Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

993 results found

1. Password

I should not have to change my password. This is something that should be up to me if I want to keep the one I have. This is just really a way to try to get my phone number by saying if I forget.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. log in and password should be on the same screen

I notice the last few days when I log in to yahoo im entering my SN on my screen and my PW on another. it doesn't even let me know im logged in its like I have to go to the drop down look for yahoo and click the link to open my Home page. WHY?
    log in and PW should be on the same screen and its asking me to save some weird ex: KTYSPJD.login to the computer for future log in. I get you guys are trying to keep up with times.. BUt I been having yahoo since…

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. For the past week I have had trouble accessing my e-mail. I'm tired of going through changes in password and secret codes sent to other dev

For the past week I have had trouble getting access to my e-mail. I am tired of constantly having to change my password and getting secret codes sent to another device every time I want to read an e-mail. Please give me a human being to call so that I can resolve whatever at Yahoo is blocking my access. Have you changed your system to something that has flaws?

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Can't access email

Trying to access my email accounts and this new format is for the birds! I input my email address, click on continue, then enter my password and when I try to access the account I get a message I have to open some JPSON file which does not open! I have to keep going to HELP to get a code to get into my accounts. WHAT IS GOING ON YAHOO.....STOP FIXING THAT THAT DOES NOT NEED FIXING!!!!!

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. i would like to have option of blocking spam in such way that it never appears in any folder, spam or any..

sometimes we need to see spam folder for mistaken spam mail, and that is why spam needs to be clean,

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I am about as disgery vusted with a website as I can possibly get. For the past three months every ti

Fix your lousy service. For the past three months I have had to log in with a new user code every time I try to log in on the same computer. Also I cannot forward my e-mails under bcc It will not let me add the recipients. If i could I would switch to another service.

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Leave things alone. Quit asking me to update to newest version, it stinks!! Yahoo used to be my main e-mail. No More

Every time you improve you downgrade your product. I used to use Yahoo as my main e-mail. The only reason I haven't closed the account is some old contacts don't have my new address. I never use the Yahoo search engine anymore, google has become superior in every way. What a tragedy.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Didn't think you could make sign in a pain in the butt, but you managed with the separate screens for name and password

Stop screwing around with things that weren't broken. Find something else for your tech staffers to do, like play scrabble, chess, or poker, or send them over to bother Gmail or something

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. basic

Again..yes switching back to basic I am able (and as it gloriously was) to type one letter in the (TO) box and all the addresses pop up for me to chose ...wonderful..but again i do not get the extra conveniences associated with the newer versions(not this extra new one from Jan 10,2016.

37th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I hate this. I want my old yahoo back.

Get RID of this new version NOW.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I need a better way to delete over 11000 emails ...I cant sit and do 100 @ a time

You need to create a field where you cant delete mass emails...I have over 11000 I want to get rid of.....clear my whole account...you have just a 100 at a time...when you start it so slow I would be here till next year.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the email search

A search of my email often doesn't return all the correct results.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. why are my emails being marked as read on arrival when I have clearly said in my settings NEVER for this. I have tried different browsers.

This is happening across my devices and across my browsers. I have searched online but can't find a solution. Please help or I'm ditching my yahoo account that i've been using for over 10 years as important mail is being missed because of this.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Stop Auto Play and Auto Audio.

It is invasive, annoying and unwanted.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. 120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Ad feedback  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Unable to open mail if traveling to another country provided a telephone number is given and you are unable to use that phone number while

I am unable to open my mail when traveling to another country due to yahoo security issue. I have provided my phone number. So when I login from a different country, yahoo is doubtful and prompt to send a code to the registered mobile number. What if I don't use my registered phone in the country where I am travelling ?. My registered phone may not work in a different country. That means you are lost the access if you provide your mobile number. SO DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Search Email does not work

Email searching does not work in either the old or new Yahoo Mail. In the old version it triggers an error and in the new version it returns zero results, even if I type in something from a recent email.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. I asked you to stop geo-checking upon log-in, because some people use VPN

But you still go on checking. How should I receive a security code at another mail account given they apply the same logic as you do?! And don't resort to the SMS way-out: I have a number of SIM cards in the varuous countries I visit, so would not know which one to give you.

The bottomline: I don't want you to care about my security other than that you keep your hard- and software in good running shape. Let my personal organisation be my personal matter.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Fix the mailbox so that it doesn't show that you have gotten e-mails when you haven't.

For instance, Mine keeps saying that I have got 3 or 4 new e-mails but when I go to my inbox, there is nothing new there. May have a lot more spam then usual, but nothing in my mailbox. I know this may be a free service, but some of us has better things to do then go to an empty mailbox to read something that it says is there and it is not. This does it most in my toolbar. It will show mail when it don't. Please fix it.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base