Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

111 results found

1. Fix browser recognition

Yahoo Mail is not recognizing Vivaldi, a browser built on the Blink rendering engine, which is also used in Google Chrome. I strongly suspect Vivaldi can render Yahoo Mail just fine, and I'm not going to "upgrade" to one of the big three browsers just for Yahoo Mail.

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. I want to have list of unread messages only

Let there be a button that shows only unread messages rather than having to search for unread message in the mist of read message(s). This is really necessary because recently, a message that has been read over 3 week ago will suddenly appears as unread and now, you need to start searching for the message in an ocean.

70th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. i want the old yahoo and **** all these facebook messages just for it to take me longer to clear my e-mails -- i,ll rather use g-mail or so

it seems everyone wants old yahoo back -- why take something that works fine and call yourself fixing something not broke -- i,ld rather go to g-mail or something if we can,t have the old yahoo

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Yahoo is no longer user friendly

You have upgraded the email system so much that it is no longer user friendly. Back off the upgrading, remove the last upgrade and give me my email back. I have switched back to basic because this new system is too difficult to maneuver. The upgrades you are doing SUCK! and it just looks like someone is upgrading **** to keep their job.

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Tabs in basic version is missing

I can't work with this new version. everything takes sooo long.
    the window changes it size all the time and I can't reply an email like that.
    I switched back to the basic version but I miss the tabs.. can't open few email on the same time and switch between them.
    Also, "Enable conversations" is a good option to add to the basic version, but only as an optional.
    I wish you had a phone number because it is difficult for me to express myself and explain everything in English and in writing...

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Do NOT AUTOMATICALLY EMPTY TRASH FOLDER!!! I absolutely cannot STAND this flippin feature! Please..

Whenever I end up needing an email I deleted, I cant go back and retrieve it..why? Because my Trash folder is automatically emptied. I am hoping you can retrieve my recent DRAFT email that I SAVED and cannot find. Im ****** because I needed that. If its not retrieved and the possibility of the auto Emptying of the Trash folder not being resolved. Im so gone. We need room for error and automatically deleting stuff takes away the second chance most of us need.

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Fix Yahoo Mail so attachments can be used 3/20/15

AGAIN YAHOO MAIL will not do attachments when sending messages, fix it or stop your mail completely so users won't get so frustrated - been using Yahoo for years and it keeps getting worse every time you do a GREAT CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Easier Method to Block Email Addresses

I continually get the same spam messages from the same senders. They come in at such a high rate - sometimes 100 per day - that it makes it impractical to copy each sender's email address then go to the Options page where I can then PASTE in the address. There SHOULD be an easier way to accomplish this task ... such as adding a function to the drop-down Actions list called "Add to Block List." A pretty simple fix I think to help users cut down on spam!

3rd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Yahoo as home Page...

I do NOT appreciate the constant harassment of being bombarded with setting yahoo up, as my home page. If I wanted that, I could very well do so through my web browser.. STOP the BS with that.!!!

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Spam Filter need improvement

Spam folder. Need to improve Spam filter that allow user to manually decided what go in the Spam folder. I got good email in my Spam folder, and using Not Spam button does not work.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Put the Yahoo Mail back the way it was, YOU have DELETED ALL OF MY FOLDERS,CONTACTS AND OTHER FILES WITH DOCUMENT THAT ARE EXTREMELY IMP

Put the Yahoo Mail back the way it was, YOU have DELETED ALL OF MY FOLDERS,CONTACTS AND OTHER FILES WITH DOCUMENT THAT ARE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT FOR MY WORK.
    I HATE IT; PUT IT BACK. WHERE ARE ALL MY FOLDERS AND EMAILS,PICTURES THAT CANNOT BE REPLACED???????

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop with the being signed in forever @ sign in.!

WTF is up with every time I go to sign in, I see the box, check marked stay signed in... each & every bloody **** time... and unchecking it, does NOT freaking work, it still shows up as check marked, which I did NOT agree to Yahoo... enough... GET RID OF THAT STUPID FEATURE..... simple.! Stupid morons...

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Prevent Hydra Brute Force Attacks Please- limit number of attempts per IP address 24 hr wait

Prevent attacks by limiting guesses. If you miss 4 in a row 24 hour wait per IP address.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Smart View vs. Basic

I have to use Basic Mail because the new Yahoo Mail lacks critical customization, such as removing Smart Views. What idiot came up with that

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Put it back like it was 2-3 years ago!

Put it back like it was 2-3 years ago! I tried the newest one-and hated it -now I went back to classic, but you've changed it, as well. I've had yahoo mail since 1999, but I will use someone else if you don't fix this soon. It didn't need "improving"!

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. "UNWANTED EMAILS"

Develop an app unsubscribing unwanted emails that have entered the
    spam or email inbox. The app should unsubscribe from anonymous emails that have no unsubscribe feature on them (website or an individual sender). An app that shuts down intruding personal emails from an unknown sender with a notification sent to a sender (source) that they will be cited for an invasion of privacy of an individual, a network, or a firm. Whether or not these sites were subscribed by Yahoo clients or not, there must be an option for Yahoo clients to shut down unwanted emails from automated mailing from…

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Yahoo has lost it's mind on what gets dumped into the spam folder.

Yahoo spam is a joke. I'm constantly having to go through my spam folder to mark mail I rely on as Not Spam. It's like five year olds are developing the ****.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. why are new, unread emails no longer in bold type please?

simples - new emails are now in the same type-face as old email that's been opened and read. Why are they now no longer logically in the original, bolder type-face?

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. THERE ARE so many ways you could improve mail

make it simple and make actual message larger, larger, largest. I basically hate yahoo mail but stick with because too busy right now to learn new. Put send down at bottom, eg. look at other mail sites and copy their many, many helpful features. most ridiculous & inexplicable is leaving BLANK SPACE on the right of message; WHY??? Enlarge trhedamn message!!! That's what we look at mail for, not BLANK SPACE on the right or wasted space anywhere. ARE YOU INSANE???? BLANK SPACE WHEN YOU COULD ENLARGE THE ACTUAL MESSAGE??? BLANK SPACE, YAHOO!!!??? CRAZY. You won't monetize selling BLANK SPACE!!!…

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base