My Yahoo

This forum is for you to make product suggestions and provide thoughtful feedback. We’re always trying to improve our products and we can use the most popular feedback to make a positive change!

The Yahoo product feedback forum now requires a valid Yahoo ID and password to participate.

You are now required to sign-in using your Yahoo email account in order to provide us with feedback and to submit votes and comments to existing ideas. If you do not have a Yahoo ID or the password to your Yahoo ID, please sign-up for a new account.

If you have a valid Yahoo ID and password, follow these steps if you would like to remove your posts, comments, votes, and/or profile from the Yahoo product feedback forum.

Help us make My Yahoo better by giving us feedback.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I hate hate hate the new My Yahoo page. There is a whole block for ads, but suddenly there's a bar up at the top of the page with another ad

Why is there suddenly a bar at the top of the page with an ad...but it's cut off? Still taking up space, still an annoyance, but not totally visible. I hate your new page. Please stop telling us that you want our feedback, but then telling us not to tell you we hate the new design.

4th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Gathering feedback  ·  118 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. This new mobile version of yahoo sucks. It no longer works with touch screens at all. I could'nt even post feed back from it.

You can't even click on the reply button anymore. You have to wait for part of the browser screen to go away and click on the popup window and hope it works. Usually it doesnt and you have to keep trying it. You also cant click on the emails anymore. You can only click on a tiny bit of the left side of them and hope it doesnt just "check" the email. If you are keeping it like this, im going to gmail.

515th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. ZOOMABLE MOBIL WEBSITES

Your mobil website is not zoomable. Therefore persons without 20/20 vision cannot read the small fonts. Please help people like me and make all mobil websites zoomable! Thanks

515th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. 515th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  0 comments  ·  Weather  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. keep Yahoo Scoreboard permanently on My Teams

Yahoo Scoreboard permanently on My Teams

52nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. My scoreboard is now defaulting to "Trending" instead of "My Teams". I have to switch back to "My Teams" every display. Please fix.

When my Yahoo page is displayed the Scoreboard is now defaulting to "Trending" instead of the usual "My Teams". I can manually change it back to "My Teams" but must do it every time the page is displayed. Please fix this.

49th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  8 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Please give us the same features we had in the old My Yahoo

Please give us the same features we had in the old My Yahoo. The new My Yahoo is just a "dumbed down" version with an ugly display. We can deal with ugly, but we need the features we had before.

6th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    100 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re always working on improving the modules and the amount of features available. Stay tuned for updates in the future.

Thanks for using My Yahoo!

8. Pestering ADs!

Cut out the ADs from my personalized Home Page and Email dumps in the Inbox!

I pay a bunch to ATT/Yahoo for my service and you have no right to invade my design. Because of the frequent pestering of ADs, I'm considering another email/online/internet provider - exploring which is the most decent and ethical. Talking to friends.

8th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  70 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. get rid of the huge (!) annoying banner that has suddenly appeared at the top of the layout!!!!

Suddenly we have a huge banner ad across the top advertising flowers. It takes up one fourth of the entire screen. How many more idiotic things are you going to do before you give us back the old Yahoo home page?

14th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. STOP requiring facebook to comment.

Again I have been told to log into the hated Facebook to be allowed to comment on a Yahoo news, sports, tech, or education page.

42nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  21 comments  ·  Errors  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Page jumps to the top every time I hover a news article - Makes Yahoo USELESS

Page jumps to the top every time I hover a news article - Makes Yahoo USELESS if I cant open anything on my homepage!

44th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  28 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remove Kardashian news. Enough is enough. Thank heaven for Google

Kardashians do not contribute to anything worthwhile. Are you that desperate for stories????

50th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Under review  ·  5 comments  ·  Editorial Feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. 24th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  43 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. I HATE the fact that you force an advertisement in the upper right hand corner.

Not only is it annoying, as it blinks like a strobe light, it cannot be moved. It proves you didn't change the format for our benefit, but it was changed for YOUR benefit. I will never buy from Microsoft again due to this. I unsderstand you are a business out to make money and I'm sure you are making a pretty penny from Microsoft. But remember, there are many free email choices out there for consumers (Gmail, Hotmail, etc.). Also, I will start posting on FB & Twitter for people not to use Yahoo! email since ads are now FORCED…

19th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  16 comments  ·  Ads feedback  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Feedback

You are asking for feedback when what this should be called is complaints. Here are a few things we don't want: The ads...we understand that ads pay the bills but you have gone overboard. Today adding one at the top of my page. My "customized" page is anything but that. We don't want you choosing our themes - also do you know they don't work on XP? We don't want our mail messed up. Nothing works in sync, everything loads slowly and when you send an email you don't even know that it went. Do want: a responsive company that…

34th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Email to customers from Yahoo about feedback

And at Yahoo, the stupid never ends. Now I find an email from yahoo in my inbox petulantly telling us they don't want to hear about any more about changing back to the old Yahoo, and only want them posted in a specific place so they don't have to deal with them.
    I did you one better. I found a new homepage and email. I won't be back to Yahoo until you change it back to the old format. Refuse to do that, I'm not coming back.
    As for demands of not cluttering up your feedback page with requests for…

26th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  38 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Your new format does not have a feature to add the Sender of an e-mail to my contacts. If it does how is this done since I not find it. Pl

Plus is does not show the person's name the e-mail was sent to. Only "ME" I know I sent the e-mail but to whom?????

47th ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  10 comments  ·  Layout  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. 21st ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. The cursor has begun to jump in Safari from the URL line to the search box.

This is very annoying. Enough for me to leave your site. I'm trying to type URLs and halfway through, now I'm typing in the search box.

If I want Yahoo search, I'll use the box. PLEASE MAKE THIS STOP!

62nd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Epic FAIL, Yahoo. Can't access the apps "not yet supported", which is the only reason I had you as my home page.

Why don't you guys actually look at what people are using and make sure they work before you update something simply for the sake of an arbitrary deadline and trying to be 'new'?? Your USERS aren't holding you to a deadline, they are trying to USE their features. Make sure you tell your stockholders that the stock TANKED today because the USERS hate the arbitrary changes and it is now USE-LESS.

43rd ranked
    Vote
    Sign in
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    Gathering feedback  ·  9 comments  ·  New My Yahoo  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base