Skip to content

Yahoo Mail Basic

Basic Mail provides base functionality like reading and writing messages, but does not include many of the advanced options. To use these features, we recommend upgrading to full-featured version of Yahoo Mail.

Tell us how we can improve your Yahoo Mail – Basic experience. The more specific your feedback, the more useful for us. While we can’t respond to every suggestion, we review regularly and take them very seriously. Our Guidelines have more on how you can give great feedback.

For online help or to contact Yahoo Customer Care with tech, abuse, or general inquiries, click here

If you think your account has been compromised or if you need help getting back in, get immediate assistance

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

284 results found

1. Holy ****, could yahoo mail suck any more than

Holy *, could yahoo mail suck any more than it already does? Seriously, are you jerks trying to get people to switch to GMail? I have sat here for fifteen minutes just trying to get this stupid "feedback" page to open, I'm that * fed up. Why in the holy **** does it take half the evening to open one email? Refresh. Close ad Re Open. Refresh. Timeout. Re Open. Log in 20 times. Click Click Click. Refresh. Restart. Holy *! I could fly my butt to India, read the freaking email off the other guy's computer, and

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Other  ·  Admin →
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  2. 372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. I NEED REAL TIME TECH HELP SINCE YOU GOT HACKED.

WHAT IS IT WITH YAHOO THAT THEY ARE TO **** STINGY TO OFFER REAL LIVE TECH HELP. THEY GOT HACKED AGAIN IN DEC. TWO OF MY ACCOUNTS I CANNOT LOG INTO AND HAVE WASTED A FEW DAYS AND HOURS FOLLOWING THEY LOUSY INSTRUCTIONS OVER AND OVER WITH NO RESULTS. IF THEY ARE TO CHEAP TO OFFER REAL LIVE HELP THEY SHOULD GO OUT OF BUSINESS.

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "********* to the Outhouse"

You have turned the finest Email site into GARBAGE! I have had a yahoo account for 20+ years and I'm ready to dump it for Gmail. It operates so slowly I literally have to wait 30 seconds+ for it to respond to my keystrokes while it tries to load some "******** Ad".
    I know I'm only one of your "millions of customers" and you probably don't care if I leave, but I don't have any problems with Gmail or Comcast mail, so you lose. I don't have to pay for ads on the other sites for fast service.
    I don't…

372nd ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. WHY CAN'T I CHANGE SIZE OF TEXT AND OTHER THINGS??!!

Why can't I change the size of the text or the color, and what happened to the seasonal stationary that you had?! The text for this Basic Yahoo is horrible and so small to read...you keep messing things up and I'M TOTALLY FED UP WITH ALL THE UNNECESSARY CHANGES YOU KEEP MAKING!!!!!!!!! Yahoo Mail is the worst that I've ever known of, and I've been continually told to change to something other than Yahoo...SO GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER AND PUT ALL THE THINGS BACK THAT WERE THERE BEFORE!!!!!!!!! I'M ALSO SICK AND TIRED OF HAVING TO CHANGE MY PASSWORDS AND…

89th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I want my contacts back. Your changes are negatives. I hate your new version. Why do you think this is what we want? Get real.

Why do you make changes without thinking? If it ain't broken don't fix it. I lost my entire contact list and there is no option to fix on the basic site because your changes are messing it up. Stop trying to make something people DONT want!

45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Switch it back to the Yahoo Classic mail. The new version is the worst one available on the web...

The functionality is non-existent. You have to click through every thing. Nothing is intuitive or where you expect it to be. There are Ads below the buttons, which makes no sense at all. Things take forever to load, upload, and attach. You have a dumb pop-up confirmation window that you have to click through after sending the message (USELESS! Give me a pop-up if it is NOT successful.) It looks like *, functions like *, and makes no sense at all how the page, button, and things are organized. All that being said, the Basic version is leaps…

37th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Other  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Don't worry about my security!

Most of my email is just SPAM! When a site wants an email address or cell phone number (unavailable) for log in.

I use an email program because logging in to Mail.Yahoo.Com is pain, loading is slower, and there are no added benefits, like decent stationery.

Rumor has it that advertisements can contain malware and tracking. Are they delivered via SSL from a reliable source?

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. HOw to improve: ELIMINATE YOUR ******, LIBERAL NEWS....WE THE PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF YOUR IMMORAL AGENDA AND WE WILL BE HEARD IN NOVEMBER

HOw to improve: ELIMINATE YOUR ******, LIBERAL NEWS....WE THE PEOPLE ARE TIRED OF YOUR IMMORAL AGENDA AND WE WILL BE HEARD IN NOVEMBER. GO TRUMP!!!!!!

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Fix Please!

So now I can no longer select and move emails into My Folders. I get a message saying "There was a problem! No folder selected. Please select a folder and try again." which is not true. Lately it's one thing after another with Yahoo mail. Please correct.

281st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Leave things alone. Quit asking me to update to newest version, it stinks!! Yahoo used to be my main e-mail. No More

Every time you improve you downgrade your product. I used to use Yahoo as my main e-mail. The only reason I haven't closed the account is some old contacts don't have my new address. I never use the Yahoo search engine anymore, google has become superior in every way. What a tragedy.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. why are my emails being marked as read on arrival when I have clearly said in my settings NEVER for this. I have tried different browsers.

This is happening across my devices and across my browsers. I have searched online but can't find a solution. Please help or I'm ditching my yahoo account that i've been using for over 10 years as important mail is being missed because of this.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Fix the mailbox so that it doesn't show that you have gotten e-mails when you haven't.

For instance, Mine keeps saying that I have got 3 or 4 new e-mails but when I go to my inbox, there is nothing new there. May have a lot more spam then usual, but nothing in my mailbox. I know this may be a free service, but some of us has better things to do then go to an empty mailbox to read something that it says is there and it is not. This does it most in my toolbar. It will show mail when it don't. Please fix it.

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. IT'S HORRIBLE!!!

I am 'bundled' with Direct TV. Yet, I am supposed to pay extra for the Classic???? What the *!!!! I'm paying a fortune now!!
    YOU are supposed to give me HIGH SPEED, tsk! Updated version, tsk!

I'm not supposed to come to you to PAY MORE!!!! I don't think so!!
    Please put the *
    thing back to where it belongs and stop pi**ing
    with it!!!!!!!!!!
    I've had it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. well the new mail really sucks a big one, but you knew that, you always do what people dont want.. As usual you suck..

Go back, but we know they will not do it, because yahoo hates americans, look at there liberal post, most you cant comment on because katie couric is a trader to America as are all liberal news.. Truth is something your afraid of yahoo..

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Emails partly disappear

All November and December emails disappeared for 12 Hours, then I clicked the alianz sponsored advert and everything was back to normal. It has happened 3-4 times this month. Is this done to push us to open the advert?

120th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 45th ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Yahoo mail is infuriating!

Yahoo mail has asked me to change my password three times this past week and has failed repeatedly to send my outgoing emails due to "suspicious activity". It fails to send them after forcing me to enter a captcha for every email to verify that it isn't spam and each email has only one recipient, not a very good spam idea you idiots! I have spoken to someone on the phone and emailed customer service repeatedly about this issue and continue to have service interruption that is costing me important meetings. I also hate the new version of the mail…

61st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 25 years with Yahoo and I am finally giving up. Email has got worse, the site has got worse and easy tasks have got harder

get back to what you used to do well. Yahoo has become intolerable just using its basic functions. 25 years of using you and I cant take it anymore. Switching to an alternative

191st ranked

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base