I suggest you ...

Start maintaining Yahoo Answers or close it

I have been on Yahoo Answers almost since it started and have over a million points. When is Yahoo going to start maintaining it or close it? Following are problems that I see.
It has been taken over by members who post ****** or vulgar questions and seem to have an inside group.
I do not believe Top Contributor or Trust status is being updated.
Reporting questions or answers seems to have no effect.
The Top Answerers and Leaderboard are not being updated.
The Yahoo Answers blog has not been updated for months.
The "About Me" section in the settings can not be updated.
You can not use a percent sign in a question.
The majority of the categories are for travel and food locations that are too unique to be of use.
New categories need to be added as recommended by users.
It seems that the only thing that Yahoo is working on is mail.
There was a help forum that ran for over a year that Yahoo closed.

24th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Barkley Hound shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • clobird commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Trolls are out of hand. I regularly report the wrong-doings, the racist attacks, the just mean-spirited attacks, the ranting, all things that go against guidelines and sometimes something is done about the problems. But, too much racist material, attacks against other genuine, contributing members takes place many times DAILY. I've sent many an e-mail listing the trolls, the attacks, HOW material is against Answers guidelines and MUCH of the offending material remains. Add to that trolls purposefully moving questions onto wrong categories and what we have is a mess. And by doing nothing OATH AIDS and ABETS the behaviors.

The points system does no accurately list actual best answer numbers.

Best Answers need to return to community voting when the asker does not choose.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would prefer it gets fixed, but it looks like Verizon/Oath has other priorities for now.
    Mainly staff cuts and the drive for profit.

I'm sure the remaining staff are enduring under difficult conditions.

• T commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The points system is still not fixed either,points should be reset to 0 each week.

• dixie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I just wished they would do something about all the question moving. They really should fix this place or have it disappear

Feedback and Knowledge Base