Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

Page jumps to the top every time I hover a news article - Makes Yahoo USELESS

Page jumps to the top every time I hover a news article - Makes Yahoo USELESS if I cant open anything on my homepage!

45th ranked
Vote
Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

28 comments

Sign in Sign in with Yahoo
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • M on YH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wish that problem still existed. It seems they have now destroyed the whole thing so you can't get any info by hovering over a ticker now. It really is amazing and sad how they keep ruining the site that was once great and is now just dying by a million destructive cuts.

• Betty Nelson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Jul 28, 2016: Had same problem today. Several attempts to read email and was shot back to log-in page to reenter information only to have same process repeat a couple more times.

Old laptop crashed in May, had windows 8.1. I am now with different brand laptop and windows 10. Still not completely familiar with it and almost all apps/sites require extra effort in one way or another to work correctly for me. Passwords are the worst: imagine 50 or more sites all with different requirements... Either they want caps, Symbols and numbers or they don't want some of them and who can remember all the variations for each one. Another grievance of mine.. Leave my passwords alone.
    Thanks for your time and patience

• Levi Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yep, do you guys even try your own product up there? Do any of you see the same thing we see?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Page jumps on article mouse over. Portfolio mouse over causes page to jump (mine jumps to bottom, middle, and top??).
    This page jumping has been happening since day one and yahoo can't/won't fix it.
    Since Yahoo can't seem to fix all the probs. with the "New Yahoo". Maybe they should go back to what worked, and users liked!
    SOoo...goodby yahoo, but I'll check the YHOO stock tick. every year to see if ya'll still in biz..

• Leon Smith commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Move your cursor to an area that is not a link and click. Then your scrolling efforts will not be in vain - maybe. That is what has worked for me.

• Roger Watson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seems like I am forever scrolling with the new Yahoo. Page always jumps to the top and I cannot figure out why. And If I want to get down to the bottom to provide feedback Yahoo keeps adding more links. I had to find the feedback page another way. Must be the way they eliminate feedback.

Page jumping must be fixed soonest. Is it tied to the problem I'm having with Yahoo running slow (more like stops in sports)?

I've noticed that this bug is in the "compact" view of the modules. A workaround is to set the module to "full" or "medium" using the settings on the lower right-hand corner of each module. It makes the page much longer but at least it doesn't jump to the top every time your mouse touches a link. Hopefully, Yahoo can fix this but soon.

This is worse than annoying. Half my content is unavailable to open. Does the same thing when I hover over a ticker symbol in my portfolio'

• john weinstein commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Of all the issues with the new my.yahoo homepage, well documented here, this is the one that's going to force me to switch to another service. I can live with the fact that you can't get my location correct and thus weather and movies are never accurate, but when I want to read an article, I do not want to have to struggle to read it. Seems I'm not alone - "useless" is the correct word...

Note my email address of jweinstein98 - that's 98 as in 1998, the year I started using my.yahoo. I'm just days away from leaving after 16 years!

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This bug was documented around June. Two months later, all that has happened is that it is now ranked 15 with no fix in sight, and the page continues to jump to the top when you put the mouse over any item if the window is sized smaller than the large container. It is baffling that Yahoo, of all companies, is incapable of creating a Web page that would earn a passing grade in a freshman HTML class.

• Randy_Michigan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's been three weeks since my last post. My Yahoo is still jumping to the top. It almost feels like Yahoo is intentionally trying to p*ss me off.

• Suzee Que commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, I thought it was some kind of glitch in my computer! YES, that is so very frustrating and annoying. I am getting so fed up with Yahoo that after over fifteen years , I'm about to bolt. P.S. They obviously could not care less what any of us think or want.

• K Anderson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is someone supposed to use this when it jumps all over the place. You can't even scroll on the page without a simple rollover causing it to jump back to the top.

• Stefan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Note on this bug to assist those testing the page: To replicate it (in FF) you need to resize the browser window somewhat narrower than the full width of the four content columns (that I see in my Yahoo page) so that not all the columns are completely in view. Then the jumping around starts. If you resize the window wide enough to comfortable include all the columns of contents, it does not jump.

Hey, Yahoo... I'm tired of this mess. You've given no idication that you even care that your site is unuseable. This weekend I will be notifying all of my contacts that I am changing to GMAIL. Goodbye!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base