US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

Welcome to our Yahoo Answers feedback forum! This is a place for you to help shape the Yahoo Answers experience. We review the most popular, feasible ideas from this forum to make positive changes to Yahoo Answers.

Here are some guidelines for using this forum:

1. Please search and vote before posting! If your idea (or an idea very similar to yours) has already been posted, please vote for it. Duplicated ideas may be moved.
  2. This forum is for feedback and ideas only. Unfortunately, we cannot provide support here. For support, please visit our community support forum or find answers on our help site.
  3. For password or sign-in feedback or suggestions, click here.
  4. Please do not post personal information (such as email addresses, phone numbers or names) on the forum.

The Yahoo product feedback forum requires a valid Yahoo ID and password. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please, allow an unlimited word limit for typing in the mobile version

If I write an answer with my PC and want to change a word or a letter with my mobile, it shows me red numbers "-321".

23rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Indicate questions that have been viewed or opened in the browser.

So when we open a question in any category or in our activity page the link colour should change from blue to purple.That signifies which questions have been opened or viewed in the browser.

24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. allow an unlimited word limit for typing in details on questions please

I recently asked a question and tried to add as much detail in the description box as well for the situation. come to find out theres a word limit, and when youve already typed out everything it is very troublesome having to keep "updating question" over and over again to get every last word out.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. I am not seeing my contacts questions they follow, upvote, or answer, is there someone who fixes these issues working for yahoo

I need to know where I can find a fix for this; there used to be a link so yahoo could come in and fix issues like this. Does anyone know where this gear went to?

35th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Please get rid of the shadowy texts that are hard to see

They light ghosly texts in a very light grey or blight blue are very hard to see for people who have eye problems.
    If you don't know what I mean they are posted under each question on the board and also in our profile page .For example look at the word "More" and you will figure it out.

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. give us back our username

We've been question marks for way too long already

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Not posting questions

Not getting questions posted, but they are still taking 5 points from me. If you are reading this yahoo, please explain why. This has been going on for a few weeks now. If you have suspended my account let me know.

36th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Messenger still appears as an option for getting notifications under "Preferences"

In the Answers section, when you click to edit your user preferences, go to "Privacy Settings" and you will see an option to Answers Community Can contact me via Yahoo Messenger

since Oath discontinued Yahoo Messenger, this seems to be one spot that QA missed

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Fix the leadership board where the actually best answers are posted/ What gives yahoo?

My best answer number has not moved in months and months and neither has anyone elses. Please fix the site

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. No notifications, No History

Cannot get any interaction with the boards.
    No way to check answers.
    No way to see Questions or Answers, no notifications of what is going on regarding my answers or questions.

Q & A is all but dead.

29th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Filter by No Answer

I used to be able to filter by no answer and I don't see it. When answering math there is likely 1 answer and is redundant to go through the effort when it's already solved.

I

21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Please fix the Leader Boards in the Royalty threads.

I have been the top best answerer in this thread for years. My name has disappeared. My account is still active, I answer questions every day--what has happened to my points?

17th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Let us change profile pics again

We should be allowed to change the profile pictures

3rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    50 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Agreed. This will be done when the profiles are updated. Users will be able to have a profile picture and name separate from their Yahoo Account.

You should be able to update your picture by updating your Yahoo Account again. This was fixed.

14. Please let users pick the "Relevance" menu....nothing that pops up is 'relevant' to me...

I only want to see "newest" or "most recent", as my sole reason most days to pop in here is to help others by answering their questions.
    Some Brainiac decided to remove the date stamp thingie that always used to be on the questions....this is invaluable to we who spend a lot of time perusing. HUGE waste of time to read or answer a question that is years old...my favourite is when I chose a question and it's one I answered years ago, AND got best answer on!
    Do any of you actually act as users and try to manouver…

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. why are Trolls allowed to post anonymously?

the 'Post as Anonymous' Feature is nothing but Troll bait... it allows people to post question with no way of know who they are or how to stop them...
    It's bad enough "Block" doesn't apply the 'warning label any more, but now any one can hide behind that little spy mask and ask The Dumbest, or most offensive question; and it stays up until Admin Reacts

1st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    468 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. let us know when people comment on our answers

Just notify us when they comment on our answer and then we can get back to them.

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Don't allow level 7 non askers to edit categories

Allowing level 7 users to move questions that aren't their own is a bad idea and it's open to feature abuse. This is already happening with questions belonging in the Yahoo!Answers sections being placed in Other- Yahoo Products.

2nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    160 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Prevent askers from submitting an answer to their question

On many occasions I see questions where the asker has added some extra detail, but not by updating/editing their question. Instead, the asker has submitted an answer to the question to add the additional information.

There are two problems with this:

1) It is not immediately obvious that the extra detail has come from the same person that asked the question.

2) As the answers are displayed in different orders depending upon when they were submitted and what thumbs up and thumbs down they have received, the extra information can appear completely out of context.

I propose that Yahoo modify…

7th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is a good idea. Askers should use the “update” function, not the answer function on their own questions. I suppose there is a use case where askers find the answer to their own questions and want to share it. I’ll have to do more research on this matter.

2 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base