US Answers

ANSWERS new Suggestion Board

This page replaces the old Suggestion Board for the Yahoo Answers site.

When posting a new thread, please choose a category from the list at the right.

For spam this is the replacement Spam Battle thread
https://yahoo.uservoice.com/forums/211240-us-answers/suggestions/5869093-new-spam-battle-thread

Have more suggestions for Yahoo? Become a Yodeler!
Yahoo Yodelers is an exclusive group of loyal users that help shape the online experience for our users. As a Yahoo Yodeler you’ll get exclusive access to unreleased features, engage with our community of passionate users, and take a look behind the scenes as we create new products and content. Give us your honest opinions and bright ideas and you’ll influence the way millions of people see the world.

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Please fix this critical edit bug!

Now with the new site, when you edit, 60% of the time your edits vanish forever!

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Bugs or Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Where are your answers to our questions?

What happened to company news for securities in my portfolio. There is NONE.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  General Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. bring back oldies

bring back oldies

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. My question was deleted because?

Because deleted my question? I did not infringe any rule? I'm very upset! I did not like this new format, I think I'll delete my account

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Suggest you atleast put a button on catagories for everything

You should also add a page in categories to answer all questions instead of just having different categories. I dont think many people like the set up so you have to choose between different categories i think people liked the way it was before. I know myself ive barely been on here since the format changed.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Feature Suggestion  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. please include a reply option to all answers to my question so that i can interact to people who reply to my ques. like facebook

its so stupid not being able to reply to an answer to my q. coz sometimes its important but u feel like crippled , y the heck w'd u do that, now youtube and facebook both have reply option to each comment, when w'd u learn

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Please add a Guns category!

Please add a Guns category. Currently all gun related posts are thrown into the hunting category for no apparent reason. "What gun is best for home protection" "I need a part for this gun" "I'm thinking of buying an AR 15" etc. etc.

For every one hunting question there are ten gun questions. Given that gun ownership is on the rise in this country as is the interest in guns, it would be prudent to add a category just for guns.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. PRE-ANNOUNCE new Formats - show/tell the improvements over existing version

Why not due as other software designers to in their later versions. First announce the change in a bordered announcement above all the forums on questions page. Also list several if not all of the advantages to be expected there.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Pls. get back to the OLD (better) layout or some of us may get tired and move elsewhere.

The NEW layout:
    DOESN'T show all subcategories (requires more clicks to get there);
    SHOWS same questions several times (an old bug got WORSE);
    DOESN'T show total points.
    Get us back to the OLD page layout and organization.
    You've got plenty to improve if you really want to. The last "upgrade" was a total failure IMHO.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. My account cannot send questions on the site!

My account is HenryLovesAsking and I cannot send my question to the site for 2 tries

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. No, I dint like this new look.

Its not a good design. The Stats option is removrd and it is not as much easy as the old one.
    Totally unsatisfi

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Feb 2, 2014 - Your new version is aweful. Please restore the old version and you Yahoos (Gulliver's Travels) work on it and don't disrupt.

How can I say this.. You did something seriously wrong with the new version. It is slow and has a lot of 'junk' on the panel. Please keep the old and only make changes after a successful 'beta' test. Keep this up and you will lose half your customers. Because you wanted to include as many things as possible on a panel, you made the print smaller. The 'Techies' are 100% wrong.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My questions do not appear in questions list? >:(

Ever since you guys changed the old layout into this rubbish, I can't post questions. I mean, I CAN post them but they do not appear in the questions list!!! In other words I do not get any answer at all but I do get an e-mail to extend the question. I can post a visible question like twice a month.
    When are you guys going to fix this? This is mind killing!

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. continuous questions appearing in new format

After answering a question , you get shot back to the top of the question page. Time consuming to find at what spot you were reading questions before. I like the new view but what I mentioned is annoying.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ask Questions doesn't tell you your question is submitted

When you submit a question there is no confirmation that the question has been submitted. I ended up pressing it 3 times confused as to why my page wasn't going or taking me anywhere. I had to check my activity page and realised that I lost 15 points due to your stupid *** system.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Yahoo Answers

I'm unable to post a question as it keeps saying that the servers are down or something.

2413th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Provide more help with malfunctions

Whenever I try and ask a question, a message pops up saying that the systems are down and to try again later. How can I fix this? I checked on Yahoo Answers Help, and it did the contrary of its name.

4031st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base