US Answers (archived)

Update: This forum has been archived. 

New Yahoo Answers feedback forum: https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/924010

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Emails in Yahoo answers don't work....

Hello.

Although I allowed the emails in my Yahoo answers profile and saved the settings, nobody is able to write me.
    I ask the question on here, because of I don't where write you for this type of problem.

I thank you in advance.

Catherine

58th ranked
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Under review  ·  2 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Please, see that:

429/5000
    My question posted in the astronomy and space sector does not appear in the sector:
    Vocês acham que crescimento das teorias da conspiração como 'O homem não foi à Lua', 'A terra é plana', etc, está fazendo alguém lucrar?

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix a bug in Latest Version of Yahoo - new tab opens with about:blank when you click on messages.

Hey Yahoo. Fix your latest version. When clicking on any message a new tab opens with about:blank. Can't find any setting that will fix the problem. Problem started today after overnight windows update. Classic Yahoo doesn't have the problem. Please Fix the Bug.

102nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. 93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. we cannot post answers please fix and we cannot make emails either...what is going on?

we cannot make emails and we cannot answer questions..Please fix

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Yahoo Answers keeps on asking me to log in

Yahoo Answers keeps on asking me to log on, yet every time I try to log on it will not allow me to, even though I'm logged on to my email and Yahoo News.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. FIX ANSWERS TOO MANY BUGS

Answers does not let me stay signed in--every question leads to signing in and the ReCaptcha does not work. The report abuse button is not working and the thumbs-down choices do not stay counted.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. 74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Upgrade the Yahoo Answers' server!

I had to actually stop using Yahoo Answers on the Safari browser because it caused my computer to make the motor run really loudly.

I switched to the Firefox browser and now even Firebox is giving me an error message on the top on my screen
    "A webpage is slowing down your browser. What would you like to do? "
    With the options [stop it] or [wait]

Cleary your server is atrociously bad. You need to upgrade this to something that isn't slowing down the browsers. You are not a small company and I expect better!

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. There is a glitch with the thumbs down rating

I nave noticed that the thumbs down rating I have given some answers disappears and I have to continually check and make sure the ratings remain posted. The answerers are trouble-causing trolls who use Answers to rant and attack and post lies, not give truthful, researched replies to questions.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Spam Filter hides answers after small edits (after initial post)

Spam filter is hiding answers after a small correction of typo or errors.
    So after initially posting an answer , I go back to the answer and edit it by correcting
    small typos. Then, the answer disappears from the site.
    I can still see the answer, but the answer count goes down
    and other people I know on the site can no longer see my
    answer.

45th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Answers vanishing from questions

I've noticed a few questions recently where I and a number of other users have answered questions, but returning to it later, all of the answers have vanished. I've received no email notification of any sort of moderation. The question still is there, but with no way to submit answers. What's going on here?

Example of a question where people answered, yet no answers appear now:

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190104145304AAFS44e

32nd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. feb 3rd 2019, glitch eating chunks of feed is back

going down the "answers"-sorting you see questions up to several hours old, and then suddenly questions posted 3-4 weeks ago.

can this be fixed?

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Answers disappear after editing.

For the past year or so my answers have intermittently not been visible to the community. It has taken me some time to realize that the disappearing act only happens after editing and resubmitting.If you submit an answer and don't edit then it can be seen by all. However if later you do some editing the answer then disappears from view for everybody except the poster.

93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Please check email functions - I do not receive a message if getting a best answer.

Please check email functions - maybe, there are more than one bug.

74th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Questions list missing Jan 15 2019

Questions list missing and other side panels missing

Jan 15 2019

93rd ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. stop giving me the error message that my question can't be posted and try again later.

It's not an idea it's a plea. Almost every time I try to post a question I get an error message saying "Sorry, we couldn't post your question right now. Please try again later." Please fix this already. It's been going on for years now.

58th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Please, allow an unlimited word limit for typing in the mobile version

If I write an answer with my PC and want to change a word or a letter with my mobile, it shows me red numbers "-321".

30th ranked
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Feedback and Knowledge Base