US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Yahoo answers notifications not going to email?

Was curious if anyone else has noticed that even though the option is checked to get notified via email that an question has been answered, isn't getting an email notification from answer? If this problem is just on me, what can I do to finally fix it?

33rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Answers submitted are only visible to the poster.

When I submit an answer I can see it in the list of answers for that question. However, when the question is viewed by others (including the poster of the question) it often cannot be seen ! This has been a problem experienced by many users for well over a year and makes the whole purpose of YA futile. Surely somebody can fix this ?

12th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  9 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Get rid of the question moving feature

The level seven question moving ability has been abused to death and people with too much free time on their hands are ruining many peoples yahoo answer experience. People shouldn't have to waste hours and hours having to battle with abusive users moving questions for who knows whatever reasons. This feature is driving away users and making the site miserable. If anything let people move their own questions but don't give other people power to move other peoples questions.

28th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fix the "About Me" section in the Q&A profiles

This has been broken for far too long and nothing has been done about it.

When I proceed to edit my "about me" on the Q&A Profile, I edit the text, then press save.

But when I go back to it, it has not updated the about me with the new information. It has the previous content.

This should have been fixed within 24 hours of it being reported initially. I want it fixed immediately.

64th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  4 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. 88th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. update our address please

The address for Schwab Residential Center is as follows:

680 Serra Street,
    Stanford, CA 94305 USA

Please update asap. The current address and map placement you have for us is wrong. Please call 650.725.6880 if you have any questions

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 19th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  11 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Stop deleting my ****!!

Stop allowing these report troll to falsely report!!! Then you don’t even leave a way to appeal you **** faced ****!!!!

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Youtube Solicitors

https://answers.yahoo.com/activity/questions?show=JRZ4vTgNaa&t=k

Whatever happened to the old days where youtube solicitors would get their accounts suspended? Click on his links and see how all the videos are posted by Peter Chao.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop blocked trolls from still answering posts in the comment boxes of other people who answer.

Trolls who have been blocked can still torment their blocker by using other peoples comment boxes. If they are blocked, they should be completely blocked. They should not be able to leave nasty comments in the comment boxes of genuine people who have answered a question in good faith.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Appeals Procee Needs Reviewing

YA is finally going all the way down the drain. Long time users are getting violations for good direct answers and now the appeal people are telling them good direct answers they have been giving for years are indeed violations of the rules. Yahoo, the last thing to bring the death of this site is to push your long time users out the door.

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    76 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Planned  ·  Admin Amy responded

Agreed. We’re working on a new moderation system, including appeals.

12. 97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Please stop these fake reporters from taking away all my points for nothing.

Please stop these people from taking all my points on none violations. Its unfair and I have a right to my answers. Im not cursing anyone. Just posting. And I come back and 40 points are stolen I call it. ITS WRONG YAHOO!

28th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. 23rd ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Suggestion for an alternative to CAPTCHA!

I've noticed that CAPTCHA codes are now required every time we post anything on Yahoo Answers. This is extremely annoying.

I would suggest taking a tip from Reddit and give more active users a timeout burst when posting too much.

For example, after they post three questions or answers in a row, a warning could appear stating "you are doing that too much ... please wait 3 minutes before posting again"

After the user has received a certain amount of thumbs up on their content, they should then be allowed to post more content without a timeout. Let's say they…

64th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Go back to original Yahoo answers ! Too hard to use sort by date.

Go back to original Yahoo answers ! Too hard to use sort by date.

37th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. LET ME POST A QUESTION

I have tried multiple browers and multiple devices. I've been trying to post a question for half of the day, doing the dang capchas, following all suggestions and then getting denied. This is unacceptable.

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Please give us a way to block Huffpost ****

We need a way to get rid of this ****

97th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 88th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 50th ranked
    Vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)