US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Answers submitted are only visible to the poster.

When I submit an answer I can see it in the list of answers for that question. However, when the question is viewed by others (including the poster of the question) it often cannot be seen ! This has been a problem experienced by many users for well over a year and makes the whole purpose of YA futile. Surely somebody can fix this ?

10th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Spam Filter hides answers after small edits (after initial post)

Spam filter is hiding answers after a small correction of typo or errors.
    So after initially posting an answer , I go back to the answer and edit it by correcting
    small typos. Then, the answer disappears from the site.
    I can still see the answer, but the answer count goes down
    and other people I know on the site can no longer see my
    answer.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Appeals Procee Needs Reviewing

YA is finally going all the way down the drain. Long time users are getting violations for good direct answers and now the appeal people are telling them good direct answers they have been giving for years are indeed violations of the rules. Yahoo, the last thing to bring the death of this site is to push your long time users out the door.

5th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    57 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Being Blocked.

Spend minutes composing an answer to a Anonymous Question.
    When Submitting, find out that the person has blocked me.

Blocking should not be allowed when posting as Anonymous.
    OR the removal of the Answer/Reply Box, as when the person post in their account name.

12th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please, allow an unlimited word limit for typing in the mobile version

If I write an answer with my PC and want to change a word or a letter with my mobile, it shows me red numbers "-321".

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I am not seeing my contacts questions they follow, upvote, or answer, is there someone who fixes these issues working for yahoo

I need to know where I can find a fix for this; there used to be a link so yahoo could come in and fix issues like this. Does anyone know where this gear went to?

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. give us back our username

We've been question marks for way too long already

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Messenger still appears as an option for getting notifications under "Preferences"

In the Answers section, when you click to edit your user preferences, go to "Privacy Settings" and you will see an option to Answers Community Can contact me via Yahoo Messenger

since Oath discontinued Yahoo Messenger, this seems to be one spot that QA missed

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. No notifications, No History

Cannot get any interaction with the boards.
    No way to check answers.
    No way to see Questions or Answers, no notifications of what is going on regarding my answers or questions.

Q & A is all but dead.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base