Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

fix the weather page.

fix it please

46th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Tom Dillon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • d. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hey Yahoo! Where did everyone's (according to the threads below) locations go in the weather app? There are 8 comments about this (now 9) since 4/12/2019. Are you working on this issue? Is this a permanent change? Do you even care? It appears that you don't, as you haven't once replied to anyone's comments! Please fix it, or at least address the issue! Thanks!

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Me too! My favorite weather info on cities around the world are GONE.. can't retrieve any info????
    Under review since JUNE 5, 2018?? Who fell asleep at the wheel ???

• David Dapper commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, the Yahoo Weather module on My Yahoo has stopped showing current location or saved locations. It will show current location, but only if you "click here to set your precise location." Please fix this!

• Stewart Lundgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The code worked for years. I saw my home city and a list of cities I wanted to see weather for. What happened? Why would you change the code of something that worked? I guess you have too many employees and they make up work to do but end up screwing things up.

Favorite cities are gone, gives instructions to add but does not work. Please fix

Agree with comment below!! Weather box on my.yahoo is like every other part of my.yahoo. It is only as reliable as yahoo wants it to be, or has the time for.

Perhaps I should be grateful that I have to enter my ZIP Code every time I login to get the weather, because at least I know I'm not in Sunnydale, California! But I'm not. It's 2019 people--fix the weather app so we can put our desired city(ies) on the home page.

• Stewart Lundgren commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If something works why mess around with it? The loss of weather cities has got to be a coding error. I used to have a list of 7-8 places and now it's gone. Why change this? I guess there are too many people working and not enough to do so they make up work. Regardless, this is a failure.

My Yahoo lost all the cities I was following for temperature (displayed together on the weather page). Now the weather page will only show one city. Hopefully this is not an updated feature.

Unable to detect my location. "Browsers denied permission to get your current location" Currently shows Quebec, Canada! Sometimes shows cities in Georgia, New York,,,etc. My location is Castro Valley, CA. So-so weird that the weather programs detects my location in other states. Have tried the remove then add it back to my page content - no use!

• T C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

location wrong all the time. The app is basically useless

last five days nothing at all. Financial widget is just brilliant. Get those folk to help out the weather folk, please!

location wrong all the time. cannot correct or edit.why fix something that was working just fine. pur it back the way it was.

• Jeff Nolan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems puts me where I do not live and won't go away,maybe time to hire " real IT " people.

Location wrong every time I go in to Weather, change it constantly. Can't add locations any
    more or delete those I don't need. This worked before. Sound simple FIX IT.
    And quit messing around with things, you just ***** it up

• settler44 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Every time the page is refreshed I have to have it "detect my location" as it defaults to "New York" - somewhere in the middle of the state. Why do things that work OK for a while always seem to get screwed up?

• Peter Goulet commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can no longer manage my location. Oath sucks. You bloodsucking pigs have trapped us in your stupid scheme to make more ad money and location management is no longer possible. I'm now on a search to find a new homepage.

• Dartnkatz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Let US set the default location for the app because the one you show is always wrong. I don't live in Sunnyvale and I DO have detect location turned on, for all the good that does. Also, the forecast that shows in the app isn't the same as the forecast on the web page if you click through. The app is basically useless, I don't know why I even have it on my homepage. Fix it or get rid of it.

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base