Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

111 results found

1. For the past week I have had trouble accessing my e-mail. I'm tired of going through changes in password and secret codes sent to other dev

For the past week I have had trouble getting access to my e-mail. I am tired of constantly having to change my password and getting secret codes sent to another device every time I want to read an e-mail. Please give me a human being to call so that I can resolve whatever at Yahoo is blocking my access. Have you changed your system to something that has flaws?

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Can't access email

Trying to access my email accounts and this new format is for the birds! I input my email address, click on continue, then enter my password and when I try to access the account I get a message I have to open some JPSON file which does not open! I have to keep going to HELP to get a code to get into my accounts. WHAT IS GOING ON YAHOO.....STOP FIXING THAT THAT DOES NOT NEED FIXING!!!!!

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Didn't think you could make sign in a pain in the butt, but you managed with the separate screens for name and password

Stop screwing around with things that weren't broken. Find something else for your tech staffers to do, like play scrabble, chess, or poker, or send them over to bother Gmail or something

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Unable to open mail if traveling to another country provided a telephone number is given and you are unable to use that phone number while

I am unable to open my mail when traveling to another country due to yahoo security issue. I have provided my phone number. So when I login from a different country, yahoo is doubtful and prompt to send a code to the registered mobile number. What if I don't use my registered phone in the country where I am travelling ?. My registered phone may not work in a different country. That means you are lost the access if you provide your mobile number. SO DO NOT PROVIDE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I keep being asked for a cell number. I own no cell phone. I have been locked out when I travel. Please respect my password always.

quit locking me out when I travel. I have no cell phone. My alternative email address is also locked for one week. It sucks to be without communication. I have no cell phone. getit?

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The new security systems do not work for people who travel

The new security setup does not work. I travel around the world and use many different devices and I am getting locked out almost daily.

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I'm tired of Yahoo suggesting that I change my password and add a mobile number each time I log-in.

I'm tired of Yahoo suggesting that I change my password and add a mobile number each time I log-in. If someone hacks into my account it won't be because I compromised my account. Also, my mobile number is none of Yahoo's business. In fact, the more personal info you (Yahoo) has on hand...the easier it is for my identity to be compromised, STOP THIS!!! And, when I try to access my email account on my smartphone via the mobile site, Yahoo won't allow me. It's blocking my log-in in order to push me to download the app. I don't want…

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ridiculous that I have to verify my identity every time I visit my hometown in MExico

I think that just putting in my password is just enough to verify who I am..no one else knows it..I have to go through a message verification and my cell phone does not work here or a verification code in my hotmail..Why should I have to go through this every time?

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. can not sign in, yahoo will not help, poor support

below is the reply from support, you do what they say and its a run around, nothing will help you, they say call them,,,,,,,,your on hold for 5 minutes then they hang up on you,,,,,,,,i get a response like below , its a generated response for every problem , WILL NOT HELP ME AT ALL, why don't they have a actual e-mail address to write to....

they say to call them to get support,,,,,,ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

Product Support (Admin, Yahoo) responded · Jun 26, 2014

I’m very sorry that you’re having so much trouble regaining access to your account! Unfortunately I am…

30th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. I would like to have a code sent by text to enter when a pw change is attempted.

Upgraded Security. I had my email password changed without my knowledge and a code sent to my phone already listed would have prevented this. I would like to see this additional security step added when a password change is attempted.

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
1 2 3 4 6 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base