

58th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. stop giving me the error message that my question can't be posted and try again later.

It's not an idea it's a plea. Almost every time I try to post a question I get an error message saying "Sorry, we couldn't post your question right now. Please try again later." Please fix this already. It's been going on for years now.

49th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Answers vanishing from questions

I've noticed a few questions recently where I and a number of other users have answered questions, but returning to it later, all of the answers have vanished. I've received no email notification of any sort of moderation. The question still is there, but with no way to submit answers. What's going on here?

Example of a question where people answered, yet no answers appear now:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190104145304AAFS44e

36th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Answers disappear after editing.

For the past year or so my answers have intermittently not been visible to the community. It has taken me some time to realize that the disappearing act only happens after editing and resubmitting.If you submit an answer and don't edit then it can be seen by all. However if later you do some editing the answer then disappears from view for everybody except the poster.

49th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. If you do maintenance, please shut down the site completely

We can't edit our answers, can't comment, can't report... Better shut down the site completely and say in advance when (in UTC) it will be reactivated.

49th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please, allow an unlimited word limit for typing in the mobile version

If I write an answer with my PC and want to change a word or a letter with my mobile, it shows me red numbers "-321".

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Fix the leadership board where the actually best answers are posted/ What gives yahoo?

My best answer number has not moved in months and months and neither has anyone elses. Please fix the site

30th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Started  ·  Admin Amy responded

We’re actively restoring the systems that update the leaderboards and the best answer counts.

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base