I suggest you ...

Fix Yahoo! Answers

It is 22 June 2017 and Yahoo! Answers is not working.

107th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
me shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • that one dude commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

dude when isn't yahoo broken I had some of my questions get flagged and removed yet they are still there but all the answers are gone come on yahoo fix this place

• clobird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is September 24th, and Answers is not working yet again. New questions don't post, or disappear soon after posting.Answers should let people know when they are having problems and that they are actively working to fix the problems.

• Tim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can comment on a person's response and add my own ON ALL topics except nudity related questions. All I get on those is the relevance on askers question or flag on all others and I don't get the add my comment box at the bottom. What gives

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

quite a few of those things reported asid wrong URL and i could not appeal so what good are those emails? system has been messed up for over month..

• En Tidtil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I don't know about others but when I do manage to find a new question and try to answer it, I get a "SORRY WE ARE HAVING PROBLEMS" message. I firmly believe that Yahoo is continuing to cut back their Y/A staff to the extent that the site now is basically useless.

It is July 20,2017 and no new questions have been posted in the category I visit regularly---no new questions have been posted for over a week, and some questions have disappeared, only to be found in my personal profile because I answered them. No one at Answers seems to be fixing any of the on-going problems! They used to let users know when things were being worked on---it is better to let users know!

July 16,2017, and nothing has changed! Isn't there someone at Answers reading these comments?

It is July 15,2017 and the same problems persist! Yesterday new questions were posted, today they have disappeared only to be found under my profile because I answered them. The questions show that they SHOULD be posted under the thread I was in this morning, but AGAIN, the case of the disappearing question remains!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Clearly Y!A doesn't monitor these complaints. The issue is real, and has happened before. As it stands, the site is almost un-usable.

• Marc Oliveras Galvez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I also experienced some problems with YH. For example, if I go to Mathematics category, the first questions appear correctly, but then jumps from "46 mins ago" to "7 days ago" and I can't see the middle questions. I'm not sure if it's a bug or not.

It is July 13th, and no new questions have been posted in the category I visit; questions I[ve answered have also disappeared!

• Jerry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Question flow has been broken for a week. In some sections you may see a new question or two, but they disappear quickly leaving nothing less than a week old.

This has happened multiple times to YA over the past couple of years.

• cathugger commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same recurring problem. Looks like new questions are not getting indexed for search. Everything Search or Saved searches pulls up is old. Popular topics like Android and car have no NEW questions findable by search,

Feedback and Knowledge Base