Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

I hate hate hate the new My Yahoo page. There is a whole block for ads, but suddenly there's a bar up at the top of the page with another ad

Why is there suddenly a bar at the top of the page with an ad...but it's cut off? Still taking up space, still an annoyance, but not totally visible. I hate your new page. Please stop telling us that you want our feedback, but then telling us not to tell you we hate the new design.

4th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

118 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

i use adblock. for a donation, i installed it and have no problem with ads.
    it also stops all the ads on youtube before you can watch some videos

• Elvin Tan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used to like yahoo home news layout. Then you forced the change on me deciding you know best without letting users control their option. I used to be able to set my preference to US so I can get US news but you seem so smart to know I want local news and will not allow me to change. The only option that is working is UK setting. Also there is a disparity if using mobile and pc when viewing yahoo. Mobile gets news highlights you can scroll but it is disabled for PC. Yahoo seems to not care about its users and thinks very highly of themselves on what user wants. Keep it up and alienate your user base and your name will be synonymous with names like Netscape and AOL.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I want to go straight to emails, not hve to go through a useless blue coloured page first

• J commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I customize my home page with what "I" want to see - and now they have changed the news categories. I had Europe/Asia/Middle East news, now they all say Yahoo Latest...etc.
    Now, if I try and re-add Reuters, it moves it to the left side of the page above my weather!
    Where do I go now? Xfinity, MSN, Verizon (do not know if they allow homepage customizations)?
    I cannot stand Google and refuse to use them. Other places have been recommended, but when I checked them out, they were only search bars; that will not work for me. The thought of even having to change my email is a nightmare.
    It is also bad enough they removed "local news" - which was easier than going in to individual local news websites.

If it anin't broke don't fix it. I loved the NHL scores etc and its gone. Why did you or who in their right mind decided this manoeuver???

• Judith Aune commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yahoo it is time to address this popup ad problem. I have switched to Google Chrome can't stand Yahoo!

• Vyn Sonn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If anyone at Yahoo has even half of a brain between their ears, then listen up! GO BACK TO THE PREVIOUS FORMAT FOR THE HOME PAGE!!! I've been with Yahoo for over 20 years and I've had it with you people changing things just to say "new." It's B.S. and I'm over it. MSN or Google, here I come! Fix it or lose a large portion of your user base. EVERY LONG TIME USER I KNOW HATES IT. Why you insist on knowing what' "best" is beyond understanding. If you actually did some questionnaires for us LONG TERM users it would be PLAINLY OBVIOUS that we HATE THE IGNORANT CHANGES you have made. Fix it or we're done with you!

• TLP379 commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

BRING BACK THE OLD YAHOO HOMEPAGE LAYOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NEW HOMEPAGE SUCKS!!

They're paying for it with layoffs and closings. Too bad they were not intelligent enough to listen to their customer base.

• CouldntCareLessΩ R commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are all wasting our time leaving this INSULTING 'make suggestion' comments. NOTHING, and I mean NOTHING that has been suggested by the USERS of Yahoo has been acted upon by the LEFTIST CEO Marissa Mayer!
    1. Completely DESTROYED 'My Yahoo'! What a joke it is now. It indeed is not MINE any longer.
    2. On 1st April, HOW APPROPRIATE to SLAP YOUR USERS IN THE FACT on that day and replace all of our personal Avatars with GOOGLE polka dots! PURE INSULTING! ! !
    3. FULL PAGE ADS made to look like a real news story. PATHETIC! ! !
    4. When you go to leave comments, most of the time, your mouse curser automatically jumps into the F'n Yahoo Search box! ! ANNOYING AS ****! ! !
    5. Ads that automatcally start that have NO STOP OPTION! AND you run 2-5 of them AT ONCE! ! ! Just WHO'S COMPUTER RESOURCES ARE YOU USING HERE? Answer: MINE!
    6. The latest thing to drive what's left of your users away: Automatically 'Restarting from the beginning story' the news! If I have gone though 45 stories out of say, 65, I pause to actually read a story, IN ANOTHER TAB, I go back, and the **** THING STARTS OVER AGAIN!

I simply have to ask. ARE YOU JUST TRYING TO DO ALL YOU CAN TO SEE HOW LONG IT TAKES TO TOTALLY DESTROY YAHOO?????? How long does it take to get rid of the REVENUE producing USERS who has been with yahoo for 20 PLUS YEARS???

WHY is Marissa Mayer still CEO??? Is she actually a Google 'plant' to DESTROY Yahoo for some unknown to the users reasons???

Well there it is. My wasted time spent ranting about changes that will NEVER HAPPEN as long as Yahoo has MM in the drivers seat.
    MAKE HER GO HOME. She has fricken kids to raise. Poor bastards..

• chuckiev commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If you're using chrome add the Ad Block extension - it completely eliminates ad on the entire page!

I absolutely hate your new big ad at the top of my page. I don't mind that you have ads but this one is irritating beyond belief.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base