Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

111 results found

1. Your Key sign in feature sucks

I was asked to transfer to a key thing, which I did. Now I can't even access my mails from my desktop and other gadgets. It used to be synchronized. Everything was going fine.

I tried following the instructions you gave. Ok, so maybe, I am too dumb and could not follow. But tell me, is it just me? I am seeing many others expressing the same discontent. I have been on this email address ever since. Sure, I can switch to another provider. It will be burdensome for me, I will need to either advise or manually change my…

25th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. Allow similar passwords when changing them.

You annoy us with e-mail because YOU, Yahoo!, compromised our data. (Or was that AT&T or whatever company ownes you this week?) So, when I voluntarily go in to make a change THAT I CAN REMEMBER to my e-mail password, you reject it because it's too similar, even if it's different, to the one I had previously...you know, the one that was secure for almost TWENTY YEARS until you messed me up. You're sending me messages you're stopping login attempts. Good. If someone is trying to log in, and it's not me, and it's from a device I wouldn't use,…

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Whenever I have logged out and the following day, log -into yahoo mail. I check my account log and usually I see I am still logged in

Whenever I have logged out and the following day, log into yahoo mail. I check my account log and usually I see I am still logged in from several active entries. Is this common or do I have issues?

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Remedy for being locked out

Please make the "secret questions" method for accessing a locked-out account available to ALL Yahoo accounts -- not merely some. On my current trip to Istanbul from the U.S., I was initially locked out of my four Yahoo accounts. One account eventually allowed access by answerıng two secret questions. The other three accounts continue denying access by cross-referencing to each other . . . and by NOT asking the secret questions attached to those accounts. Talk about a "Catch 22." Any help overcoming this problem will be greatly appreciated. Muchas gracias.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. l would like to change my current password, my colleagues can open my PC and read my emails

my idea is that the yahoo.com site should be private to each user, no one must be able to open other PC's to view other people's mail.
    This is very, very disturbing - when l open to read my mail, does not aske for password, l just click on my name and mail, the entire emails
    are shown, which is very wrong, - Please rectify this.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. make it easy to get your passwork,can you send a web side please

make it easyer for you to get your paasword,send a website to your phone so you can reset your password

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. had to enter a code 5 times that was sent to my work email. do I have to do this everytime I want to see my emails? what to do on weekends?

this will not work, sending a code everytime to the verification email. It took forever to get in. I tried 5 x's before your system accepted the code. This is nuts!!!! Will this happen everytime I try ot accesss my emails? Do I need to use Gmail from now on?

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Hello, I got problem with Pay Pal, they cclamed you block my Pay Pal access is this truth ? Please reply

Hello, I got problem with Pay Pal, they claimed you block my Pay Pal access is this truth ? Please reply

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Everytime I log in, it asks for recovery email address even though I already set one

Everytime I log into my email account, it asks me for a recovery email address even though I already set one and asks me for a mobile phone number. I put in a phone number, and of course, it still asks me for a recovery email address and phone number. It used to do it occasionally, but now it's every time. If it keeps this up, it will be the last straw, and I'll give up yahoo!

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I started having trouble signing into my Yahoo on my I phone in January sometime. It just stopped working. I finally deleted that app and

I have had trouble with my yahoo account n my I phone since mid January. I finally deleted it and added the new account for my phone. All was ok, but now I cannot get into yahoo on my desk top without a code being texed to me each time. My phone app no longer works either. If you guys are changing thing we should be alerted. So, WHAT IS GOING ON?????

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want to go back to my old email,this new one is a pain in the butt.

Get me back to my old yahoo,or I will go with my carrier Cox

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Very disappointed which new Yahoo mail. Why you keep track of my password including the old one? What a stupid step.

1. Very disappointed which new Yahoo mail. Why you keep track of my password including the old one? What a stupid step.

2. I want to delete my account completely. How to do it?

Thank you.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. My mobile app is asking for a fingerprint, PIN or pattern. I have not set up any of those.

My mobile app wants a PIN pattern or fingerprint. I have not set those up. It will not allow me to proceed. I NEED MY EMAIL ON MY PHONE. I tried deleting it and re downloading. Same ****.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. DONT MAKE ME CHANGE MY ******* PASSWORD. LEAVE MY **** THE **** ALONE. I WANT MY OLD PASSWORD BACK BECAUSE I CAN REMEMBER IT. STUPID *******

LEAVE MY **** ALONE!!!!!!!!!!! IF I WANT TO USE THE SAME PASSWORD EAT **** AND MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS@!!!!!!!!!!!!I USE SOMETHING THAT IS NOT EASY BUT EASY FOR ME TO REMEMBER! STUPID DICKHOLES. READY TO CHANGE MY EMAIL SERVER COMPLETELY. YOU SUCK FAT BAGS OF DICKS

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I DO NOT have a mobile device of ANY kind. My other email I haven't accessed in years. If I change internet provider I lose THAT account.

I DO NOT have a mobile device of ANY kind. My other email I haven't accessed in years. If I change internet provider I lose THAT account.
    If my Yahoo account is ever hacked in the future...Wouldn't all this info you're collecting compromise those too?
    PLEASE just give me an 'opt out' choice in any changes to my account!
    AND if ALL this is about "SECURITY"?...Why have a " Stay Logged In" feature? At least have THAT option unchecked instead of checked automatically!
    My Yahoo 'experience' is getting to be like a NIGHTMARE written by a deranged Dr. Suess.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. IF you want us to change our password on our accounts, it would help alot IF you would accept the new password that we enter!

IF you want us to change our password on our accounts, it would help alot IF you would accept the new password that we enter! People with head injuries & memory issues have a hard time learning new things & have a limited number of things that we are able to be sure to remember to use as passwords!
    Incidentally...since you are pulling this nonsense on both of my Yahoo accounts, you can forget about replying to my yahoo e-mail since it looks like you will not allow me access to either one of them! Much better that you respond…

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here