Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

weather app

What is it with your weather app and the location? I have continuously updated the app to my local weather but each time I refresh my.yahoo, it updates my location to somewhere else. Somewhere else seems to change weekly. I am in Orange, CA but yet your app says Independence, Kansas.
I have set my location MANY times, I have even saved it as my favorite, I even let you identify my current location but yet, your app tells me I am currently in Independence, Kansas. Nothing against Kansas at all but it's 1500+ miles from me. Get your act straight Yahoo, as it stands now, you are worthless to me.

60th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

13 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can you PLEASE fix the saved weather locations on the "my yahoo" page? This is clearly frustrating for people! My husband who hardly uses internet has depended on looking at those locations (all in one place) for years and now he keeps bugging me - please fix!

• Larry Bremer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am in Laguna Hills and get Orange Co weather info. Says Orange is my current location, IT ISNT YAHOOS. Lost all the other cities I am following.

I'm having trouble keeping the weather on my yahoo page of cities other than my own. Please fix this I seeing the weather where my family lives.

• robin brown commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here...all saved cities are gone and my location shows PA not CT.....Please Yahoo FIX IT!

I used to have at least 8 different locations and now there is only one.. what HAPPENED??????

Same experience - all of my saved weather locations are gone and the local one is not mine. I enter my current location, but it diverts to a different location. Guess I will just delete weather and end the frustration!!!

• frank commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

All my saved locations have vanished. I have cities that I visit and/or have family in saved to keep track of their weather. Now they are all gone.

Me to! Live Little Rock area. Weather shows me primarily somewhere in Texas, though it moves me around a bit. Never has shown me in Arkansas.

I have the same problem. It seems to pop up every few months, stays for a while, and then straightens out. I would like to know if there is something on my end I could do to fix it. Allowing it to detect my location doesn't work.

Feedback and Knowledge Base