US Answers

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. why am i unable to post on a discussion?

I try to join the discussion. Yet I disallowed. Confused?

104th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Reporting on yahoo answers doesn't work

I wanted to give examples on my other post about community moderation not working properly for over a year now but it wouldn't allow it.So a new suggestion was required,see the following:

1. Has Harrison finally died from his prostate cancer? | Yahoo Answers
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181023145754AAECSd6
    2. Who’s the biggest douchebag in the politics section? | Yahoo Answers
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181025173259AAeiD4n
    3. Any ideas on who is reporting answers and moving questions in CE? | Yahoo Answers
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181027124652AAqvByB
    4. Who do you think might have done this? | Yahoo Answers
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181027145203AAm3YnS
    5. Why does Dianne keep creating new accounts? | Yahoo Answers
    https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20181101231822AACOn9A

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Please - return back to the way it was ! I cannot navigate the new way you have it .. it is tooo difficult and confusing

Return back to the way you had it before you changed it to this - which I cannot navigate with.

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Remove the anonymous feature.

At least on Politics. All it does is encourage trolls to post racist, sexist, violent, insulting comments and questions, all things Yahoo should be trying to make more *difficult* instead of easier.

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I set my spam limits to allow spam to stay in the box

Allow for the user to adjust the volume of spam on their own without it being deleted immediately

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. It looks like you're rolling out a new user interface in small stages. I'd like to compliment your developers on the second version...

I left feedback about the first version earlier, but that seems to have disappeared. The problem with the first version (that I saw) was opening the answer editor as a popup on top of the question so one couldn't refer to it while composing an answer.

The newer version seems to have fixed that on the original answer and is an order of magnitude nicer than anything I've previously seen on Yahoo! Answers--and I'm in my second decade as a user there.

My suggestion is to keep that version (with a separate answer box) and use that as the basis…

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Quit using HORRIFIC GRAMMAR

"There's no answers" is grammatically incorrect. Whoever thinks it is correct deserves to have traumatic and horrific things happen to them!

94th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Get rid of repeat trolls

Why not have negative points. As long as they have negative points they can’t ask any questions. Don’t reset the count. If someone has -3000 points, they’re not contributing to Answers. That will get rid of a lot of trolls who keeps asking the same question.

Here’s James, the autistic troll who has a big behind fetish or a how strong does a woman have to be to lift him. Or how many times does he have to ask what’s wrong with this site.

Profile #1:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=HvabBEqVaa&t=k

Profile #2:
    https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=aDz69t5xaa&t=k

Does she have a big butt:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20191005042010AAZ5V2Q

How strong does…

51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Contact list for a club

I hate that you changed contacts to where you must print on Excel. I do not have Excel. When I tried to print, ALL my list, not the Club only members. Help!!!

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Questions on community moderation / reporting

1.Was the trusted rated system of community moderation phased out or still in place.Where users gained enough trust or reputation through accurate reporting of violating content on the site.When the system worked properly a single report could remove something.I had this ability myself.

2.Is community moderation broken or broken at some capacity where now it takes many reports for something to be removed.It just seems
    ineffective as it stands now.

3.Has anyone removed anything in the last 12 months,I sure haven't.

I don't know if any admins will answer the first two questions,what do other users say on third.

26th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Fix scroll on full page ads on mobile devices

I tried several mobile browsers. Scrolling often freezes and I need to close the browser to get past an add. "Accident" clicks are super likely and I hope that feature is not intended. Ads make sense, but they used to not be FULL page. It's a functional problem not a preference to limit marketing

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. 51st ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Stop deleting my ****!!

Stop allowing these report troll to falsely report!!! Then you don’t even leave a way to appeal you **** faced ****!!!!

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. 42nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. I do not like the way forwarding works in the new email. I don't get a clear picture of the original message and the attachments

Go back to the old email. Also I am now not getting my previously forwaredd emails with a message saying it can't reach the email. I went back to stop forwarding emails and I can't find the place where you change the forwarding when I try to change it....Things don't work right.

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Can you arrange it so that when you update your email address on Yahoo that group alerts stop being delivered to the removed address please?

Can you arrange it so that when you update your email address on Yahoo that group alerts stop being delivered to the removed address please?

Updated my email address on Yahoo account and deleted the old one. Yet I still receive Yahoo Group email alerts at the removed address! It was be nice if the new email address was now being used for correspondence updates instead of the old one which has been removed.

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. I should be able to go straight to a reply I get on my comments, why did Yahoo change that ?

Yahoo would be more respected if they quit messing with what works on their site ! When someone reply's to my comment, I used to be able to go straight to that reply. I think Yahoo is trying to discourage people (or just the Right) from using Yahoo ?

104th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Start maintaining Yahoo Answers or close it

I have been on Yahoo Answers almost since it started and have over a million points. When is Yahoo going to start maintaining it or close it? Following are problems that I see.
    It has been taken over by members who post ****** or vulgar questions and seem to have an inside group.
    I do not believe Top Contributor or Trust status is being updated.
    Reporting questions or answers seems to have no effect.
    The Top Answerers and Leaderboard are not being updated.
    The Yahoo Answers blog has not been updated for months.
    The "About Me" section in the settings…

9th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  6 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base