Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

Please give us the same features we had in the old My Yahoo

Please give us the same features we had in the old My Yahoo. The new My Yahoo is just a "dumbed down" version with an ugly display. We can deal with ugly, but we need the features we had before.

6th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
srself shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
Gathering feedback  ·  Product Support responded  · 

We’re always working on improving the modules and the amount of features available. Stay tuned for updates in the future.

Thanks for using My Yahoo!

102 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

"Gathering Feedback" from a post 5 years old tells the story. Yahoo stopped caring years ago.

• Peggy Emrey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're really working to improve features, why do they keep disappearing? There are fewer every day!

Yahoo used to have the BEST MLB coverage of anybody. Their coverage of live games was the absolute greatest on the internet. My how things have changed.

• Linda Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I hate the new yahoo. You asked me to try it - I did - and I hate it! I want the classic yahoo back - why don't you give people the option to just try it and go back to the classic version if not liked. This new version is awful - too many dislikes to mention! I want Classic back NOW!

• M on YH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Katelind Powers: Great comment. It shows how much Yahoo cared about it's customers and unfortunately why their competitors have been running circles around them. They let a great feature (My Yahoo) that was unwatchable anywhere else, slowly die.

• Katelind Powers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The original comment was posted on May 4, 2014. Yahoo responded on May 22, 2014 that they were "gathering feedback". Now it is May, 2017. So how long does it take to gather feedback? Maybe they could just read the comments pages.

No wonder Yahoo is were it is at. Why the F do you think you know what user want? There was nothing wrong with the old MY YAHOO that needed to be changed. You seem to think customizing my page they way you want is better then the way I want it to look. This totally sucks. Want the old My Yahoo back or at least give US the option of using the old or new versions. And to think M M is going to walk away with hundreds of millions of dollars when Verizon takes over this pathetic site.

• srself commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been three years since Yahoo killed off the useable versions of Yahoo and My Yahoo on a desktop or laptop computer. So, it seems clear that Yahoo won't bring back the features we had in My Yahoo before 2014 no matter how much we ask Yahoo to do so. I moved on to other providers (MSN and Google News and Weather and Finance.) Those services might not be as quite as good as Yahoo was before 2014, but they are far better than Yahoo is now. I just check Yahoo every few months to see if Yahoo has improved any in the meantime, but it seems to be getting worse. No worries, because I don't miss it anymore.

• D commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Change for change's sake is not always good! Bring back ability to find "My Comments" and receive notice of feedback or replies to comments!

Why do you keep screwing with our home page layout? Now I can't see my local news, you messed with my portfolio and added **** no one is interested in. Pease let us have our old features back.

• Vernon Woolman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It appears that you simply are not listening to your users. Think about it!
    The former My Portfolio link opened a single page displaying a list of stocks with no extraneous garbage on the page. My page was customized to display key fundamental parameters important to me. That simple but highly useful page layout is no longer available. I started using this capability in 2005.
    Clicking on a particular stock on the above Portfolio page brought up a page showing a large graphic of the stock price over time. The new page shows a small graphic with a lot of other "stuff" around the remainder of the page. It is much more difficult to extract data from the small graph.
    The combination of the above was key information used in analyzing, selling and buying stocks. Without this capability provided by Yahoo!, I will be forced to seek alternate data sources.
    Note that you, Yahoo!, also host my business Website server and Mail server. I likely will moved to a different supplier.
    I hope this provides you, Yahoo!, a bit more information so you can better understand why you are seeing such a response to your changes. Your misinformed changes are seriously impacting your business clients. Recognize that many of these clients are AT&T clients. As far as I am concerned, the former Yahoo! now exists in name only. What in the world is your business plan!?!

• Thomas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've been using Yahoo since 1997...I very definitely agree with all the other posters regarding the recent changes to Yahoo!
    It's very annoying!

GIVE US THE SAME FEATURES WE HAD IN THE OLD MY YAHOO! I had the page customized exactly the way I wanted it to display along with the colors I wanted, and you trashed it all! I want it back now!

I wish that I would get less messages about women inquiring about having ***.......also other ads
    that I finds offense....

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base