Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

Weather Location . . . Help . . . P L E A S E !

My Weather is stilllll not showing my actual location ... first! Please, Oh Grand Pubah's of Weather . . . Please Oh Please Fix my location!
Thank You Very Much!

70th ranked
Vote
Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
ArmChair Weather World Traveler! shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

6 comments

Sign in
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Brad Harrison commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I experience the same. Its weird. When I am in the office and refresh my page, the weather goes to Midway, GA. When I click on the location icon and select 'detect my location', it goes to my current location. However, when I am home and refresh my page, it accurately detects my location.

• GPS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I live in San Leandro, CA, but the default "Current Location" shows weather for Alameda, CA. It's only 10 miles away, but it's an island in the bay, not 700 feet up in the hills where I live, so it has a different micro-climate. My ISP drop is not located there, either. When I click the "Detect my location" link, I get an accurate display; however, as soon as the page is refreshed, it goes back to the default location, which is wrong.

Please fix it.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have the same issue. I can delete the weather app, dump all my cookies, reload the app, and it still defaults to a location I didn't ask for. 'Detect my location' does find my area, but it always defaults to "your location" which is wrong.

• Waclaw Borken-Hagen commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I find it arrogant and annoying to force us into reading a weather report from an assumed location
    which in my case has a different microclimate and temperatures differ by 10-15 degrees.
    I am discouraged with unresponsiveness od this site and will look for a different supplier of the weather information.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You know it has been YEARS since I used my.yahoo.com. Way back when, you could have weather show a particular location, not their best guess based on your current IP address. WHICH IS NOT WHAT ANYONE wants.

Or if if is, they could have a setting "current location or specific location?" But they chose not to - because they know best.

Years later I am again looking for an internet portal. Decided to see if anyone had ever fixed this. The answer being no, I guess I will keep looking.

Feedback and Knowledge Base